Need to give assurance to the players: Suresh Raina Takes a Dig at Virat Kohli and TM

“For any newcomer, it is important to get a lot of opportunities. I was lucky to play under Rahul Dravid when I came in. He gave me a lot of opportunities. Then I played under MS Dhoni, who understood my game. When Rohit (Sharma) and Virat (Kohli) get out, there is so much pressure on the middle-order. You face different situations all the time when you are playing in those slots. I used to believe in myself. The skipper too has an important role to play,” Suresh Raina told The Times of India.

“The support of the captain and team management will definitely solve this middle-order drama. You can’t expect (Shreyas) Iyer and (Rishabh) Pant to score big runs in every game. You have to give them the assurance that they will not be dropped,” said Suresh Raina.

Link -https://sportzwiki.com/cricket/suresh-raina-takes-a-dig-at-virat-kohli

Any good score by a MO bat should get additional weight-age compared to a top orders soft runs . Juts cos Virat finds it easy to score anywhere now , he should not expect the same from youngsters . 

Middle order bats more often come in 2 situations , both not easy and even if you do well it will not show in stats .

1. Top order has already played out 40+ overs on a flat wicket , expected to strike at 150+ SR from word go.

2. Top order is out early on a difficult pitch, expected to continue scoring at good rate and not lose their wicket .

I also think that pitches getting even more flatter means the case of top order playing out most of the overs have become more common , which means MO goes without match practice for quite a few matches and is suddenly exposed to a difficult situation where they tend to get exposed . TM cant do much about these things , but what they can do is keep the confidence high till these guys get that 1-2 scores which can make them belive in themselves . Instead we are doing our best to put doubts in their head ..seriously , telling a young wicket keeper that he is not a natural can destroy a player completely .