A guy who can get 50 and 100 in his first 3 games batting at No. 8 has to have something special

33 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

He is picked as a all rounder and he has yet to provide me any evidence that he can actually bowl well.We all know he is cannon fodder in ODIs and by the looks of things he is strictly picked as a batsman who can bowl a couple of overs to spell the front line bowlers.I have zero confidence he can bowl 10-15 overs in SA and actually not concede 60-0.

He bowled really well in the 2nd test 2nd innings when SL had a big partnership. He was the one broke that partnership. He used to conditions really well by mixing up the pace. 

Pandya showed in this innings of 107 that he can bat at different gears and bat properly against the new moving ball.

As long as Kuldeep was there, he batted normally for a test match and his innings was restrained and proper till he scored 42.

The new ball moved a bit in the morning with the new ball, Fernando was bowling in good areas too, but Pandya looked comfortable.

After that, he started hitting when Shami came in, he shielded the tailenders very well and played according to the situation.

This was a very mature approach, his hitting is getting a lot of attention but these other qualities do justify him batting at No.7. in test matches for the time being, and maybe at No.6 if he plays pacers well quite a few times in the games to follow.

Edited by express bowling
22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He bowled really well in the 2nd test 2nd innings when SL had a big partnership. He was the one broke that partnership. He used to conditions really well by mixing up the pace. 

He is showing a tendency of adapting to the situation and conditions in his very brief test career.

He was bowling cutters on a slow pitch, like you said.... but was bowling 135 k + when there was some aid for seamers. He has also used the sudden quicker ball at 140 / 141 k while bowling around 135 k, to surprise the batsmen.

Adapted to the match situation while batting too.

6 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

He is picked as a all rounder and he has yet to provide me any evidence that he can actually bowl well.We all know he is cannon fodder in ODIs and by the looks of things he is strictly picked as a batsman who can bowl a couple of overs to spell the front line bowlers.I have zero confidence he can bowl 10-15 overs in SA and actually not concede 60-0.

Actually he was the only one who looked okay in the CT final. 

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i must say if you see his personality you think he is flamboyant and all but he showed both in his batting and bowling he is street smart and uses his brains 

although i think he ll struggle overseas , hopefully he keeps that attacking instinct rather than trying to become a 'test' batsman like yuvi

Edited by SK_IH
44 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i must say if you see his personality you think he is flamboyant and all but he showed both in his batting and bowling he is street smart and uses his brains 

although i think he ll struggle overseas , hopefully he keeps that attacking instinct rather than trying to become a 'test' batsman like yuvi

He gets support from the entire team. Most importantly, captain. It is very important for proper progress of a player. When it happens a new player doesn't develop negativity and fear of failure. It also helps that Pandya was always a very confident and self believing person. Having said that only players which looks special talent should be given such backing. Otherwise we end up with Ishant Sharma. :laugh:

20 hours ago, gattaca said:

How will one develop if he plays so low ? You are going to ask him to slog always should bat atleast 6.

We don't know if he is good enough there yet, I think they have done right thing by taking pressure of him.Once he gets confidence in himself he will bat at no6.

4 hours ago, gakgupta said:

as dhoni said....we need characters...

On that front, he is ahead of many players that are mentioned in this thread.....he is a guy who can play when back is against the wall...

He is one of the finest all-rounder in making...

He's had a few good days, and will have some bad ones too.  There will be some on here who will just as quick to crucify him then as they are to crown him today.

41 minutes ago, putrevus said:

We don't know if he is good enough there yet, I think they have done right thing by taking pressure of him.Once he gets confidence in himself he will bat at no6.

Yep.  No need to rush him on either batting or bowling.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, kubrickian said:

Bowling was not that impressive though. Perhaps in SC, he could be a good support bowler but will not be effective anywhere else. I think Kuldeep should get the nod over him in the side for 3rd spinner. There is enough batting(and all rounder options) available in the side that you dont need to include a bowler who can bat at 8. Better to go with a wicket taking option.

Yes but when you scored your Maiden FIRST CLASS HUNDREDS out side india in test match

Always something special.PANDYA did that.Vijay Manjrekar did it outside of India his first Maiden 100 in FC cricket was his test century in 1952.wicketkeeper Ajay Ratra also among in the list and

Kapil too but he scored in Delhi while Ratra did in WI

Yep.  No need to rush him on either batting or bowling.
Bad days and good days.....certainly yes.....
But what is important is that....he doesn't pee his pants in crunch games.....

Look at latest champions trophy finals.....he played like a winner.....
Had he not been runnout....it would have been fun. He was playing them like a gully bowlers

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk