Rahane's player performance thread

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Dhoni should know Rahane's value in the team. I lost count on how many occasions he had saved Dhoni's arse from getting whitewashed in that last overseas tour. I feel he should play a season or two in domestics and get back his confidence. He is getting paid like 15 crores per Test match, so shouldn't be too bothered about missing out some worthless LOIs. 

All i got from ur post is 

I have to blame Dhoni no matter what, even the dog interppution would have been due to dhoni.....

Rahane should play a season or 2 of domestic- " coz i dnt watch cricket n i didnt see how many rahane has scored in test before these 3 innings. I have no idea cricket is about humans not robot. "

Cmmn its a sport and its been just 3 innings, many big player have gone big rough phases. Murali vijay has a very poor avg this yr before this series, There were many who went crazy when kohli played for few innings after his 200 in Wi. U dnt question a player who avgs 50 above and has scored runs in every condition after 3 innings. 

Rahane last 3 series avg- 

Ind-Sa- 53

Ind-Wi-121.50

Ind- NZ- 69.40

All it takes u is 3 innings to decide that he has lost confidence and needs a season or two of domestic to get his confidence back...:phehe::phehe::phehe:

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

The selectors need to be shot, Rahane is a useless ODI player and this has messed up his technique and confidence.

Dipping your bat outside off stump was he trying to give the slips catching practice? It wasnt the fact that he got out again for a poor score but rather the manner in which he did.

Anderson bowled a wide delivery outside off that kept moving away at the end of the day and Rahane the fool went chasing at it to only poke at it. I could maybe understand if he went to hit it properly but poking at a wide ball is inexcusable. He has lost form and confidence.

He should be deeply embarrassed by that dismissal as should Rahul with his.

Rahane is an odd player indeed... prior to this series, he was averaging around 51.5 (the rare category of >50) and yet, he always seems uncomfortable and uncertain during the first 1-2 Tests. I feel that he's not someone who's fast at adjusting between different pitches, formats, etc. Hence, by the time he finds the groove, it usually ends up being close to the last Test of the series - the SA one is an example.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Was our best bat in the SA series on raging turners.Did well againist NZ.And then thry put him in the ODIs where he looked so incompatible and that has affected his confidence.

Not sure what has led to this. Could just be a temporary loss in form due to non performance in odis or could be that he has developed a technical weakness against spinners.

Would  be interesting to check his mode of dismissals since last year. Whether majority are against spin since last year including the NZ series.

5 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Not sure what has led to this. Could just be a temporary loss in form due to non performance in odis or could be that he has developed a technical weakness against spinners.

Would  be interesting to check his mode of dismissals since last year. Whether majority are against spin since last year including the NZ series.

He may have more dismissals againist spinners due to the nature of the pitches.

Should promote Rahane to open the batting .

He is clearly struggling to get a start against spinners .Asking him to open the batting against new ball will help his stroke play .We are struggling for openers anyway .Could solve quite a few problems .

Also pls drop from from ODI squad ffs .That struggle has clearly dented his confidence and only harms India in both tests and ODIs .

Just a bad series so far. He has dominated Indian spinners in Ranji for years, so it is not that he has any weekness against spin bowling all of a sudden. Just a poor run where his shot selection for certain deliveries wasn't the best. I am not too worried. 

Sometimes you can not do too much and can learn only after a particular series' end. Rahane might get some time off after this 5 game series is done, to reflect on his shot selection to certain deliveries and he will fix them.

Our no.5 is the best no. 5 in the world. Won't trade anyone for this guy. He literally earned his test cap after scoring tons and tons of runs in Ranji and since getting his test cap, he has brilliant. Patience guys

7 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Should promote Rahane to open the batting .

He is clearly struggling to get a start against spinners .Asking him to open the batting against new ball will help his stroke play .We are struggling for openers anyway .Could solve quite a few problems .

Also pls drop from from ODI squad ffs .That struggle has clearly dented his confidence and only harms India in both tests and ODIs .

That may be a good idea.