Defeating Australia in a test match played on a fast, bouncy track -- We are ready to win multiple test series outside Asia now

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

Another pusillanimous puking of faux elite snobbery.  There's plenty to be bullish about.  Umesh's maturation as a test match bowler.  Jadeja's massive strides as a batsman, KL Rahul's internalization of putting a price on his wicket and learning to value consistency over commanding batting, Bhuvi's return to fitness and full-on swinging form coupled with increased pace.  The list is quite long.  

It requires high level of delusion with India's track record abroad to become bullish about India's perfomance based on win against sub par Australian side. Umesh is the only positive from the list you mentioned. Jadeja and KL Rahul's perfomance has to be mentioned with "in their home conditions". Have watched Indian cricket for too long to take flash in pan home performances as coming of age of a player. 

I hope they succeed. But this team is as of only ranked no 1, it is not no. 1 team. 

Whatever the results turn out to be we will not be worse than what we did under Dhoni, because there's still some questions over our pace attack, we should've used our home season to test out new players but we ended up using the same useless bowlers in Ishant and B Kumar. 

59 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

It requires high level of delusion with India's track record abroad to become bullish about India's perfomance based on win against sub par Australian side. Umesh is the only positive from the list you mentioned. Jadeja and KL Rahul's perfomance has to be mentioned with "in their home conditions". Have watched Indian cricket for too long to take flash in pan home performances as coming of age of a player. 

I hope they succeed. But this team is as of only ranked no 1, it is not no. 1 team. 

Rahul can perform on any pitch and any conditions. In fact I would say talentwise he is better than kohli. Rest is all hard work and mindset.

Rahul can perform on any pitch and any conditions. In fact I would say talentwise he is better than kohli. Rest is all hard work and mindset.

Rahul has long way to go.His off stump game will be tested when the ball swings or seams abroad.Also he is too sideon to ball at his ribs and had to develop his leg glance.

No it's your memory .Last tours to England,Australia,Sa,Nz India showed improvement .India vs Australia was quite close and it was Lyon who was the diff along with Smith still India would easily have drawn the series with some luck.In england we threw away the advantage to Moen also of all.Same in NZ we dropped sitter of Brendon and allowed NZ to win.Now with improved bowling lineup and experience which batsman have gained from previous tours it's natural to expect we both better.

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You are wrong. Bowling short isn't a length anywhere, not even in India. Even in India, you Will have to bowl that good length area. Why our bowlers failed overseas is because they would start Bowling short seeing the bounce and pace and not because they were used to Bowling short in India. They would get carried away overseas.

You are absolutely wrong!!! 

Bowlers didnt start jumping after seeing pace and bounce. If they did, how many bouncers were they bowling? Did you see a visible increase in pace due to the fact they got excited and started bending their backs? NO WAY! 

They never bowled full in India because the dead pitches would negate the pace and the bounce and the batsmen used to take them to the cleaners! Hence they would bowl short in domestic matches. And that gave them a habit of bowling short. They couldnt adjust length while travelling abroad because bowling short was how they practised. If you practise jogging every morning, theres no way you will win a gold medal for 100 mtrs sprint in Olympics. 

This isnt the case anymore. Pitches are better, fast bowlers are encouraged and also they know they got to bowl full abroad!

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

You are absolutely wrong!!! 

Bowlers didnt start jumping after seeing pace and bounce. If they did, how many bouncers were they bowling? Did you see a visible increase in pace due to the fact they got excited and started bending their backs? NO WAY! 

They never bowled full in India because the dead pitches would negate the pace and the bounce and the batsmen used to take them to the cleaners! Hence they would bowl short in domestic matches. And that gave them a habit of bowling short. They couldnt adjust length while travelling abroad because bowling short was how they practised. If you practise jogging every morning, theres no way you will win a gold medal for 100 mtrs sprint in Olympics. 

This isnt the case anymore. Pitches are better, fast bowlers are encouraged and also they know they got to bowl full abroad!

Let me show you the length our pacers have been bowling in home tests. Short lenght never brings you wickets anywhere. Itg has to be good length always everywhere and good length is good length everywhere. I am not talking about bowling full. Bowling full  means half volley and half volley will be taken to cleaners at most places. Check the length here and there a big heap at 6-8 meter length and that is length you bowl everywhere in the world and you will do well in tests.

Untitled15.png

now check this. This is from Lords test first innings 2014. Check the lengtg of Indian seamers here. It is the same length, 6-8 meter mark.

Untitled16.png

Now check England bowlers length in the same game Indian first innings. They also bowled the same length, 6-8 meter mark predominantly. SO, as I said where ever you bowl, 6-8 meter mark is the length to bowl and trouble batsmen.

Untitled17.png

Regarding Indian bowlers getting carried away and start bowling overseas doesnt mean they will suddenly start bowling quick. No, they will start bowling bowl short irrespective of the pace and Australian batsmen always loved short bowling on Aussie pitches.

Edited by rkt.india
14 hours ago, sandeep said:

Another pusillanimous puking of faux elite snobbery.  There's plenty to be bullish about.  Umesh's maturation as a test match bowler.  Jadeja's massive strides as a batsman, KL Rahul's internalization of putting a price on his wicket and learning to value consistency over commanding batting, Bhuvi's return to fitness and full-on swinging form coupled with increased pace.  The list is quite long.  

More than anything.. India proved that it can win even without Kohli's contribution...

With kuldeep coming in.. over dependency on ashein will be reduced...

But the same cannot be said about Aussies.. they stutter without Smith's contribution...

Lyon n okeef will never be effective anywhere else as they were in this series.. but their pace team is superb...

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Let me show you the length our pacers have been bowling in home tests. Short lenght never brings you wickets anywhere. Itg has to be good length always everywhere and good length is good length everywhere. I am not talking about bowling full. Bowling full  means half volley and half volley will be taken to cleaners at most places. Check the length here and there a big heap at 6-8 meter length and that is length you bowl everywhere in the world and you will do well in tests.

Untitled15.png

now check this. This is from Lords test first innings 2014. Check the lengtg of Indian seamers here. It is the same length, 6-8 meter mark.

Untitled16.png

Now check England bowlers length in the same game Indian first innings. They also bowled the same length, 6-8 meter mark predominantly. SO, as I said where ever you bowl, 6-8 meter mark is the length to bowl and trouble batsmen.

Untitled17.png

Regarding Indian bowlers getting carried away and start bowling overseas doesnt mean they will suddenly start bowling quick. No, they will start bowling bowl short irrespective of the pace and Australian batsmen always loved short bowling on Aussie pitches.

I was not talking about bowling actual short lengths.

While bowling in India, you need to be closer to the 8 M mark while on bouncier pitches, you need to be closer to the 6 M mark on an average.

Coaches tell us to always target the top off off stump for our stock delivery and to do that, that slight adjustment in length is required.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Untitled15.png

Untitled16.png

Untitled17.png

Can you show me similar stats from 90's?

20 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You are wrong. Bowling short isn't a length anywhere, not even in India. Even in India, you Will have to bowl that good length area. Why our bowlers failed overseas is because they would start Bowling short seeing the bounce and pace and not because they were used to Bowling short in India. They would get carried away overseas.

And most of our quicks were much slower than their counterparts (i.e., Jadeja probably bowls quicker than Prasad).

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Should i get an Aussie reporter to ask ya if you even know how to spell it. Stop your gibberish and rest of your post doesn't even make any sense

Dude when you troll you should at least get basic grammar right. Proper trolling is this

This thread will be biggest fail in ICF history... I can see it :om:

First START beating RSA in RSA :phehe:

There you go. That's trolling. 

Just now, Viper said:

Stop trolling or should get your fellow mod to put you in your place like last time..:hysterical:

Go ahead get that mod to put me in my place again. It's apparent you tried to troll but can't get the basics right. Heck you're grammar wasn't even wrong. It's apparent you wanted to write start instead of stop.