Did Nair drop the Test and the series?

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

he dove to his left stretched not his natural side. watner slashed hard, so ball came fast. how was it easy?

Not a sitter, but at this level you expect such catches to be taken. When you are the third slip, you should be expecting those.

20 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

he dove to his left stretched not his natural side. watner slashed hard, so ball came fast. how was it easy?

LOL check the replay. Warner didn't slash, he pushed gently. Karun Nair was slow like a grandma to react and didn't move well. He should have gone with both hands considering how slow it was coming, check his body shape and stuck leg. Disgraceful by him. 

What was worst about the entire fiasco was the entire team laughing and smiling about it as if they had all won lotteries. 

I don't know why a player smiling after a drop is seen as a problem. Anyone who has read any decent book on handling pressure would tell you that it is better to move on and not be weighted down by mistakes which will only negatively impact your performance in the game

In fact, if i were the captain/coach/whatever, i would encourage the player to get over the mistake, not to worry about it and focus on the next ball. There would be more opportunities 

27 minutes ago, zen said:

I don't know why a player smiling after a drop is seen as a problem. Anyone who has read any decent book on handling pressure would tell you that it is better to move on and not be weighted down by mistakes which will only negatively impact your performance in the game

In fact, if i were the captain/coach/whatever, i would encourage the player to get over the mistake, not to worry about it and focus on the next ball. There would be more opportunities 

Cricket is a team game and bowler of whom the catch was put down won't like it .In case of individual situation it's diff.Also I think in case of Nair it's basically his mannerisms.

13 minutes ago, CG said:

Cricket is a team game and bowler of whom the catch was put down won't like it .In case of individual situation it's diff.Also I think in case of Nair it's basically his mannerisms.

I know that. But anyone who has read any decent book on handling pressure would tell that it is better to release the pressure and move on. If a smile helps to release pressure so be it and should be encouraged 

Imo that wasnt a pressure release smile. People tend to smile when they are nervous. I heard a basketball player in a documentary saying that when they see a player smiling they know that they are tight and feeling pressure. I think thats what that was. The kid is struggling to score while fighting for a place in the squad, do you guys really think he is smiling becuse he sees the funny part of dropping a catch in the series decider? 

Talking about pressure, Ind society has the habit of putting ppl under pressure. Take kids for example. The parents put them under so much pressure - you need to be a doctor, you need to get good marks, if you fail, what will ppl say, etc. I understand it is to improve the life of kids but this only puts pressure on them 

No one can climb a mountain easily with a 50 kg bag on the back vs without the bag

It is true with bosses in companies as well who think keeping ppl under pressure will make them perform better. Studies on pressure would suggest that taking the pressure off will make ppl perform better

40 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Time to drop Nair and replace him with Shreyas Iyer next series. Other than "flash in the pan" 300 he hasn't done anything in any of quite a number of innings he has played.

This guy has the highest average in the current playing XI. All thanks to that ! (ONE) innings. 

2 hours ago, zen said:

Talking about pressure, Ind society has the habit of putting ppl under pressure. Take kids for example. The parents put them under so much pressure - you need to be a doctor, you need to get good marks, if you fail, what will ppl say, etc. I understand it is to improve the life of kids but this only puts pressure on them 

No one can climb a mountain easily with a 50 kg bag on the back vs without the bag

It is true with bosses in companies as well who think keeping ppl under pressure will make them perform better. Studies on pressure would suggest that taking the pressure off will make ppl perform better

Nothing beats Chinese parent in that aspect.