No more Yuvi, Dhoni, Rahane in the T20 Team

Laaloo

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

You just can't keep including every young kid over there...interesting to know who your top 15 uncapped squad would be

I am actually totally against adding all the young kids at the same time contrary to what is being discussed here. India will lose matches if we play all of them together  in the same game like we did on Zim tours, we always manage to lose few games that way, and it even dents their confidence as few of them get dropped from the team.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am actually totally against adding all the young kids at the same time contrary to what is being discussed here. India will lose matches if we play all of them together  in the same game like we did on Zim tours, we always manage to lose few games that way, and it even dents their confidence as few of them get dropped fromt he team.

Well we're just adding a few new players. Kohli is there. Pandya has played for the last year or so. Pant played in the last t20 series. Rahul will be there. So just Rana/K Pandya/ Iyer/ Pant would be new I guess.

but that's what happens when selectors dont gradually give chances to young players. you end up debuting all newbies at the same time.

Edited by laaloo

10 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Well we're just adding a few new players. Kohli is there. Pandya has played for the last year or so. Pant played in the last t20 series. Rahul will be there. So just Rana/K Pandya/ Iyer/ Pant would be new I guess.

but that's what happens when selectors dont gradually give chances to young players. you end up debuting all newbies at the same time.

Need to draft them and give guys like Nitish Rana in 50 overs as even though they are looking good in t20s, it shows clearly the way he plays, that he can be a brilliant 50 over batsman actually, even better than t20.

This is how you give chances to youngsters instead of waiting for t20 series which happens once in a blue moon and then not all players can be tried at once. Better to start rotating or trying them one by one in 50 overs.

Start with Hooda before Krunal Pandya and co. 

5 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

No more Dhoni Yuvi Rahane Dhawan Ashwin in T20...

I would have said Ash too but recently I saw a stat during the WI Pak T20 series where Ashwin had one of the best economy rates in the format I believe better than Badree and Narine.

yes wicket taking is a problem...so if Chahal and Kuldeep can compensate for that then great but Jadeja has to go from T20s.

30 minutes ago, chewy said:

Rahane and Yuvi shouldn't be in ODIs too. 

Yuvi is still ok in ODIs, but nomore Rahane in ODIs too. As we saw in the England odi series, India lost too many wkts upfront. So needs some experience to consolidate. Young players r great to see off 20 overs, but to carry an innings for 50 overs, we need some experience.

2 hours ago, laaloo said:

You have the likes of Iyer, Rana, Pant, Krunal Pandya. Rahane is awful in T20s. Yuvi is inconsistent. Dhoni well even though he was the '2nd' best batsman in recent times, his numbers are deceiving. Some ICFers will tell you he provided a good support in the  Asia cup. Yeah 48 runs in 4 innings and most runs were scored after Kohli had already pretty much won the match.

These 2 guys can make it into the ODI team as well in the near future. Rana and Krunal still need 1 more season in domestic cricket I believe 

6 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Yuvi is still ok in ODIs, but nomore Rahane in ODIs too. As we saw in the England odi series, India lost too many wkts upfront. So needs some experience to consolidate. Young players r great to see off 20 overs, but to carry an innings for 50 overs, we need some experience.

I would be careful with Yuvi's performance in India V Eng ODI series, these were matches of average scores of 300 plus he was bound to get one good score on these absolute flat tracks.

No disrespect to him, but nowadays he is not athletic enough (slow, doesn't push for quick singles and twos) and always struggles to settle and eats up balls. Over last two years in T20s his SR is poor. 

2 minutes ago, chewy said:

I would be careful with Yuvi's performance in India V Eng ODI series, these were matches of average scores of 300 plus he was bound to get one good score on these absolute flat tracks.

No disrespect to him, but nowadays he is not athletic enough (slow, doesn't push for quick singles and twos) and always struggles to settle and eats up balls. Over last two years in T20s his SR is poor. 

That's why I said no more Yuvi in T20Is.. but he should play in ODIs where he can afford to play some dot balls at the start. We need batsmen in the middle order who has the experience to carry a innings for 50 overs, play 90-100 balls, no matter if he scores at a strike rate of 85-90.

Need to learn from England as they have revamped their team over a relatively short time. Eng selectors were known for being conservative and going for "safe" picks buy that mindset has changed. Now younger players are picked and given a run in the team despite not always having great domestic records.

In contrast the Ind selectors appear to picking names from a team sheet circa 2008. A generation of younger and hungrier players are being ignored and not being allowed an opportunity to test themselves.

Its going to be depressing to see the same old group of players, most likely fail again at another international tournament. There's no reason to maintain the status quo given this lack of success.

Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina, Nehra, Harbhajan, still have lost of fan following.When this players are on the pitch,the commentators becomes huge fanboys.They starts praising them once they arrive on the pitch.But this commentators don't have any idea about youngsters. Most of the times, they don't know their names also.

I don't think this selection committee is going to blood youngsters in the team soon.

BD,SOA and Aus.announced their respective team for Ct 2017, MS certain to go with Indian team unless BCCI pull out India from CT because cricket pundit in India says,'' IPL failure ' should not count as far as MS concerns because CT will be 50/50.

Well Nitish should go for sure, especially NOW, when ROHIT loose his confidence in other than test cricket.Dhawan is well tune,Kohli okayed.Rahul/Ash still nagging issue.Bhuvi will be key if he fits well for 60 ball's spell.I think we not need Yuvi, saha,ishant.

Jadhav and DK,manish iyer.we need 2 out of 4 because CT = 15 member team.