Pak President confers Nishan-e-Pakistan on Saudi crown prince MBS [UPDATE: now one to Malaysian PM]

Gollum

34 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He was born there and was very close to Pakistan his whole life. I have read old articles about him supporting Pak cricket team in the film sets, even against India. Did a lot of charity work for Pak, raised funds for Imran Khan's hospital. Was vocal in his support to IA during the China war but in 1965 and 1971 stayed out. He even refused to return the Nishan-E-Pakistan award after pressure was mounted on him during the Kargil conflict. 

And I don't think he is the greatest actor in India, not even top 10 perhaps. 

I consider him a great actor in the sense, he basically introduced method acting to the sub continent. His acting was more realistic, as well as natural compared to others. He influenced many acting generations to come. Even Kamal Hassan, amitabh have all initiated dilip Kumar in one way or another. 

Now im not supporting dilip kumars actions or whatever he did in the past. I can't really comment on that as I don't have much information on that. But I do regard , Dilip Kumar, the actor highly. Similarly to Kamal as well. I tend to differentiate professional life and personal life. 

45 minutes ago, maniac said:

Are you basing this of the lines parroted by most "secular and liberal" film media or are you totally blown away by Yunus Khan's performances in comparison to all the other actors from various Indian film industry who are not even in the same league?

He may not exactly be a bloodthirsty dictator but I put him there in a more subdued "ass-hole" category

Already answered in my other post. I regard him highly as an actor. Not gonna comment on his personal incidents.

Pak named the Lahore stadium after Gaddafi just because he called Pakistan a 'citadel of Islam' whilst on a tour to Lahore. Funnily the Libyan was a big supporter of India, especially because of the NAM links. He even backed India's claim for a permanent seat in UNSC, tell that to the Markhors :cantstop:

Libya backs India for UNSC seat

New Delhi: India's demand for a seat in an expanded UN Security Council received strong backing from Libyan leader Muammer Al Gaddafi when Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee called on him at his desert camp near the coastal town of Sirte.

"Col. Gaddafi reiterated that India has a right to have a permanent seat on the UN Security Council," a statement issued here by the external affairs ministry said.

According to Gaddafi, "the sky is the limit for cooperation between the two countries," it added.

During the hour-long meeting Sunday, Mukherjee handed over a letter from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inviting Gaddafi to visit India. 

"The Libyan leader said that he looked forward to visiting India," the statement said.

Mukherjee is on his first visit here since becoming foreign minister in 2006. It is also the highest-level visit in 23 years since then prime minister Indira Gandhi visited in Libya in April 1984.

Mukherjee and Gaddafi held wide-ranging discussions "in a very warm and cordial atmosphere", the statement said. 

"Traditional friendship between the two countries, India's support for Libya's position and principled opposition to sanctions were recalled. 

"Bilateral cooperation, particularly cooperation in the oil and petroleum sectors, as well as human resource development were discussed.

"While discussing regional issues, Mukherjee briefed the Libyan leader on developments in the South Asia Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), the India-Pakistan composite dialogue process, and India-China relations, as well as the trilateral India-Russia-China dialogue. 

"India's relations with Africa and greater cooperation in this regard were also discussed. Col. Gaddafi said that he would himself work towards further strengthening India-Africa partnership," the statement said.

On international issues, the discussions focused on the need for reforming the UN, including the UN Security Council structure. It was in this context that Gaddafi backed India candidature for a permanent Security Council seat.

During Mukherjee's visit, India and Libya have also signed several agreements, including one on promoting investments, and another on ramping up their cultural ties.

Mukherjee is currently on a four-nation tour that has already taken him to Cyprus. From Libya, he travels to Germany and Belgium before returning home. 

LINK

@I6MTW What I said was my personal opinion, not disputing yours. These things are very subjective and we may have missed out on the careers of many other Indian artistes. You may not know much about Bengali cinema just like I know very little about Mollywood...but doesn't mean I disrespect Malayali cinema. Calling someone absolute best is difficult in this line of work. 

And yeah Kamal Hasan was a great actor, saying 'was' because IMO he has declined a lot, kinda like ARR. Some of his movies in 80s, 90s and early 2000s featured brilliant performances. Loved 'Sadma' and 'Appu Raja' in particular. Chachi 420, Nayakan, Hey Ram, Anbe Sivam, Pushpaka Vimana, Indian, Kuruthipunal....what a field of work !!!! Hope he gives up his stupid political ambitions for which he has no talent and goes back to acting. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Xi already won in 2015 when he gave them alms. Now if Trump can spare them his pocket money next year he too will get one. 

On an unrelated note I always keep reading his name as 11(eleven) like the kid from stranger things

Edited by maniac

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@I6MTW What I said was my personal opinion, not disputing yours. These things are very subjective and we may have missed out on the careers of many other Indian artistes. You may not know much about Bengali cinema just like I know very little about Mollywood...but doesn't mean I disrespect Malayali cinema. Calling someone absolute best is difficult in this line of work. 

And yeah Kamal Hasan was a great actor, saying 'was' because IMO he has declined a lot, kinda like ARR. Some of his movies in 80s, 90s and early 2000s featured brilliant performances. Loved 'Sadma' and 'Appu Raja' in particular. Chachi 420, Nayakan, Hey Ram, Anbe Sivam, Pushpaka Vimana, Indian, Kuruthipunal....what a field of work !!!! Hope he gives up his stupid political ambitions for which he has no talent and goes back to acting. 

Yea, Kamal has declined. alot, particularly in this century. But yeah, his works, along with Mohanlal, Dilip, ANR, and some others etc are at the top of Indian cinema.

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

On an unrelated note I always keep reading his name as 11(eleven) like the kid from stranger things

You aren't alone :p:, this was a famous incident when Xi toured India immediately post 2014 GE. 

Doordarshan anchor loses job for reading Xi as Eleven

"It's true, we have sacked the concerned newsreader. We are putting systems in place to make sure such things don't happen in future," Prasar Bharti chief Jawahar Sircar said.

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

I was laughed at on this forum when I called PK a movie with an ulterior motive to guilt trip Hindus and Indians. A chewt poster called Raghav even got me banned for that IIRC. I wish we get to the bottom of who actually financed that movie and how it was lauded by critics. 

Chalo, even if Anushka falls in love with a Muslim, it should have been an Indian Muslim guy, which is completely okay. Why a Pakistani? I smell underworld money here clearly.

10 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Chalo, even if Anushka falls in love with a Muslim, it should have been an Indian Muslim guy, which is completely okay. Why a Pakistani? I smell underworld money here clearly.

These khans has taken over Industry from 90's....

and now All they have become producers.

More propganda movies will be made....

They will try to make muslim next big superstar.  

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

You aren't alone :p:, this was a famous incident when Xi toured India immediately post 2014 GE. 

"It's true, we have sacked the concerned newsreader. We are putting systems in place to make sure such things don't happen in future," Prasar Bharti chief Jawahar Sircar said.

this was stupid of DD to be honest. Xi is shee but would have known apart from people who read international papers. 

Edited by gattaca

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

It was stupid of DD to give such harsh punishment for such a trivial thing. Yes make sure it doesn't happen again by preparing better anchors for such events in future.

22 hours ago, maniac said:

Previous award winners include great humanitarians like Fidel Castro,Abdullah Gul(President of Turkey) and Dilip Kumar.

I thought they gave one to Gadaffi as well but he got the honor of getting a cricket stadium named after him. Well fate worked out in a strange way. The rebels played T20 with him before putting him out of his misery, 

What great humanitarian works has dilip Kumar done? Just curious.

8 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

:hysterical:This is what description of Nishan-e-Pakistan on wikipedia says.

The Nishan-e-Pakistan, unlike other honours, is a highly restricted and most prestigious award and is only conferred for the merit and distinguished services to the country, international community, and foreign relations.

:hysterical: