I pledge

FischerTal

-Not to buy Chinese products no matter how cheap they are.

- petition my local and federal politicians to make incentives for the manufacturing of essential goods in my home country and not be at the mercy of CCP

-petition my local and federal politicians to not allow Huawei to enter my country’s telecom sector.

let’s see how many people will walk the talk. Add more to the list and let’s make this a constitution. 

Edited by FischerTal

Just now, MechEng said:

Arrey let India become a strong manufacturing nation first. Yeh pledge sirf flimon mein chalta hai...

Bhai it’s now or never. It’s quite clear that US is on decline while CCP is on the rise. The next 30-40 years will see them gain complete power. Is this the type of world you want to live in?

Just now, FischerTal said:

Bhai it’s now or never. It’s quite clear that US is on decline while CCP is on the rise. The next 30-40 years will see them gain complete power. Is this the type of world you want to live in?

True but we will have to gradually become a manufacturing powerhouse first, all your electronics are made in China only. US is on a decline looking at the way they are responding to this crisis but we have a lot of time left to come neck to neck with China.

Bro we cant even export a washing machine brand or a mobile phone brand sellable in the whole world and you want to petition this?

Theoretically i agree with everything you said... but the more we let this country get dragged down in reservation politics ( and as well as unchecked internal traitors who always wish the country bad) we will never have the right people in place to enable us to become a manufacturing and R&D powerhouse we need to become first to get to the point of 'boycotting China'.

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Meanwhile I type this using my MI phone:smh

It’s true. We are all hypocrites when it comes to this simply because nobody wants to put in the time and effort to make this a reality, but think about it. Is this the future you want to live in? Past 15 days have been extremely frustrating for me and I’m pretty sure I am not the only one. I’m not saying this is easy but think about like this. The Chinese were basically dirt poor economy 30-40 years ago., even more backwards than India. Whatever they have achieved has only been in last 3-4 decades. Is it inconceivable to expect a world where these clowns have reduced power to affect our lives?

Edited by FischerTal

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

True but we will have to gradually become a manufacturing powerhouse first, all your electronics are made in China only. US is on a decline looking at the way they are responding to this crisis but we have a lot of time left to come neck to neck with China.

It’s not about fighting with China through trade wars but each nation should have the right to be self-sustainable especially in crises like this. There is palpable anger in people back home. My uncle is an electronics contractual supplier. His business has gone into the ground in last month. It was already down due to GST chewtiya pa. This is a double blow. You can’t even mention China in front of him, he starts giving maa-behen gaalis

Edited by FischerTal

7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Bro we cant even export a washing machine brand or a mobile phone brand sellable in the whole world and you want to petition this?

Theoretically i agree with everything you said... but the more we let this country get dragged down in reservation politics ( and as well as unchecked internal traitors who always wish the country bad) we will never have the right people in place to enable us to become a manufacturing and R&D powerhouse we need to become first to get to the point of 'boycotting China'.

It’s not about becoming a manufacturing powerhouse but being able to manufacture for your own people. Right now, India, like all countries are dependent on China for Essential medical goods. 

did you know China is worlds leading supplier of antibiotics? If these crazy *ers decide tomorrow that they want to make people fall in line, they will just stop supply of APIs to the rest of the world. Looking at the way they are behaving now, I’m convinced that this isn’t some fantasy, but a future reality.

17 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

It’s not about becoming a manufacturing powerhouse but being able to manufacture for your own people. Right now, India, like all countries are dependent on China for Essential medical goods. 

did you know China is worlds leading supplier of antibiotics? If these crazy *ers decide tomorrow that they want to make people fall in line, they will just stop supply of APIs to the rest of the world. Looking at the way they are behaving now, I’m convinced that this isn’t some fantasy, but a future reality.

Well becoming a manufacturing powerhouse also involves being able to make almost anything for your own people. Im pretty sure China doesnt import a huge amount of items for local consumption.

The UK is suffering from this too.. apart from the tertiary Financial services industry they make absolutely nothing of value. Everything is imported from China.. they cant even have a homegrown company that would handle the critical 5g network and instead they are ready to sell it off to China, even nuclear plants are being sold to French and Chinese.. its a joke!

Tbh, most people in west and middle class people in East have enough stuff. I only realised it since COVID outbreak.

Apart from food and energy, I have enough stocked to last for next 10 years.

Few things , if I need, I think I can afford, NOT made in China

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

-Not to buy Chinese products no matter how cheap they are.

- petition my local and federal politicians to make incentives for the manufacturing of essential goods in my home country and not be at the mercy of CCP

-petition my local and federal politicians to not allow Huawei to enter my country’s telecom sector.

let’s see how many people will walk the talk. Add more to the list and let’s make this a constitution. 

lol how. Apple it self manufactures in china. Pick any toy all are manufactured in china. There should be a transition period but countries should be less dependent on china. 

50 minutes ago, gattaca said:

lol how. Apple it self manufactures in china. Pick any toy all are manufactured in china. There should be a transition period but countries should be less dependent on china. 

Toys and phones don’t fall under essential goods. Medicines and surgical equipments do.

29 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

loll good luck with that

Boycotts rarely work, especially with a manufacturing giant like China.

The funny thing is this braveheart is using many Chinese compenents to make this thread

Eh, I never said I’m some braveheart for making this thread. It’s common sense. If this isn’t a wake up call for countries across the world to be self-suffficient, then just accept your fate and start painting yourself red with yellow tattooed stars all over your body. 

Edited by FischerTal

I recall having to fill forms on vaccination and provide some info for my US visa. Does this need to be strictly applied for all international travel, basically very recent tests required before boarding a flight ? Seems excessive, but so does an international lockdown.

The world does need to demand more from China. An iPhone factory shouldn't require nets on its windows to prevent employees from jumping to commit suicide. 

13 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Eh, I never said I’m some braveheart for making this thread. It’s common sense. If this isn’t a wake up call for countries across the world to be self-suffficient, then just accept your fate and start painting yourself red with yellow tattooed stars all over your body. 

Do you believe countries don't wish to be self-sufficient?

It's not how it works. It will always come down to cost and you're going to struggle to beat the chinese on cost, they've already started setting up manufacturing in countries outside of China where they can get cheaper labour.

Let's hear your plan on how countries will take back manufacturing from China? In a world where you have massive wealth inequality there is no chance more than 0.1% of the people will pay extra to avoid sending money to China.

2 hours ago, Sachinism said:

Do you believe countries don't wish to be self-sufficient?

It's not how it works. It will always come down to cost and you're going to struggle to beat the chinese on cost, they've already started setting up manufacturing in countries outside of China where they can get cheaper labour.

Let's hear your plan on how countries will take back manufacturing from China? In a world where you have massive wealth inequality there is no chance more than 0.1% of the people will pay extra to avoid sending money to China.

Also, it's difficult to match the raw natural resources China has.