BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

There are many replacements for Dhoni, who will do lot better than Dhoni at present. What good will experience do if you have totally lost the ability to hit or score runs?

India didn't worry about introducing a 16 yrs old Sachin in Pakistan, or an 18 yrs old Yuvi in Champions trophy itself in Kenya. And see the result, 18 yrs old Yuvi takes on an unbeatable Australia with no experience playing in Nairobi, and wins the match single handedly, took India to final. If indian selectors had thought your way that inexperienced players can't be sent to big tournaments, we would never have had this Yuvi.

Pant has shown some excellent keeping skills in this IPL, took great catches. And anyday keeping on indian pitches us tougher than in England.

If DeKock, Zampa etc can debut within 20, why can't India follow the same path?

If this was a ODI tour to England, I would have been pissed if Pant is not picked for the squad. Even if he is picked, I don't think Kohli will pick him in playing XI when he is picking Rahane for the squad.

2 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Gambhir and Raina would have been lot better than Yuvi and Rahane. Check Raina's performance in last England series. Very disappointing selection

Gambo is finished internationally. He has been recalled a lot of times since 2012 and he has always squandered his chances eventhough he has performed in IPL. Need to move on from him.

Raina hasnt even played any domestic ODIs and only played in IPL and we lnow how he has performed in ODIs for like last 2-3 years.

As expected safe team by selectors and I personally agree with them. I would like to see players like Pant and Kuldeep easily integrate into the side rather than straight away introduce them to the international scene in such a big tournament. If the pitches are flat like they are normally for ODI's we should easily get to the semi final

Disappointing selection. Picking Rahane is a blunder. Hope he doesnt get to play a single game. Ashwin and Jadeja with no variation will be hit out of the park. Ashwin can do nothing better than bowling a negative line. If Aussies can look past senior spinners and include Zampa, why can't we? Dhawan will be a walking wicket. Yuvi will have a painful stay in the crease for 25-30 deliveries, will neither get out easily nor will score runs. Same will be seen with Dhoni. Dhoni noway gives me the confidence that he can chase anything in ODIs with required runrate above 7. We will see reqd rate of 7 soon jumping up to 12-13 within few overs.

I guess selectors in 80s and 90s were bold enough to pick Azhar, Sidhu, Kumble, Sachin, Kambli, Bhajji, Yuvi within 20. It's time India should stop looking at past. India under dhoni's captaincy was actually lot better to dare to look past Sehwag, Gambhir, Bhajji, Zaheer. Now Dhoni, Yuvi, Ashwin(in ODIs) need the same treatment as Sehwag, Gambhir and Bhajji got.

5 minutes ago, zaqw222222 said:

As expected safe team by selectors and I personally agree with them. I would like to see players like Pant and Kuldeep easily integrate into the side rather than straight away introduce them to the international scene in such a big tournament. If the pitches are flat like they are normally for ODI's we should easily get to the semi final

Pitches in England for ODIs are more or less flat only. If Yuvi could be introduced into international scene in a big tournament at an age of 18, why can't Pant be?

23 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Gambo is finished internationally. He has been recalled a lot of times since 2012 and he has always squandered his chances eventhough he has performed in IPL. Need to move on from him.

Raina hasnt even played any domestic ODIs and only played in IPL and we lnow how he has performed in ODIs for like last 2-3 years.

Got a 29 and 50 in only test he played against NZ. Failed in one test against England and he was dropped. Do you call that enough chances for him?

31 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Only reason for not having Pant is that he wont be played and he will just be on bench.

Also, whatever i saw in IPL and last domestics, he isnt even played as an opener by his own teams so dont know he will be picked up as an opener in Champ trophy.

Just wait for sometime this kid is gonna have a long career and will play a lot but champs trophy he was never going to be selected.

I just think that for this tourney team is okay but yes going forward India needs to move away from Dhawan, Rahane, Yuvi and in sometime from MSD.

Not in sometimes, MSD need to go immediately. He is the most undeserving of the lot. I can still expect dhawan to give good start in few games, I can still expect Yuvi to take on the bowlers in some games, but I don't see MSD capable of hitting or scoring quickly and win matches for India. Mark my words, he will lose more matches for india, than any other player. A chasable score of 7 runs per over will soon turn to impossible 12-13 runs per over when Dhoni bats.

Just now, Unleashed said:

Rahane is nothing more than a backup. I agree he didn't deserve to be selected but people should calm down. 

He doesn't even deserve to be backup, I knew he was bad but I just checked his stats, he's way beyond bad, his all time T20 strike rate after 157 matches is 118, this guy can't play fast, he's just not capable of it, this selection makes no sense whatsoever, it defies all logic

1 minute ago, Unleashed said:

Rahane is nothing more than a backup. I agree he didn't deserve to be selected but people should calm down. 

What it does is if dhawan looks out of form they will still persist with him considering rahane is the back up. Deep down dhawan too would be relieved since rahane can never keep him on his toes.