Arjun Tendulkar selected in Mumbai U-19 squad

Trichromatic

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

That means he is line length and control. I will let our resident expert shed more light (Rightarmfast) on it. Dont you need a whiplash action for pace?

Theres something about him that reminds me so much of Shaun Pollock. However, his release is not the same as Pollock. But I am sure he is aiming to be express, so perhaps in the future he may have a slight side on action. With the kind of release he has now, front on and round arm action, he needs a lot muscles on shoulders, a very strong back to generate that pace and I am sure he can find a way to do it. But let's see. I would assume he would change his action soon

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Theres something about him that reminds me so much of Shaun Pollock. However, his release is not the same as Pollock. But I am sure he is aiming to be express, so perhaps in the future he may have a slight side on action. With the kind of release he has now, front on and round arm action, he needs a lot muscles on shoulders, a very strong back to generate that pace and I am sure he can find a way to do it. But let's see. I would assume he would change his action soon

Thanks!

On 10/10/2017 at 5:21 AM, MCcricket said:

Let's see how he does, credit to him he loves the game n took up bowling instead, he is tall n looks strong, action is natural, give him time, his father cannot bat or bowl for him, he has to do it on the field, certainly not an early bloomer like his dad, but bowlers mature late, let's hope we have an all rounder some day, bats like Sachin n bowls like Zak , lol.

meaning like Kallis..

9 hours ago, Khota said:

If in your heart you feel it was all merit than there is nothing to discuss.

There is no such merit or qualification needed to be a net bowler. If you play cricket for host association at some club or level, you can easily bowl at the nets. Lot of unknown bowlers do that to impress Indian team. Javed Khan from Delhi was one such bowler who then got picked for MI too.

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Not to be too critical on the young guy but doesn't seem to bowl good line.

Yes, needs to work on his release. He isn't that good yet. Otherwise would have been playing for India u19 even if he was half good. Doubt he will ever play for India u19. He is already 18. He needs to do to target practice without runup to improve his accuracy.

35 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, needs to work on his release. He isn't that good yet. Otherwise would have been playing for India u19 even if he was half good. Doubt he will ever play for India u19. He is already 18. He needs to do to target practice without runup to improve his accuracy.

Beautiful and aggressive  run-up though.

This camera angle is not that good to observe properly  but he looks to be using too much of his bowling arm to bowl ... and is not using his body and non-bowling arm sufficiently.

Edited by express bowling
21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This camera angle is not that good to observe properly  but he looks to be using too much of his bowling arm to bowl ... and is not using his body and non-bowling arm sufficiently

Seems to be a good athlete.  Needs to work on his arm position and that will need a systematic practice. First bowling without runup to improve arm position and accuracy. Then once he perfects it then start bowling from short runup 5-6 step keeping the action and accuracy intact an then after a lot of these drills, bowling from a long runup.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Is this the latest video or old ?

Acc to description , date of upload by Ani news channel (they wont put an old video)

Shastri to , even though he was there in the last game at wankhade 2 yrs ago but i doubt this is from 2015.....Saw times of india putting a same video as well a day ago . Shud be latest only 

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

This camera angle is not that good to observe properly  but he looks to be using too much of his bowling arm to bowl ... and is not using his body and non-bowling arm sufficiently.

That right arm going up that you see is merely for practise. I think he is keeping t that way only for practise. That's not his regular action

On 10/22/2017 at 12:56 AM, express bowling said:

the run-up is not the most important factor though.