Indian team for 1st three ODIs vs Australia announced

Shami has been resting for his entire career. :no:

He has only played 49 odis and 25 tests. He needs to play more matches and not rest every series, or he will end up with 90 odis and 45 test matches when he retires. :facepalm:

Shami is our best odi bowler and should be playing series against top teams without exception.

Edited by OpeningBatsman
22 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

And what if the back-up keeper out-performs Dhoni? Can't take such a risk.

Yep like he did something great in t20i:phew:by slowing everything down.. Kohli is not a fan of him anyway. His keeping skills are not even up to the mark as said by Dravid. Patel gets chosen over pant in general says a lot. So it's a risk and we got kedar and rahul if we need backup anyway. Kedar is good enough for backup keeper if Dhoni is injured. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Just look below how long tours used to be in the '70s.  They bowled and bowled at that time.

The famous West Indies tour to England 1976.   Tour length 4 months with 25 practice matches :phehe: ,  5 tests and 3 ODIs.  

No wonder why Vijay Merchant scored 4000 runs in England for Indias 2 tour there 

first tour was 1948 were they played 29 practice matches besides 3 test 

next tour in England too,he scored over 2000 runs 

They are hell bent on breaking shami and umesh and also wtf ??? when we going to get rid of this rahane :giggle:

I would have expected to atleast have gotten one of krunal/shankar in,but i guess selectors are just going to waste these series with passengers like rahane.

3 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Shami has been resting for his entire career. :no:

He has only played 49 odis and 25 tests. He needs to play more matches and not rest every series, or he will end up with 90 odis and 45 test matches when he retires. :facepalm:

Shami is our best odi bowler and should be playing series against top teams without exception.

Shami is not a very fit player.So no point playing him more bilaterals. Let's save him for big tournaments. Ideally he should play against all top teams. But no harm in resting him even against strong teams.

Should have picked Pant for Rahane. 

Dropping Shardul after just 2 matches a bit unfair. No idea what Yadav has done to be picked. Yadav is absolutely useless in LOIs. If they didn't want Shardul, at least they should have tried some other new pacer.

Would have also liked to see Krunal being accommodated by resting one of our senior players. Probably should have rested Dhawan, given Rahul a chance to open and picked Krunal for the middle order. 

Rotation Policy...looks like it doesn't apply to keepers regardless of whom we play...no hate but seriously what did Dhoni gain by playing Srilanka and Westindies? I mean sure I am fine him playing against Australia or major ICC tourneys before he calls it a day but atleast he consistent without whatever fk all policies you have

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Rotation Policy...looks like it doesn't apply to keepers regardless of whom we play...no hate but seriously what did Dhoni gain by playing Srilanka and Westindies? I mean sure I am fine him playing against Australia or major ICC tourneys before he calls it a day but atleast he consistent without whatever fk all policies you have

Rotation policy doesn't effect kohli or Dhoni. Because they are seniors and legends of the game.  Why is that hard to understand :phew:

Edited by Rasgulla

I don't see where we are going with Rahane? Do these clowns seriously think he will improve our chances in WC 2019  by even 0.1 %? I have said enough about Dhoni but it is clear that corporates and BCCI bigwigs have a say in his continued selection, we will just have to bear with the loser till he himself gets ashamed of losing more ICC tourneys because of his inept batting. 

And I wish they had cotton wrapped Shami and Umesh till the SA tour? Even if one of them is rendered unfit before that marquee series our chances will dip by 20%. I would say those 2 bring more to the test team than even Kohli, vital to keep them fresh. 

Glad to see Ash and Jaddu rested. Ash should get more county experience and Jaddu should spend time with his baby. Moreover I would like to see how Chahal, Axar fare against the big boys on pattas. I think both are over rated and their stats are boosted by facing minnows/weak batting units on turning/sluggish decks. By the end of the series(if we play on pattas) i think it will be clear that Jaddu, Ash and Kuldeep are still our best bets for WC 2019. Will be glad to be proved wrong though.