Hyderabad: Onion price touches Rs 150 per kg

Singh bling

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

does this have anything to do with the the drought in 3 states? 

Unseasonal rain destroyed some crop but still these prices are not justified. Exports were not stopped earlier, and late decision to import. Plus as usual the storage capacity of government to deal with this situation is completely missing.

4 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Because its highest in Hyderabad. In other states you are still lucky to get it around 100

So 50% extra price or a difference of Rs 50 per kg doesn’t is not to be looked upon? 

My point is, not defending the onion price rise, but why places like Mumbai Delhi are getting Onions cheaper

10 hours ago, mishra said:

So 50% extra price or a difference of Rs 50 per kg doesn’t is not to be looked upon? 

My point is, not defending the onion price rise, but why places like Mumbai Delhi are getting Onions cheaper

In Mumbai at least in my area it's ₹100 -120 range... badly timed rains have ruined so much kharip crops in Maharashtra... onion is worst hit...even yesterday it rained in Mumbai lol...never thought I will see rain in December (in Mumbai)

3 minutes ago, Pratik77 said:

In Mumbai at least in my area it's ₹100 -120 range... badly timed rains have ruined so much kharip crops in Maharashtra... onion is worst hit...even yesterday it rained in Mumbai lol...never thought I will see rain in December (in Mumbai)

It rained in Mumbai yesterday?

:dontknow:

49 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I lean towards BJP because I have no hope for Congress and their gandhian stooges. But BJP has shot themselves in the foot with their economic policies. Onions used to be 40-50 rs per kilo just last year :no:

Onions used to be 15-20 rs per kg at this time of the year.  Excessive monsoon proved detrimental to crops and supply.

2 hours ago, Pratik77 said:

It is cyclone season. There have been two storms in Arabian sea simultaneously.  Usually Arabian sea is less active than Bay of Bengal but this year, it has been more active. 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

It has to do with excess rain this monsoon in Maharashtra. Most of the onion comes from there. Also hoarding, prices are increased artificially. 

BJP came to power on this issue price.rise. What has they done to deal with this situation. Are they just hoping that every year there is going to bumper crop so prices won't rise. Where are storages to deal with this type of situation?