Dhoniconda suffocating India now

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Pant is definitely not ready to take that responsibility apart from the fact that hes a genuine opener . I think hes going to fail @4 , even if he plays a good knock it will not be a big score and will be forgotten and will be a chucked from the team after being given a few matches .

Jai octopus baba 

26 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Virat hasnt played a genuinely match winning knock chasing in past 2 years .

Baba kitne saalon se hybernation pe ho 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I think Virat will be fine , he just needs good support . 

Am banking  on Pant , Rahul and Sarfaraz (not sure where he is now ) .

Rahul gets injured every other day.. That's a big problem. Sarfraz prob ll get a chance if he keeps playing well in IPL also he plays for RCB i have more faith in sarfraz than pant 

28 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

On the contrary he should relax and stop batting like everything depends on him , may then we will know how good the Likes of Jadhav are . Dhoni has always played like this , even Virat does exactly the same they do not take risks till a point they have to . I will not be surprised Virat becomes even more circumspect than he is now if he does not get the support from middle order . As for Dhoni , even though his approach hasnt changed he does not have the same ability he had few years back , so its time he changes his approach .

There's a daylight difference between Kohli and Dhoni's approach. Whenever Kohli is at the crease, you can see the other batsman becoming more positive and confident with his shot selections. But with Dhoni around, there's always some kind of pressure on you to up the runrate to make up for his slow rate. That's why you rarely see Indian lower order bail us out of trouble. 

Dhoni comes at the crease with 142 runs required from 37 overs - he tuk tuks

Dhoni against a part timer Nurse - He tuk tuks :facepalm:

After rahane gets out, Dhoni was 26 (56b). Well settled in. Instead of him taking even a small risk, Jadhav has to hit. Dhoni tuk tuks.

Pandya comes at the crease - 74 runs required from 14 overs. Dhoni tuk tuks so pandya has to hit out and ended up losing his wicket.

Pandya gets out with 31 runs required from 30 balls. Jadeja at the crease and dhoni tuk tuks.

Jadeja gets out 16 runs required from 12 balls. This guy is giving strike to kuldeep yadav and then instead of taking a single off the last ball, he finally tries to go for it and ends up losing his wicket.

But yeah he was providing an anchor role. Even a freaking news anchor would manage to hit more than 2 boundaries if he/she bats that long.

17 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

you can call it top or middle order , but 4 is extremely important batting position when you chase . Pant is definitely not ready to take that responsibility apart from the fact that hes a genuine opener . I think hes going to fail @4 , even if he plays a good knock it will not be a big score and will be forgotten and will be a chucked from the team after being given a few matches .

First they wanted Dhoni out of captaincy when Virat took over they were happy and now crying like babies again that he is this he that... If that slogger pant gets out cheaply they want someone else LOL wo kise ka nahi hai bro don't waste your time 

Edited by Rasgulla
15 minutes ago, Praggy said:

Not saying only dropping dhoni will resolve all the issues but getting pant to open, grooming iyer/pandey for 4 and 5 and getting another genuine all rounder at 7 after pandey will do wonders.

Pant

Dhawan

Kohli

Iyer

Pandey

Pandya

AR

Kuldeep

Shami

Umesh/Bhuvi

Bumrah

Edit: Looks like I forgot about Rahul. You can try to groom him for 4/5 as well.

Iyer :giggle: what has he done 

Pant can't even play moving ball kya karega uper lol rather take maggi boy atleast he has exp

Dhawan ironic you wanted him out before CT

AR - Ambati rayudu was taken to please your bff manaic didn't  you

10 minutes ago, Praggy said:

Jadeja gets out 16 runs required from 12 balls. This guy is giving strike to kuldeep yadav and then instead of taking a single off the last ball, he finally tries to go for it and ends up losing his wicket.

But yeah he was providing an anchor role. Even a freaking news anchor would manage to hit more than 2 boundaries if he/she bats that long.

Told you before get your facts right to support your agenda no point making fake crap as usual 

17 of 16 needed when jaddu got out 

If he took single last ball you would have cried about how he wants last over glory LOL  so you ll cry about it no matter what so stop acting like you really care 

17 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

what is the meaning of Dhoniconda?

Dhoniconda was a word coined here on ICF for Dhoni's strategy in the past when he was captain of suffocating opposition scoring by bowling spinners quickly in the middle overs. Now, the same Dhoniconda suffocates any scoring opportunities and lets any game die prematurely with his lackadaisical attitude and supreme overconfidence of taking games to final overs that he can no longer finish.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Every 2-3 months after a innings like this we hear Dhoni is practicing some new technique to get back his old hitting.The fact is Dhoni never had any technique to begin with...what he had is great mental strength/temperament and great hand-eye coordination. 

Just like every player who relies relies solely on hand eye coordination his time is up...it has happened to even Viv Richards so what is Dhoni.

now coming to mental strength...Dhoni was fearless when he started...his 100s at the beginning of his career showed he was not playing for his place but just pure fearless

cticket which made me a fan of his(yes hard to believe I know)...now he is just a phattu trying to live up to his reputation...harsh but true

Thats one aspect which hasnt changed , it was his self belief which made him the player he was but now may be he needs to re assess that . Dhoni matured into arguably the best finisher ever cos he put a price on his wicket and chose not to play for the gallery, had he continued being "fearless" he would not won as many matches as he did for us . its Under him we turned from being the worst chasers to a team which could chase any total and you will see how badly we are going to suck chasing in the next few years unless miraculously we find some great talents or Virat keeps winning matches for you every time . 

3 hours ago, Praggy said:

And that is why you open with pant and dhawan, groom pandey/iyer for 4 and 5 respectively. This was the perfect series to do that against a windies d side.

Completely agree on that . 

Am not a big fan of Iyer , Pandey is a bit of a downgrade as well but hes still clutch , so fine . Whos fault is it anyway ? 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Again how are you so sure that a new guy will fail without even trying him while suggesting to continue with a player who has been mediocre to poor? If Yuvi is the only option available for no4 than sorry to say Indian cricket is in the dumps

Again why are you hell bent on making a finisher out of an opener whos yet to make his debute ? Oh wait , dont have to answer that .

Completely agree on that . 

Am not a big fan of Iyer , Pandey is a bit of a downgrade as well but hes still clutch , so fine . Whos fault is it anyway ? 

Iyer has done enough recently that he deserves chances or maybe I am  mixing up the formats. Anyways I forgot Rahul earlier, so you can slot him at 4.

Thats one aspect which hasnt changed , it was his self belief which made him the player he was but now may be he needs to re assess that . Dhoni matured into arguably the best finisher ever cos he put a price on his wicket and chose not to play for the gallery, had he continued being "fearless" he would not won as many matches as he did for us . its Under him we turned from being the worst chasers to a team which could chase any total and you will see how badly we are going to suck chasing in the next few years unless miraculously we find some great talents or Virat keeps winning matches for you every time . 

Good points... Self-belief is still there that's why he is getting it till the end overs.. if he has no self believe matches would never get to end overs either its a hit or a flop in middle overs itself for him.. Just needs to work around it obviously we won't see the guy we saw when he first came but he evolved his game which is good to see.. Those days are different 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Jai octopus baba 

Baba kitne saalon se hybernation pe ho 

you dont need a crystall ball to tell that a genuine opener has a better chance of succeeding as an opener than lower down the order . I dont want Pant to fail , i think he plays a lot of high risk shots and a lot of shots in the air which is another reason he should do better if he starts off in power plays rather than the filed spread out . Thirdly , lack of opportunites , when I say he may not et big scores what I mean is he will not get may overs to play so st best 60s & 70s and if thats between few failures these knocks will be forgotten . 

As for Virat , hes still our best bat by a fair distance its not even a debate , but we have sucked chasing in last 2 years infact we have muffed up quite a few sub-280 targets lately , so clearly Virat hasnt been at his best either ?