Who names their kid knowing that the name is that of a tyrant?

coffee_rules

1 hour ago, maniac said:

10 million Indian deaths? Now please don't count naxal movement etc.

so karuna being a tool justifies this?

sure both parties are equally thick just that Karuna gets the bronze and saif Ali gets the gold...I am sure there will be someone else in between in the silver category

If Stalin can (will) become chief minister of a state such as TN with a highly educated populace, I think Taimur will do fine.

Edited by punjabi_khota

12 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

who gives a crap? its his child, he can name it Tyrannosaurus Rex if he wants. here in america, we have celebrities naming their kids north west and Pilot Inspektor. 

right. May be kareena believes in invasion. She tried hard through her acting. now this. her child.

did India exist when taimur came here. may be he cam thinking this was america

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

Just now, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

right. May be kareena believes in invading India. She tried hard through her acting. now this. her child

most of bwood are not even 12th pass. i hardly believe they would deliberately choose a name to offend people,. more likely, its ignorance. 

8 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

right. May be kareena believes in invasion. She tried hard through her acting. now this. her child.

did India exist when taimur came here. may be he cam thinking this was america

The term 'India' has existed before Timur's time (1350s AD) in English. In Greek, the term 'Indae' existed since 800 BC, time of Homer.

For Persians, the term 'Hind' has existed since 500s BC, where we see evidence on Naqsh-e-Rustam by Darius the Great. 

For Arabs, the term 'Hind' existed since atleast 700 AD, probably even before.

9 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

most of bwood are not even 12th pass. i hardly believe they would deliberately choose a name to offend people,. more likely, its ignorance. 

Saif or in fact nobody from Pataudi clan is just a 12th pass. In fact, it's quite the opposite, Kareena's latest interview gives the ""historical name for the baby"" part away:

Edited by Ironhide

12 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

possible and a nice thing. why study about invasions. Even if the child turns out to be 50% of whom his name is being linked to, we can use his prowess to destroy pakistan. 

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The term 'India' has existed before Timur's time (1350s AD) in English. In Greek, the term 'Indae' existed since 800 BC, time of Homer.

For Persians, the term 'Hind' has existed since 500s BC, where we see evidence on Naqsh-e-Rustam by Darius the Great. 

For Arabs, the term 'Hind' existed since atleast 700 AD, probably even before.

nice. I meant the country India

A lot of friendly padosis come to party, with the same argument about Ashoka, Alexander, "No India before Brits" etc. These people who say it's the parents' prerogative to name their child, will be the first ones to complain about Adolf, Hitler, Stalin, Osama, etc.  I think Liberals and Jihadis always find common ground to counter moderates, people who are in the middle, right-wingers,  (liberals call these people chaddis). 

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

I think because we believe that if we name a kid adolf, he will become one.

No, friendly neighbor. It means I name him what the establishment thinks it is bad, just because  I believe in that ideology (Adolfism) and I don't care what the kid goes through in his life. That's what it means.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

good attempts at deflection.

Not lets focus on the name

Taimur.

Why would historian Saif name his son born in India, on a genocider, maniac like Timur who killed millions of Indians ?  what does he find so special about the name. Is it elitist mulsim machismo ? that tendency is going get quashed like a little fly in current India, again and again, crualy at time like what is happening in this case. A small baby new born is such a precious gift, hope they dont read news papers.

Its their choice what they name their child, but you can not stop others from deducing and coming to conclusions based on their choice of the name, that the world we live in unfortunately.

There wasn't any attempt at deflection. 

I like it how Saif Ali Khan is a historian now, because his wife said so. My husband says I am the most beautiful woman in the world btw.

I do not know what you mean by elitist Muslim machismo? Care to elucidate? What is so elitist about Taimur the conqueror?? :confused:  In probability he was some village hick who only knew how to ride a horse well and kill. And kill indiscriminately he did.

I do not have any intention to stop anyone from coming to any kind of conclusion. But if the conclusion is based on the assumption that Saifeena named their because of Taimur the Conqueror, I can call out people for making a connect that thus far exists only in their minds. 

Edited by Mariyam