Its disturbing to see Muslims being targeted : Tapsee Pannu

DHONI_FANN

10 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

There should be a balance of approach. 

We should be very aggressive against the Extremist Muslims and their Extremist attitude, but at the same time very compassionate when it comes to the normal Muslims who only want to live peacefully. 

Unfortunately, the role of RSS is not of "Defence" against Muslim Extremists, but it has take the "Aggressive" role of imposing their religion upon the others. 

With this aggressive Hindutva approach, we are only going to compel the normal Muslims to land in the ranks of the extremists. 

In an ideal case, all should be united against the Extremis Muslims .... i.e. right wing Hindus,  left wing liberals, Sikhs, Christians, Moderate Muslims, all should be united against the extremist Muslims. 

Read the speeches of Mohan Bhagawat and Pranab Mukherjee. They were identical, both are talking about inclusive societies. We cannot leave out 20% of the population out. Nobody in RSS is suggesting that. Please don't include fringe from some obscure Sena/Dal. A lot of them are from Congress to disrupt the narrative. RSS is for national identity based on common culture. A lot of muslims in South East Asia are faithful to Islam, while still maintaining their love for the local culture. 

Hindutva is the response of Hinduism when pushed to a brink. Even during Aurangzeb, the fight back of Hindus/Peshwas was a brand of Hindutva. After 70 years of appeasement politics, this is how the response is coming back from. It i important to recognize the backlash before it turns into a civil war.

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

There is no specific law on Cow lynching. All lynching is illegal, so should be cow slaughter. There is nothing in Quran that they have to slaughter cow. Try eating pork in Arab countries. It is illegal to even sell it.  I know the liberal argument is do you want to become like them. When we are OK and also actively fight for minority rights like AIMPLB, TTT etc, why not respect the sentments of 80% of population who see cows sacred and not slaughter them out of respect. Muslims themselves should come forward and refuse to eat beef from cow slaughter. Instead, they are instigated to make it a religious right to slaughter cows. The sacrifice of animals as per their religious text is of camels, goats, sheep etc (desert animals). Cows are in green land where Islam never originated from. Why do they want to add more animals to their list!

They allow the Non-Muslims to farm the pigs, slaughter them and eat them and sell in the markets which are only limited to the Non-Muslims. Same is with Alcohol. Non Muslims are allowed to drink Alcohol, but in homes, just like eating porks in home. 

Nevertheless, it is a Muslim trait when they don't let other peoples drink or eat when they fast in the month of Ramadhan. 

And we know that Islam should not be a standard to be followed. 

And this argument will also not work that Muslims should eat only camels as Arabs do. There is whole Chapter in Quran with the name of al-Baqara (the Cow). 

===

You said Muslims should stop eating beef for showing respect. 

While real respect means let others live according to their beliefs and don't impose your beliefs upon the others. So, question is how much do you respect the Muslims? Are you ready to let them live according to their beliefs?

We may hate Islam, but still we had to give the basic human rights to them i.e. to let them decide for themselves and don't impose anything upon the others. 

Again, too much emphasis on religion and social media. She is some actress talking about an aspect of a film, nothing more.

She is not the raksha/vitt mantri of India making a general sweeping statement. Why do people expect so much from Bollywood ? It's a film industry, neither a top notch institute nor the standard bearer of our society.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

There is no specific law on Cow lynching. All lynching is illegal, so should be cow slaughter. There is nothing in Quran that they have to slaughter cow. Try eating pork in Arab countries. It is illegal to even sell it. 

1. Lynching illegal...then why do BJP Ministers felicitate lynchers as if they are Olympic Gold medalists? Why are gau rakshaks so bloodthirsty? Why hasn't this spate of killings awakened unequivocal condemnation from the Hindu society? In Bangladesh there were rampant killings of bloggers/Hindus/secularists and Hasina put 20,000+ Islamic fanatics behind bars...now situation is much better. Why does Indian govt find it fit to celebrate such murderous law breaking scoundrels?

2. If you want to ban cow slaughter who will take care of aged cows? Poor farmers may get a few thousands of rupees if they sell old cattle but how do you expect them to take care of useless cows? What of male cows (bulls) which have lost relevance because of mechanized farming? Is the Indian society ready to compensate the poor farmers in return for maintaining their aged cattle or should they suffer? As such farmer suicide and debt burden is a real issue, uske upar yeh sab.

3. Should leather industry and other small scale industries in India that depend on beef industry (hide, bones, horns) be banned? Who will take care of employment of potentially millions of people? Beef exporters who generate valuable forex revenue...should they also suffer? Is there any plan at place to mitigate the effect on our economy if beef ban goes ahead?

4. Bull, buffalo aren't holy (racism/casteism?) yet those who consume them too are targets of so called thekedars of Hinduism . In Kamakhya (Shakti Peeth, over 1000 years old and very important) I have seen dozens of buffalos being slaughtered at the same time by the priests. So should Kamakhya be shut down and all those people relegated from the folds of Hinduism because someone sitting in Nagpur or Gorakhpur doesn't believe in that? Or are they any lesser Hindus? No wonder that region is ripe for conversion.

5. If some Hindus find cow holy they can abstain from eating it. But why force minorities, lower castes, tribals and other Hindus who relish beef to follow their diktat..why this Talibanization of India? I am vegetarian but don't mind my friends/colleagues/cousins eating meat..why should I bother unless they force feed me the meat? If Muslims force feed Hindus beef or mix it in restaurant dishes fraudulently I will oppose them. 

6. Beef= Cow, Bull, Buffalo....many sub categories. If cow is holy why lynch buffalo eaters or in some cases people carrying meat (even mutton) without investigating what type it is? In many cases innocents may be killed and cow meat planted on them. Tomorrow I have a tiff with someone, I can kill that person and plant beef on him...how is this any different from Pakistan's blasphemy law? To me it sounds more like a tactic to bully a section of society rather than any particular love for cow.

7. Cow slaughter is banned in some states, allowed in others. Ask BJP to try banning it in Goa and NE States they rule because there majority have been consuming beef for centuries. But they won't do that because they need to win elections. Then why harass people from other states? If these gau rakshaks have the balls let them try their stunts in these BJP ruled states in North East. Will Sinha be as supportive of them there?

8. 'Nothing in Quran that they have to slaughter cow'...Quran isn't a book about food....is there any order about not eating cow in Quran? In Hindu texts (which one?) is there any concrete instruction that cow slaughter is illegal? You can give me sources and I will provide you counter from Hindu texts themselves...there is no uniform opinion in Hinduism about consumption of cow. Just letting you know there is evidence that ancient Indians consumed beef (even in Vedic period). Jainism steered us towards vegetarianism. Besides why talk only about Quran? What about Bible? What about customs followed by our tribals and animistic faiths? Why impose the views of some over the entire populace?

9. Are Arab countries our role models? Some of them stone women to death, should we follow that as well? Or cover our women in ninja costume? Besides on closer reading it seems pork/alcohol is banned only for Muslims meaning others are free to have them. Even in Pakistan it seems Hindus can consume pork/alcohol....we are even more intolerant than Pakistanis in this regard :facepalm:. Why can't we allow similar privileges to beef eating communities in India?

P.S Just checked, pork isn't banned in advanced Islamic countries, just some restrictions and non Muslims aren't targeted.

Edited by Gollum

32 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Again, too much emphasis on religion and social media. She is some actress talking about an aspect of a film, nothing more.

She is not the raksha/vitt mantri of India making a general sweeping statement. Why do people expect so much from Bollywood ? It's a film industry, neither a top notch institute nor the standard bearer of our society.

She is a celebrity followed by many. She makes sweeping statement, it comes into media, gets discussed, then some random organization does a vote on perception world wide, India will be ranked worst among all nation for minority treatment, rapes, religious fundamentalism, then that voting result is again showed on all over the world. Then the 90% chetiyas of this world who form opinion about a country or sect on the basis of media news will be more firm about their perception about our country.

No one gives a * of what is her personal opinion on anything , it is the bad name of our country for which we are concerned.

51 minutes ago, Gollum said:

1. Lynching illegal...then why do BJP Ministers felicitate lynchers as if they are Olympic Gold medalists? Why are gau rakshaks so bloodthirsty? Why hasn't this spate of killings awakened unequivocal condemnation from the Hindu society? In Bangladesh there were rampant killings of bloggers/Hindus/secularists and Hasina put 20,000+ Islamic fanatics behind bars...now situation is much better. Why does Indian govt find it fit to celebrate such murderous law breaking scoundrels?

They are out on bail and the law will take course. It's not like he was agitating for their release after convicted. There were lynchings recently over rumors of child trafficking. Does it mean that they were blood thirsty? I am not apologizing for lynchers, they should be dealt like any other law and order cases, but as  seen in Media there have been false cases of lynching as it is under the lens now. 

2. If you want to ban cow slaughter who will take care of aged cows? Poor farmers may get a few thousands of rupees if they sell old cattle but how do you expect them to take care of useless cows? What of male cows (bulls) which have lost relevance because of mechanized farming? Is the Indian society ready to compensate the poor farmers in return for maintaining their aged cattle or should they suffer? As such farmer suicide and debt burden is a real issue, uske upar yeh sab.

No cow rearing farmer will give up his cows for slaughter , they are like family members, the ones that they are served the family for years, no farmer will look to gain a few 1000s rupees for slaughtering them. You should go to a slaughter house to see how inhumanly they get killed.

3. Should leather industry and other small scale industries in India that depend on beef industry (hide, bones, horns) be banned? Who will take care of employment of potentially millions of people? Beef exporters who generate valuable forex revenue...should they also suffer? Is there any plan at place to mitigate the effect on our economy if beef ban goes ahead?

Indian beef exports is from buffalo meat more tha cow. So, there is no ban on cow meat. Leather industry gets dead cows as well, they are now using slaughtered cows as well, but it can be offset by other animal skins like goat/buffalo.

4. Bull, buffalo aren't holy (racism/casteism?) yet those who consume them too are targets of so called thekedars of Hinduism . In Kamakhya (Shakti Peeth, over 1000 years old and very important) I have seen dozens of buffalos being slaughtered at the same time by the priests. So should Kamakhya be shut down and all those people relegated from the folds of Hinduism because someone sitting in Nagpur or Gorakhpur doesn't believe in that? Or are they any lesser Hindus? No wonder that region is ripe for conversion.

Social sciences theories. Compare those who worship cows v/d buffaloes. Given a choice for me, even buffalo should be spared, but I can't ask for much.

5. If some Hindus find cow holy they can abstain from eating it. But why force minorities, lower castes, tribals and other Hindus who relish beef to follow their diktat..why this Talibanization of India? I am vegetarian but don't mind my friends/colleagues/cousins eating meat..why should I bother unless they force feed me the meat? If Muslims force feed Hindus beef or mix it in restaurant dishes fraudulently I will oppose them. 

Good for you, but many would not want their gods to be slaughtered inhumanly in front of them. When we are so vary of Islamophobia why are hindu sentiments be so expendable?

6. Beef= Cow, Bull, Buffalo....many sub categories. If cow is holy why lynch buffalo eaters or in some cases people carrying meat (even mutton) without investigating what type it is? In many cases innocents may be killed and cow meat planted on them. Tomorrow I have a tiff with someone, I can kill that person and plant beef on him...how is this any different from Pakistan's blasphemy law? To me it sounds more like a tactic to bully a section of society rather than any particular love for cow.

Lynching is a crime, no matter for cow or buffalo or rumors of child lifting. Who is defending that? If somebody plants beef and kills him, no law in India will spare him. 

7. Cow slaughter is banned in some states, allowed in others. Ask BJP to try banning it in Goa and NE States they rule because there majority have been consuming beef for centuries. But they won't do that because they need to win elections. Then why harass people from other states? If these gau rakshaks have the balls let them try their stunts in these BJP ruled states in North East. Will Sinha be as supportive of them there?

They are in coalition in Goa, Meghalaya. If they won majority , I am sure they will go for cow slaughter ban.

8. 'Nothing in Quran that they have to slaughter cow'...Quran isn't a book about food....is there any order about not eating cow in Quran? In Hindu texts (which one?) is there any concrete instruction that cow slaughter is illegal? You can give me sources and I will provide you counter from Hindu texts themselves...there is no uniform opinion in Hinduism about consumption of cow. Just letting you know there is evidence that ancient Indians consumed beef (even in Vedic period). Jainism steered us towards vegetarianism. Besides why talk only about Quran? What about Bible? What about customs followed by our tribals and animistic faiths? Why impose the views of some over the entire populace?

It's for those who are saying that cow slaughter should be allowed based in muslim religious sentiments, like the TTT or Halala or FGM!

9. Are Arab countries our role models? Some of them stone women to death, should we follow that as well? Or cover our women in ninja costume? Besides on closer reading it seems pork/alcohol is banned only for Muslims meaning others are free to have them. Even in Pakistan it seems Hindus can consume pork/alcohol....we are even more intolerant than Pakistanis in this regard :facepalm:. Why can't we allow similar privileges to beef eating communities in India?

Again pork v/s cows is not good comparison. My bad that I thought eating pork is banned in Arab countries. Again pork is not sacred to muslims unlike Hindus. It is considered filthy. There is a difference.

P.S Just checked, pork isn't banned in advanced Islamic countries, just some restrictions and non Muslims aren't targeted.

I stand corrected. 

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

They allow the Non-Muslims to farm the pigs, slaughter them and eat them and sell in the markets which are only limited to the Non-Muslims. Same is with Alcohol. Non Muslims are allowed to drink Alcohol, but in homes, just like eating porks in home. 

Nevertheless, it is a Muslim trait when they don't let other peoples drink or eat when they fast in the month of Ramadhan. 

And we know that Islam should not be a standard to be followed. 

And this argument will also not work that Muslims should eat only camels as Arabs do. There is whole Chapter in Quran with the name of al-Baqara (the Cow). 

===

You said Muslims should stop eating beef for showing respect. 

While real respect means let others live according to their beliefs and don't impose your beliefs upon the others. So, question is how much do you respect the Muslims? Are you ready to let them live according to their beliefs?

We may hate Islam, but still we had to give the basic human rights to them i.e. to let them decide for themselves and don't impose anything upon the others. 

Ok, in that case there should no personal law. We want to be vary of hurting muslim practices, but abuse hindu sentiments. Let it be fair for all. UCC should be imposed on all. 

@coffee_rules The problem is gau rakshaks are also deliberately targeting buffalo/bull owners and consumers, even ordinary people aren't spared....these guys are basically extortionists and violent criminals. As such in a civilized society such elements can't be allowed to take laws into their hands. 

From your post I understand that you are chiefly talking about cows and not other cattle. The only logical way out that can keep all parties happy will be to replace cows with buffaloes in our agriculture/dairy/meat industry and remove beef bans. Keep limited number of cows for farmers/temples/co-operatives and industries {that produce cow origin products like ghee, gobar etc} so that in their old age adoption by gaushalas is easier with better monitoring/inspection. Any city you will see 1000s of old cows roaming in the streets feeding on garbage...no way to treat a supposedly holy figure. Right now we don't have the infrastructure to house lakhs of old cows in gaushalas and that can't be a priority in a poverty stricken country..we need to limit cow population. 

It is already happening, % of buffalos is increasing manifold, during the 50s it was almost equal but now >80% buffalos in the dairy industry (can't recollect the article right now). Farmers aren't stupid, if they feel they can't profit out of old cows they will move to animals which they can discard easily once milk production stops. 

This way cow slaughter can be greatly minimized and a section of Indians will still be able to consume beef. Problem solved. But it will take a few years to phase out cows and replace with other cattle. So we will have to be patient and implement the policy.....blanket beef ban can never be a solution because too much is at stake. Meanwhile gau rakshaks need to be put out of business, can't have these crazies replace state machinery. Otherwise lynching will become a new normal in India. 

I agree with you about the sorry state of affairs in our slaughter houses. I am all for banning illegal and poorly maintained slaughterhouses and enforcing better measures to prevent cruelty of animals (from cattle to chicken to fish)...but why isn't anyone talking along those lines? Animal slaughter standards should be formulated and there should be better regulation, also those in the business must be compelled to adopt latest technology and use stunning techniques to mitigate pain and suffering. 

Edited by Gollum

In West, they have slaughter regulations, which make the slaughter pain free for the animals. 

Actually there is debate in the West that old people over 70, or very sick people should also get the right to decide to die so that they get rid of the pain. This issue should also be discussed in new thread sometime. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

There is no specific law on Cow lynching. All lynching is illegal, so should be cow slaughter. There is nothing in Quran that they have to slaughter cow. Try eating pork in Arab countries. It is illegal to even sell it.  I know the liberal argument is do you want to become like them. When we are OK and also actively fight for minority rights like AIMPLB, TTT etc, why not respect the sentments of 80% of population who see cows sacred and not slaughter them out of respect. Muslims themselves should come forward and refuse to eat beef from cow slaughter. Instead, they are instigated to make it a religious right to slaughter cows. The sacrifice of animals as per their religious text is of camels, goats, sheep etc (desert animals). Cows are in green land where Islam never originated from. Why do they want to add more animals to their list!

1. It isn't just a liberal argument....I don't want India to ape West Asian countries full stop and neither should anyone no matter the political spectrum. I honestly think we can do much better than them.  AIMPLB, TT, Nikah Halala, FGM etc should be shunned by sensible people. I hate it when Muslims (and even some crazier than usual libtards) spout these asinine arguments to preserve 7th century Arabian culture in 21st century India. When minorities get radicalized it is a dangerous but when majority gets radicalized we will be on the brink of disaster. Hindus being the majority need to show the light for others to follow. If we are going to be rigid, minority will always have the excuse of pointing fingers at us and claiming requests for status quo to preserve the idea of equality.

2. Most Muslims don't even consume beef, forget cow. I have my share of Muslim friends and can assure you that I know more Hindu (Bengalis, Mallus, Goans...) beef eaters than Muslims. Christians consume more beef than other communities IMO. Beef is also more suitable for poor people because it is the cheapest protein available and even there it is mostly buffalo (bara). So we should refrain from using beef consumption as a stick to exclusively target Muslims.  Those who consume beef tell me it isn't as good as mutton because it isn't tender. Even in Kashmir which is different from rest of India beef isn't staple and most of their famous dishes are based around mutton/lamb. I had a Muslim friend in college who was encouraged by Hindus/Christians in our group to try beef in a Goan shack, he was least interested but dosti ke chalte he had to capitulate....he had never tried beef in his whole life prior to that. That night when he told his dad, he got a scolding and he apologized to all of us...very very odd. Muslims never go out of their way to eat beef, esp cow. Those who do consume it willingly are in minority and ofc poor people will eat whichever protein is cheaper, can't fault them. Even on Bakrid day it is mostly goats with some sheep, camels and buffalos thrown in between. I stand by the right of Muslims to consume whatever they wish, but just had to make this point to throw light on present situation in India.  If I am wrong correct me @Mariyam

3. Article 48: comes under Directive Principles of State Policy and unlike Fundamental Rights these are merely guidelines and not enforceable  by any court . 

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

1. It isn't just a liberal argument....I don't want India to ape West Asian countries full stop and neither should anyone no matter the political spectrum. I honestly think we can do much better than them.  AIMPLB, TT, Nikah Halala, FGM etc should be shunned by sensible people. I hate it when Muslims (and even some crazier than usual libtards) spout these asinine arguments to preserve 7th century Arabian culture in 21st century India. When minorities get radicalized it is a dangerous but when majority gets radicalized we will be on the brink of disaster. Hindus being the majority need to show the light for others to follow. If we are going to be rigid, minority will always have the excuse of pointing fingers at us and claiming requests for status quo to preserve the idea of equality.

My point being as long as we have AIMPLB, TTT, Nikah Halala, FGM being defended by libtards/moderate muslims, we will also have the hindus demanding ban of cow slaughter similarly on religious grounds. If gau is sacred, how is it possible for hindus accept it and show the light to others and ask them to serve beef to all. It's like Mahatma Gandhi telling hindus to not retaliate during riots, chup chaap seh lena! It doesn't work like that. Only way is mutual respect, I will respect your belief, and you respect mine, that's the only way for lasting peace.

2. Most Muslims don't even consume beef, forget cow. I have my share of Muslim friends and can assure you that I know more Hindu (Bengalis, Mallus, Goans...) beef eaters than Muslims. Christians consume more beef than other communities IMO. Beef is also more suitable for poor people because it is the cheapest protein available and even there it is mostly buffalo (bara). So we should refrain from using beef consumption as a stick to exclusively target Muslims.  Those who consume beef tell me it isn't as good as mutton because it isn't tender. Even in Kashmir which is different from rest of India beef isn't staple and most of their famous dishes are based around mutton/lamb. I had a Muslim friend in college who was encouraged by Hindus/Christians in our group to try beef in a Goan shack, he was least interested but dosti ke chalte he had to capitulate....he had never tried beef in his whole life prior to that. That night when he told his dad, he got a scolding and he apologized to all of us...very very odd. Muslims never go out of their way to eat beef, esp cow. Those who do consume it willingly are in minority and ofc poor people will eat whichever protein is cheaper, can't fault them. Even on Bakrid day it is mostly goats with some sheep, camels and buffalos thrown in between. I stand by the right of Muslims to consume whatever they wish, but just had to make this point to throw light on present situation in India.  If I am wrong correct me @Mariyam

Actually, beef eating in India was not even prevalent during Moghul era. As per historians, it was the British who popularized it (for their divide and rule). 

3. Article 48: comes under Directive Principles of State Policy and unlike Fundamental Rights these are merely guidelines and not enforceable  by any court . 

So, leave it to the states. Hence there are some states which allow and some don't. Where there is no cow slaughter, beef eaters get buffalo meat. 

bollywood hypocrites. this taapsee was espousing women rights in the movie Pink. what does she do next? gets her ass smacked repeatedly in Judwaa 2, which is passed off as comedy. 

i dont blame her though. being an outsider, it is very difficult to get into nepotistic bollywood. Kangana is one of the few who has been able to establish herself despite being an outsider. 

12 hours ago, Khalpat said:

She is a celebrity followed by many. She makes sweeping statement, it comes into media, gets discussed, then some random organization does a vote on perception world wide, India will be ranked worst among all nation for minority treatment, rapes, religious fundamentalism, then that voting result is again showed on all over the world. Then the 90% chetiyas of this world who form opinion about a country or sect on the basis of media news will be more firm about their perception about our country.

No one gives a * of what is her personal opinion on anything , it is the bad name of our country for which we are concerned.

We cannot control much of the propaganda to a good extent, no one including mighty old USA is spared: USA is dragged into top 10 worst countries for women and Obama gets Nobel for not being George W Bush. This nonsense will go on forever.

What we need is economic power, which can buy a lot of positive propaganda, goodwill as well as a stronger military to counteract all types of threats.

We cannot control much of the propaganda to a good extent, no one including mighty old USA is spared: USA is dragged into top 10 worst countries for women and Obama gets Nobel for not being George W Bush. This nonsense will go on forever.

What we need is economic power, which can buy a lot of positive propaganda, goodwill as well as a stronger military to counteract all types of threats.

Exactly... No bleeding heart Libtards talk and protest about China’s awful Human Rights record or lack of transparency...

Everybody is here to preach democracies like India, knowing very well they can get away with anything...

Nobody preaches the Muslims. Even after this community being involved in majority of issues all over the World, these Libtards have successfully projected as victims... They are not victims. Victims are those communities which have to unfortunately deal with them...

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

.these guys are basically extortionists and violent criminals.

This.

Most of these vigilante gau rakshaks are people with violent aggressive minds . They just need an excuse for their pent up criminal tendencies to find a way out.

If not cows..they will find other reasons and avenues to get violent. The only way out is to stop calling it cow vigilantism and call it straight as mob killings a to treat them like that . 

Cows raksha has also become a source of earning ' donations' from people and to occupy govt land in the name of  gau raksha shelters.

Edited by beetle

I am unable to post a thread/discussion at the moment, so posting it here. How do people here feel about the emotions described by Admiral Ramdas, Chief of Naval Staff (Retired). 

Main points:

• Nuclear weapons are no more than status symbol.
  • Chest thumping is dangerous. 
  • There is a prevalent belief in India and Pakistan, but especially in India, that if we brandish the big stick, the other party will back down; this has NEVER happened in the past. 
  • If USSR and USA talked at the height of cold war and averted many crises, why shouldn't India and Pakistan? In fact India should be the one to ask Pakistan for a dialogue. 
  • Please leave your comments here but also directly under the video to enable to wider community to engage and hear from each other. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgP_0v841AI&t=1067s