Islam/Muslims discussion thread

Haarkarjeetgaye

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

as in you dont liken a state to your mom or you dont bow down to anyone other than Allah including your mom. what is it can you give a bit more information. Its an interesting angle.

I think its not the equating the country to a mother that is the issue.

Some perceive that Bharat Mata is a Godess and bowing/praying to any God other than Allah is blasphemous.

Personally, I bow down to my mom. She ensures that I do. Even when she is wrong.

Edited by Mariyam

6 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I think its not the equating the country to a mother that is the issue.

Some perceive that Bharat Mata is a Godess and bowing/praying to any God other than Allah is blasphemous.

Personally, I bow down to my mom. She ensures that I do. Even when she is wrong.

I don't think that perception is correct. There is no religious undertone to patriotism. Motherland is the equivalent of proclaiming "Bharat Mata"!

If it was a saying like 'Maa Bhavani', the creator - Adishakti - then I would say their perception is correct, it is about hinduism. We call Mother Earth - Bhudevi as the wife of Vishnu , But, I don't think there is any god/goddess equivalent to 'Bharat Mata'.

This is coming straight from our freedom struggle - Muslims/seculars shouted 'Inquillab Zindabad' , Hindus did 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai!"

The point being , is it a case of muslims not accepting to equate your country to 'Motherland' .period.?

They can proclaim 'dil qurbaan' for their 'pyare watan', but not 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai!" ..Strange, I wonder why,

Is ' 'Maa Tujhe Salaam' accepted by muslims in general as saluting your country? Or is just a Bollywood sentiment?

I think we need to interview you (open a separate thread?)

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/624451/suchitra-krishnamoorthy-faces-flak-sp.html

On Sunday morning, Suchitra, the former wife of filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, tweeted: “came home at 4.45 am 2 most aggressive/ ear shattering call of azaan. Nothing more lowlife & dumb than such extreme imposed religiousity”.

Even as she came under fire from Twitterati, she sent out another tweet: “I wake up at Brahmamuhurt of my own accord & do my prayers & riyaz & yoga. I dont need public loudspeakers to remind me of my God or my duty.” She then added: “nobody objects to azaan or prayers during decent hours. But to be waking up entire neighbourhood at 5 am is not civilized”.

The Samajwadi Party, however, has come down heavily on her. “Those who sing and dance till early hours, drink at 2 am in parties in hotels, and sit with their arms on shoulders of strange men and talk, who have spoilt Indian culture have suddenly started criticizing,” he said.

A singer, actress, painter and philanthropist, Krishnamoorthi is remembered for her role opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the 1994 release, "Kabhi Haan, Kabhi Naa."

Fitting reply to the queen bee of libtards..

Oh My! ....SHe will be banned from Bollywood by secular coterie for this...

Isn't the Hindu festival of Navratri, garba/dandya festival, has been restricted to upto 11 pm celebration in Mumbai to accommodate other communities, including old/sick, Hindus, Christians, Muslims and Jains?

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I don't think that perception is correct. There is no religious undertone to patriotism. Motherland is the equivalent of proclaiming "Bharat Mata"!

If it was a saying like 'Maa Bhavani', the creator - Adishakti - then I would say their perception is correct, it is about hinduism. We call Mother Earth - Bhudevi as the wife of Vishnu , But, I don't think there is any god/goddess equivalent to 'Bharat Mata'.

This is coming straight from our freedom struggle - Muslims/seculars shouted 'Inquillab Zindabad' , Hindus did 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai!"

The point being , is it a case of muslims not accepting to equate your country to 'Motherland' .period.?

They can proclaim 'dil qurbaan' for their 'pyare watan', but not 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai!" ..Strange, I wonder why,

Is ' 'Maa Tujhe Salaam' accepted by muslims in general as saluting your country? Or is just a Bollywood sentiment?

I think we need to interview you (open a separate thread?)

coffee sahab, you are mixing things here.

"Inquillaab Zindabaad" has nothing to do with Muslims/seculars etc. The latter is a label many on ICF use these days, in a denigrating fashion. "Inquillaab Zindabad" simply means long live the revolution. It is a Communist inspired, the dominant progressive ideology of the day. Bhagat Singh, for example utter "Inquillaab Zindabaad" in the court when being tried by the British.

As far as the Bharat Mata being considered a deity or not, there is no monolithic view. In fact many Muslims have no issue with Bharat Mata ki Jai. It was AR Rahman who remade "Vande Matram" with the refrain "Ma Tujhe Salam".

However, there are those who view the Bharat Mata in the slogan as a Goddess, and the bowing is seen as an equivalent to the sajda. While they may love Bharat, the sajda according to them can be only to Allah. That is their interpretation. While I may not agree with it, I see no reason why they should say Bharat Mata ki jai, to just prove a point. The bone of contention is not equating India to a mother.

She should have replied to Abu Azmi in lyrics of a song from her solo hit movie

Chalo bhi jo hua jaane do

Bahot ho chuka jaane do

Tumne phenka jaal

Ulti pad gayi chaal

Ab mister janjaal

Rasta Napiye

Mosques shouldn't use loudspeakers, especially in densely populated and mixed areas. Almost every one who wants to, can use apps which tell them exact Azaan times. Suchitra is perfectly within her rights to complain. But makes one wonder for all these years, why she didn't choose to address the issue on social media or was she oblivious to it?

Edited by Mariyam

You CANNOT blame Muslims for this...blame the administration and local politics for this....Muslims don't use loudspeakers in other countries...It's our goddamn politician assholes like Abu Azmi and others who make this a religious issue rather than social issue to divide 2 side based on religion...

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

However, there are those who view the Bharat Mata in the slogan as a Goddess, and the bowing is seen as an equivalent to the sajda. While they may love Bharat, the sajda according to them can be only to Allah. That is their interpretation. While I may not agree with it, I see no reason why they should say Bharat Mata ki jai, to just prove a point. The bone of contention is not equating India to a mother.

Below is Germany's national anthem translated in English:

"Unity and rights and freedom

for the German fatherland.

Let us strive for it together,

brotherly with heart and hand.

Unity and rights and freedom

are the basis of good fortune.

Flower in the light of this good fortune,

flower German fatherland"

Would Muslims in Germany sing above national anthem despite Germany's reference as the fatherland?

Edited by zen

Loudspeaker is the issue and should be banned for every religion or organisation during unsocial hours...

I gather loudspeaker for call of prayer a not allowed in many Islamic countries... There's a ban on Dandiya Raas after midnight (is it true or not).

But India is different... it's more Islamic in many ways than actual Islamic countries... take Triple Talaq issue... not even Pakistan has instant Triple Talaq...

Not the one near my home. I have heard at other places and I find it soothing too but the one near my home is cacaphonic. Sometimes my daughter ends up waking up in the morning confused and scared and it affects her sleep pattern for the entire day.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

There should be regulations regarding what time loudspeakers can be used for religious purposes and also whether they should be allowed at all in a family neighbourhood !

I would be fkin pissed myself If I had to wake up at 5 myself due to some religious nutjob yelling on the microphone . That's noise pollution and secondly it disturbs the peace for the community as a whole