Is Modi worst PM of India to serve more than 2 years?

Trichromatic

On 1/12/2020 at 7:58 PM, someone said:

Ah, the classic India didnt exist pre-2014 and only began from 2014, and all problems likewise only started from 2014 and thus lets just blame Modi for everything in the country...

So earlier 2014, India was a perfect country, a golden goose, with no communal or separatists movement...

Did I say everything was peachy before Modi? This is classic moral equivalence from right wing Modi Bhakts. Since everything was broken before Modi, how dare you question everything still broken now?

Ineffective Congress and high-level corruption is what brought Modi. Did he not ride the wave of a strong economic message? How has he done so far? Did you read the article? Can you tell me in terms the of solid economic indicators how the Indian economy is better from few years back. Not the usual verbal diarrhea I hear from Modi Bhaktis (like he is trying, illegal immigrants are draining resources, etc.) but a fact based feedback.

The government instead is pushing these socio-political agendas to stoke tensions in order to hide its economic failure. My friend who is a financial advisor and a Trump-Modi Bhakt himself forwarded me the article. Bloomberg is not your typical left wing progressive news outlet.

On 1/14/2020 at 3:56 AM, Audiophile said:

Did I say everything was peachy before Modi? This is classic moral equivalence from right wing Modi Bhakts. Since everything was broken before Modi, how dare you question everything still broken now?

Ineffective Congress and high-level corruption is what brought Modi. Did he not ride the wave of a strong economic message? How has he done so far? Did you read the article? Can you tell me in terms the of solid economic indicators how the Indian economy is better from few years back. Not the usual verbal diarrhea I hear from Modi Bhaktis (like he is trying, illegal immigrants are draining resources, etc.) but a fact based feedback.

The government instead is pushing these socio-political agendas to stoke tensions in order to hide its economic failure. My friend who is a financial advisor and a Trump-Modi Bhakt himself forwarded me the article. Bloomberg is not your typical left wing progressive news outlet.

The problem with Indian society and politics is that instead on focusing on important issues like economic development and infrastructure investment, parties are embroiled in societal and moral issues like vote bank caste/religion based politics, where every political decision faces a backlash from some community is not happy. The fact that staggered state election scheduling is also not helping because state governments are always in election mode ( with vote bank politics) as opposed to important economic issues.

BJP has come in with a mandate with a strong economic message yes, but they have also come in with mandate to sort out social issues like Article 370, triple talak, Ayodhya Mandir judgment, UCC,  because its things like these that are getting in the way of economic growth. As much as that is important, social issues are too because if we dont have a cohesive and integrated society you can never dream of a China/US like economic growth,

The problem with Indian society and politics is that instead on focusing on important issues like economic development and infrastructure investment, parties are embroiled in societal and moral issues like vote bank caste/religion based politics, where every political decision faces a backlash from some community is not happy. The fact that staggered state election scheduling is also not helping because state governments are always in election mode ( with vote bank politics) as opposed to important economic issues.

BJP has come in with a mandate with a strong economic message yes, but they have also come in with mandate to sort out social issues like Article 370, triple talak, Ayodhya Mandir judgment, UCC,  because its things like these that are getting in the way of economic growth. As much as that is important, social issues are too because if we dont have a cohesive and integrated society you can never dream of a China/US like economic growth,
+1 yeh gdp upar neeeche hote rahega,par nations character is important..

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

On 1/15/2020 at 8:50 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

Isn't it the case everywhere in the world. Trump is doing exactly that right now. 

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You tell

Became better than what he was in 2014-19.

But BJP should consider replacement by 2021. Won't happen though.

Yogi Adityanath could be a potential candidate, but I doubt he can have mass apeal like Modi. Is there anyway to keep Yogi as PM and Modi as election face of BJP?

Certainly not the worst. India's stature has gone up and not down in his term. Not known for any corruption in his term. Overall, I will put him below PVNR and above ABVP who had to deal with coalition politics. Why should BJP look for an alternative when they won back to back on his popularity. Do you think they see Amit Shah or Rajnath Singh when they vote for a BJP candidate overwhelmingly in remote area of Uttara Kannada district.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 7/3/2017 at 6:50 PM, Trichromatic said:

Nehru

Lal Bahadur Shastri

Indira

Rajeev

PVNR

Vajpayee

Manmohan

and then we have Narendra Modi.

If we have to compare first 2-3 years of all PMs, he doesn't appear to be better than others.

Nehru , Rajeev  are the worst ever in Indian history. 

Edited by raki05

Thank god that Modi is at the helm in times like this.. It is always heartening to know that someone at top office would look at country's interest first and then all else.. He might play dirty politics at the time but then again all for the country. 

I would say he is one of top 3.. Shri Atal ji was the best for me.. but he wouldnt have survived in recent times.. 

A leader is defined by how he/she handles tough situations. Modi has been proactive and clear communication to public. Be it this current situation, Covid or Pakistan issues.

We no longer have this “all is well” and are prepared to react to tough circumstances. Earlier governments thought, just ignoring a problem meant the problem didnt exist. Big reason for our LOC issues and weak foundation...

In fact Modi has been totally unclear in this crisis.  

His government has fudged 

1. The incident when it happened

2. The extent to which it happened

3. The aftermath (as of now), ie the IA prisoners

And how long will we blame the past for current conditions?  

Face up- this has been a disaster with China and the government has been shown to be as good or bad as any other and certainly not one with a 56 inch chest.  That has been shown to be, to use a bad pun, chest thumping.  

17 minutes ago, someone said:

A leader is defined by how he/she handles tough situations. Modi has been proactive and clear communication to public. Be it this current situation, Covid or Pakistan issues.

We no longer have this “all is well” and are prepared to react to tough circumstances. Earlier governments thought, just ignoring a problem meant the problem didnt exist. Big reason for our LOC issues and weak foundation...

Manmohan singh famous dialouge every time after a terror attack " hamari shanti ko hamari kamjori na samjha jaye"

16 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

In fact Modi has been totally unclear in this crisis.  

His government has fudged 

1. The incident when it happened

2. The extent to which it happened

3. The aftermath (as of now), ie the IA prisoners

And how long will we blame the past for current conditions?  

Face up- this has been a disaster with China and the government has been shown to be as good or bad as any other and certainly not one with a 56 inch chest.  That has been shown to be, to use a bad pun, chest thumping.  

There is only Indian side which is giving out information and that too from multiple sources. Thus, some are likely to be fraud, and untrue. Whereas, the other side has only one single source, and are very ambiguous in details. So the narrative will never be in Indian favor.

And unlike the past, Indian side for the first time prepared to fight there, instead of praying that "all is well" and being silent like previous governments

7 minutes ago, someone said:

There is only Indian side which is giving out information and that too from multiple sources. Thus, some are likely to be fraud, and untrue. Whereas, the other side has only one single source, and are very ambiguous in details. So the narrative will never be in Indian favor.

And unlike the past, Indian side for the first time prepared to fight there, instead of praying that "all is well" and being silent like previous governments

Exactly may be this is first time we are fighting back as you never know how much land kangressi has already surrendered to Chinese and porks.

Edited by raki05

17 minutes ago, someone said:

Previous Indian governments have fought there in the past.  Disastrously as in 1962.  But in 1967 if you look up Nathu La / Cho La it was another story altogether.  It's a false narrative that other governments have been meek.  20-40 km patrols into Pakistan were a regular feature by IA in the 80s and 90s.

I don't agree with the premise of this thread that Modi is the worst PM, but his hype far exceeds reality and his approach / totalitarian style is something that I find repugnant.