Bumrah needs to be tried in Test matches

On 6/24/2017 at 6:34 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

He will be a HIT  in  test crickets also. I have no doubt about it. Watch  Ranji SF   game.

In recent years ENG , SA did not provide out & out seam pitches but Bouncy pitches with bit of movement .

He will be very handy in such pitches too.

Breakdown is the worry . 

If that happens we would lost a gem in ODI team

I am so so so  happy today what i  foresaw a year ago. 

Hope my gut feeling about Mavi & Gill also becomes true. 

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

As Akram said ... Bumrah's body is used to this action from his younger days.

TBH, i do not see any problem with his action.  Yes, he is not the most biomechanically correct action but then it goes for most fast bowlers.  Look at Stokes he has such a bad bio-mechanical action and you never know when his back would break.

10 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

That action though. I still don't know if he will last for a long time. But for now he's getting the job done.

If you were old enough, you'd have seen bowlers like Colin Croft - genuinely fast, with very steep bounce (typical of 70s/80s WI giants) and someone who bowled off the wrong foot ! Lasted till he was 30 or so. If you can bowl off the wrong foot and not break-down into your 30s, Bumrah's action is fine. 

On the other hand, you have great actions like Brett Schultz or Shane Bond and they are more fragile than a china doll....
Actions are funny thing - yes, standard good 'high arm action, good jump, pivot, bending the back to almost touch the ground post-release' ( Ala Schultz, Bond, Donald, Holding, Lee, etc) are better for MOST people....but not everyone is built the same way/has the same hip/shoulder/buttocks etc. shape, musculature, etc. 

Bumrah has so far done well and usually if a bowler's bowling style is going to be injurious to them, they usually have a major breakdown or injury-riddled time by their mid 20s. Bumrah so far has not, indicating his action is fine for his body.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

TBH, i do not see any problem with his action.  Yes, he is not the most biomechanically correct action but then it goes for most fast bowlers.  Look at Stokes he has such a bad bio-mechanical action and you never know when his back would break.

Yeah stokes has a very bad action too. In fact, it's worse than bumrah's 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

If you were old enough, you'd have seen bowlers like Colin Croft - genuinely fast, with very steep bounce (typical of 70s/80s WI giants) and someone who bowled off the wrong foot ! Lasted till he was 30 or so. If you can bowl off the wrong foot and not break-down into your 30s, Bumrah's action is fine. 

On the other hand, you have great actions like Brett Schultz or Shane Bond and they are more fragile than a china doll....
Actions are funny thing - yes, standard good 'high arm action, good jump, pivot, bending the back to almost touch the ground post-release' ( Ala Schultz, Bond, Donald, Holding, Lee, etc) are better for MOST people....but not everyone is built the same way/has the same hip/shoulder/buttocks etc. shape, musculature, etc. 

Bumrah has so far done well and usually if a bowler's bowling style is going to be injurious to them, they usually have a major breakdown or injury-riddled time by their mid 20s. Bumrah so far has not, indicating his action is fine for his body.

Bond actually had a very bad action which actually led to all those stress fractures. Relied too much on counter rotation to extract pace. Was not biomechanically efficient at all. Donald and Holding had superb actions which allowed them to bowl at pace for a long time. 

12 hours ago, express bowling said:

Waiting for another Bumrah blitzkrieg in the upcoming test series.

49 wickets in only 10 tests so far at an average of 21.9

Bowling with genuine pace, bounce and accuracy and moving the ball both ways.

And has already become the leader of our pace attack in just 1 year.

You dont rate Ishant as our leader with 90 tests to his name.