Does India need a foreign coach?

Lala

Does India need a foreign coach?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does India need a foreign coach?

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

The advantage of an Indian coach would be that they would know local upcoming talent better than a foreign coach. This would keep the current players on their toes due to increased competition.

Would be nice to have especially someone who has coached them at U19 level. If they won a WC under him, that would be great. If he was a renowned player in his time with a strong focus on fundamentals and good overseas record, that would be terrific. I would love to see such a coach for team India. 

(Jammy Sir, are you reading this :rose:)

Dravid refused the senior coaching job and is happy with the U-19 coaching which is fine.

Just now, Switchblade said:

Why are they stopping the fans to meet them?

I'll tell you what happened with me. It was breakfast time and the Indian team started coming to at the hotel restaurant. There was one of the Indian team's manager who was constantly looking at me and later when I was waiting for the elevator to come, he came to me and said that you can't take pictures of any players and I was like WTF I wasn't even trying to take any pictures or even meet the players

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

@Lala Bhai foreign coach corrupt system me kya jadu karega?Uske lie board selection committee fans aur players sabko committed rehna hoga behtar banne k lie. Sadly our board players were happy with one major victories like WC or CT kabhi Australia ya Windies ki tarah dominate karne ka nahi socha ya overseas me ja k jite ye soch nahi rahi ab priority home series aur paisa hai.

Sahi hai. That is main problem in subcontinent. Paisa rules subcontinent. :cantstop:

10 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

what can a coach do if  veterans like Vijay ,Rahane & talents like Rahul keeps on failing???????? A lot was expected of Vijay & Rahul but they failed.

There are anecdotes of how hard John Wright pushed the team during training and players have acknowledged his contributions in their growth. Heck, even Anjali Tendulkar apparently thanked him once for his role in SRT's performance.

Edited by Clarke
7 minutes ago, Clarke said:

There are anecdotes of how hard John Wright pushed the team during training and players have acknowledged his contributions in their growth. Heck, even Anjali Tendulkar apparently thanked him once for his role in SRT's performance.

He also grabbed Viru by his collar when he got out to a casual shot and came back with his casual attitude to the dressing room.

6 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Yes we definitely need one

1) Foreign coach will solely concentrate on India winning

2) They will not become friends with some of senior players .

3) They will not induldge in politics as BCCI consists ex players.Some ex players may hold grudge against each other because of their playing era.

We need a captain who acknowledges the coach as well not disregard them 

What India needs is the BEST  coach , that maybe foreign or not but the #1 team with the wealthiest board SHOULD have the best and backed up by the Best Assistant coach, Batting coach , Bowling coach and Fielding coach for all three formats .

The Captain should be working with the Head Coach and NOT the coach  and his team working with the Captain .

The whole Team Management group should be disciplined, forward thinking, innovative, brave  and winners .