Man, We are short! :/ (Or Europeans are too tall)

AmreekanDesi

For the past three weeks I have been lucky to be travelling Scandinavia and Europe. Currently in Netherlands. Trip has been amazing and esp with World Cup going on

However I've realised that man we are short! Referring to Indians here but I guess applies to all desis

im 5'9 (5'11 even with right shoes I guess) and in India I'm almost invariably among the top 10-15% tallest people in the room in any given setting. And I'd be hard pressed to find ANY woman who is taller than me. 

However in these countries it seems that I'm almost invariably among the shortest people in any setting. There's dudes literally towering over me in clubs and at parties. It's ridiculous 

I lived in US for 4 years and honestly there I never felt this conscious. Yes I wasn't among the tallest people there either but I'd always be around the average at worst

but in Europe its intimidating always

how do desis in these countries even deal with it. 

7 hours ago, AmreekanDesi said:

For the past three weeks I have been lucky to be travelling Scandinavia and Europe. Currently in Netherlands. Trip has been amazing and esp with World Cup going on

However I've realised that man we are short! Referring to Indians here but I guess applies to all desis

im 5'9 (5'11 even with right shoes I guess) and in India I'm almost invariably among the top 10-15% tallest people in the room in any given setting. And I'd be hard pressed to find ANY woman who is taller than me. 

However in these countries it seems that I'm almost invariably among the shortest people in any setting. There's dudes literally towering over me in clubs and at parties. It's ridiculous 

I lived in US for 4 years and honestly there I never felt this conscious. Yes I wasn't among the tallest people there either but I'd always be around the average at worst

but in Europe its intimidating always

how do desis in these countries even deal with it. 

It depends where you are in India , My brother is close to 5-10" and when he attended college in Haryana he felt short.many of his classmates were 6 feet plus and one of his friend was 6-5" 

10 hours ago, Clarke said:

I thought u pakistanis were taller/fairer/bigger etc than Indians as per claims from your countrymen, neutralcat. Why this sudden clubbing with Indians ?

Only us Delhi and Punjab boys can stand up to Pakistanis when it comes to physical attributes while the rest of India stands at 5'5 tall and scrawny but with potbelly. 

4 hours ago, KaushikfromDelhi said:

Only us Delhi and Punjab boys can stand up to Pakistanis when it comes to physical attributes while the rest of India stands at 5'5 tall and scrawny but with potbelly. 

Pakistanis are not that tall I have been to most major cities in Pakistan and 5 '7 Is like the average height. if you are 6 foot tall you are considered tall in Pakistan.

Meh, I never came across a towering Pakistani. I don't find any significant height variation amongst Indians of different regions either.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

depends on person..i am around 6'2 190 cm i have four first cousins who are taller than me and couple of them as tall, always had 1-2 individuals taller than me in my school class growing up too, i found germans, finns normal many shorter , french short and punjabi canadians are super tall. I guess these things cant be generalized, meaning you do get short Indians but there are normal Indian people as well and 5'11 is normal.

11 hours ago, KaushikfromDelhi said:

lol Kaushik from Delhi alrite..