Epic!!!!

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

It's mainly Roti, daal & sabzi bro....not just meat, meat is not the prime food of Punjabis.

Also since I lived in South India for almost 25 years..I'm lucky that both South & North Indian food was prepared at home :wp3:

eggs and meat do have their place in punjabi diet.

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No. Woman's Akhtar is Perry. Fastest bowler in woman cricket.

Jhulan Goswami must have been much quicker when she was between 25 to 32

Even now, at almost age 35, , she is bowling upto 113 k with an average speed of 109 k .... which is quite high in women's cricket.

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Jhulan Goswami must have been much quicker when she was between 25 to 32

Even now, at almost age 35, , she is bowling upto 113 k with an average speed of 109 k .... which is quite high in women's cricket.

Goswami's quickest recorded was 120KPH. She was fastest at one time, but not now. 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No disrespect to the knock but just dont find women cricket exciting. Bowlers bowling 110 kph, spinners floating at 70kph. 

You have to readjust your expectation bit like any other sports for men and women. Besides we had men bowling at those speeds in the 80s and before. Ramesh powar could bowl even at 60 kph. Same way Rajat Bhatia often clocked only 115 kph. Infact hitting slower balls out of the park is harder than faster balls you don't have pace to work with. Yes you don't see whole gamut of bowling skills in women's cricket. Ellise perry like bowlers are tough to face in women's cricket.

42 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You have to readjust your expectation bit like any other sports for men and women. Besides we had men bowling at those speeds in the 80s and before. Ramesh powar could bowl even at 60 kph. Same way Rajat Bhatia often clocked only 115 kph. Infact hitting slower balls out of the park is harder than faster balls you don't have pace to work with. Yes you don't see whole gamut of bowling skills in women's cricket. Ellise perry like bowlers are tough to face in women's cricket.

But Rajat Bhatia is a part-timer. There are a lot of men bowlers who bowl 115-120 KPH but they are not main bowlers especially in international cricket. Hitting slower balls out of the park is harder when they are mixed with quick deliveries due to deception. With bat and power these days, you can easily hit slow speed deliveries out of the park. Remember six hitting challenges that usually happen during IPL. There, they serve very slow speed deliveries through bowling machines to batsmen and batsmen smash them huge.

Like Women's tennis it is almost a different sport than it's men's counterpart. Obviously it is not to everyone's taste. Personally I really like it and really interested in how it develops from this state. Even accounting for physical differences. women's cricket is way far behind men's cricket in terms of experience, exposure, history, player pool, resources and everything else. Will take years to reach that level that other sports are at vs. men's counterparts like Tennis or even football. 

Coming back to this knock it is one of the most significant one by a Indian women's cricketer. Mithali Raj is almost like the Gavaskar of her sport. That one classy batsman who has carried the team for years but now really needs support from more dynamic players. 

This knock is almost like the Kapil's 175 and one hopes that Kaur leads the team to the next phase of Women's cricket. I hope this success leads to WIPL and more lucrative opportunities for Indian Women' s cricketers. 

They need just more number of matches. you could see how more match ready Ind and SA were compared to likes of WI and even NZ having played a competitive qualifying tournament. Aussie players with BBL are going to have big advantage

7 hours ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

women cricket is so cringe-worthy to watch.

Her celebration lost all the respect I had for her, throwing away your helmet like that. disgusting

you sir are what is referred to as a dumbass. i'm not going to bother explaining the context of that moment to you since you have clearly chosen to be ignorant.