Dhoni wants to be PM eventually.

sandeep

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Strong suspicion on my part - pure speculation, no evidence.  But I get that feeling. 

And guess what, he's got as good a chance as any, 15 years down the road.  

might be sooner too. with canny planning, cricketers who are already celebs have a big head start in terms of being known to public.

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

might be sooner too. with canny planning, cricketers who are already celebs have a big head start in terms of being known to public.

Does anyone have any insight into his politics?   His love of bikes, guns and military is basically a boyish fascination.  Having the desire to commit meaningful time to army service is credit-worthy.  But has he ever been poltically active or involved, even if just verbally?

I'm not a fan of 'personality' politics, its the road to perdition IMHO.  But don't want to pre-judge the guy.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Does anyone have any insight into his politics?   His love of bikes, guns and military is basically a boyish fascination.  Having the desire to commit meaningful time to army service is credit-worthy.  But has he ever been poltically active or involved, even if just verbally? 

I'm not a fan of 'personality' politics, its the road to perdition IMHO.  But don't want to pre-judge the guy.  

I don't know anything about his views/insights. I don't think he has aired them much (or perhaps even at all).

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

Dhoni will never ever  join politics. This is just someone’s fantasy. Dhoni is a reserved media shy individual. When was his last free wheeling interview ? He is hardly outspoken or opinionated. He will never make it to politics 

I guess we'll find out in 2040.

16 hours ago, diga said:

What will csk supporters do if Dhoni joins BJP ? :phehe:

Its unlikely he will go any other route.  If you want to lead India, you need a national political party to back you.  Its between BJP and Congress.  Less said about the latter, the better.

14 hours ago, Ranvir said:

A country needs educated leaders.

Here in the UK pretty much every Prime Minister has studied at either Oxford or Cambridge.

I agree that the UK PMs generally have impeccable credentials. Churchill, for instance, won a Nobel prize in literature, wrote extensively on history, etc. however, every now and then, it has not stopped some of them from being utter morons though.

trump studied at wharton (in U. Penn), which is usually ranked either at 1, 2 or 3 for business school in the USA. what the country needs are smart and thoughtful leaders, which is not exactly the same as demanding educated leaders.