Will Kohli resign from RCB captaincy after another poor year?

Trichromatic

Asking/accepting 17 Cr. for his retention was a very selfish thing to do esp. as a captain of a team which has been high profile, has a very big fan base, reached 3 finals and never won the tournament. He's been the captain for 7 years now FFS. He should be going out of his way to do whatever it takes for the benefit of the team.

And what does he do? Takes extra 2 Cr. from a limited total purse. An extra 2 Cr. is peanuts for him, just an ego boost of being the most expensive player of IPL.

Don't really know what's the deal with Rahul and RCB (Virat). Unless Rahul didn't want to play for RCB, there were ways for RCB to retain Rahul by adjusting price points of VK, AB and KL (ie. if Rahul asked for more than 7 Cr) ... 13,11,9 or 11,11,11 etc. But then it needed a bit of sacrifice from the captain !!

Asking/accepting 17 Cr. for his retention was a very selfish thing to do esp. as a captain of a team which has been high profile, has a very big fan base, reached 3 finals and never won the tournament. He's been the captain for 7 years now FFS. He should be going out of his way to do whatever it takes for the benefit of the team.

And what does he do? Takes extra 2 Cr. from a limited total purse. An extra 2 Cr. is peanuts for him, just an ego boost of being the most expensive player of IPL.

Don't really know what's the deal with Rahul and RCB (Virat). Unless Rahul didn't want to play for RCB, there were ways for RCB to retain Rahul by adjusting price points of VK, AB and KL (ie. if Rahul asked for more than 7 Cr) ... 13,11,9 or 11,11,11 etc. But then it needed a bit of sacrifice from the captain !!

to me, it seems like Kohli didn't want to stay with RCB and they offered 17 instead of 15 to stay.   

no he wont and i doubt that his franchise wud even pressurize him , he is a brand and he gets them lots of advertisment

He is the captain of Indian team 

if he gives up people will question his self belief

if franchise ask for resignation , they ll face a huge backlash from fans n advertisers 

it can even affect his personal perfomances 

Playing just as batsman isn't enough?

He is too big a name to play just as a player under someone else.

I may be wrong .

Besides I don't think he can take such decisions alone. He has a team of managers ,PR people + wife  who are involved in his  controllable career moves.

idealy he should quit captaincy for RBC and play solo as a batsmen but than again who in the team looks like a captain to you guys? AB could be an option but the rest are just there to fill up the spot. 

From a business point of view, RCB might end up as a bottom feeder but the money they make from the advertisers/sponsors, they could care less. Virat is definitely the face of that team.

He is too big a name to play just as a player under someone else.

I may be wrong .

Besides I don't think he can take such decisions alone. He has a team of managers ,PR people + wife  who are involved in his  controllable career moves.

Seriously, Virat is turning out more like Afridi rather than sachin in term of star value, only good thing is he performs with the bat to back it up. 

Having grudges against player, playing a team based on his marketing in mind rather than team's need. 

You know your team is in wrong hands when bunty ji have more power in team selection than say selectors. 

Did I read that right ? I don’t know stats on ipl 

he skippered them to 3 finals in 7 years ?

Did I read that right ? I don’t know stats on ipl 

he skippered them to 3 finals in 7 years ?

Sorry, he didn't captain 7 years, but 5 years.  2013-2017.  Reached one final in 2016.

The other 2 finals were under Kumble (2009) and Vettori (2011).

As critical as we are of his IPL captaincy, i'd love to see him come back to delhi and captain daredevils. He's a local, he's the only one that can lift the franchise and get them into the playoffs.

But i don't think theres any pressure from the owners, they're happy with the team and kohli seems pretty comfortable captaining RCB

I think it'd be better for both Delhi and Bangalore.

It's been 10 years as player and 5 years as captain. We are done with him. We'd like to see new leadership and some Bangalore boys playing for us, a few among Rahul, Agarwal, Nair, Uthappa, Gowtham, Gopal, Pandey.