Would you pay $1000(or 89k in India ) for a cell phone?

Texan

Would you pay $1000 for a cell phone?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay $1000 for a cell phone?

• YES - Worth it
    • NO - Good phones available at much better price
    • NO - Other reason

2 minutes ago, zen said:

I would if I m in the market for a new phone. For iphone X, key features for me are the design and Oled 4k HDR calibrated display. There is Essential phone, which is not as expensive as X, as well but I did not for it yet as it is gen 1. Red is coming out with a modular phone as well but it may not be for everyone

At some point, the law of diminishing returns would kick in for such purchase but if you love it go for it. There is no right or wrong answer. I have seen ppl drive 10 kms to save $5 in grocery shopping so everyone has a different criteria

Essential phone isn't available in India ..Its more or less made  for Canadian and US consumers . 

4 hours ago, Stuge said:

Keep the Redmi Note out of this thread lol

To answer this thread, I would buy a Mi phone, Nikon D5500 (it has wifi) with an extra prime and telephoto lens. 

If MI phone broke, I can get a new one using mi protect. If iphone broke, they won't change the display but give you a new iphone for more than half the cost. :facepalm:

My brother spent a lot of money on this. 

Edited by Detonator

2 hours ago, veer said:

Wrong time to release these expensive phones. People are still looking at hurricane Irma, Harvey affected news, pictures and video.. and they'll hate to see these expensive, not-needed,commodity hitting the market..

It's usually the poor people who can't pay next month's bill but would line up to buy a new iPhone to be part of the popular crowd. 

10 hours ago, Detonator said:

To answer this thread, I would buy a Mi phone, Nikon D5500 (it has wifi) with an extra prime and telephoto lens. 

If MI phone broke, I can get a new one using mi protect. If iphone broke, they won't change the display but give you a new iphone for more than half the cost. :facepalm:

My brother spent a lot of money on this. 

Good point. No matter how good the iPhone makes its camera, it can never match the image quality you get with a DSLR. I don't know about the Mi phone in particular, but most middle range phones will give you comparable image quality as an iPhone does.

15 hours ago, velu said:

if i have money to burn , i will surely buy 

Exactly, those who are in the process of upgrading their phones and love premium phones will go for it. One of the reasons for relatively high price is to control demand as Apple cannot make too many of them 

This thread is like when a new premium model of Porsche is launched, some ppl go like there is BMW M, MB AMG, Lexus whatever, etc., but ppl who buy Porsches buy Porsches. The key models will be expensive than the usual BMWs, MBs, etc

There is a big market for leasing cars in USA. Everybody knows buying a car for a 10-15 years is more cost effective than leasing a new car every 2 years or so. But still people who fancy driving newer models of branded cars , go for the lease. Same here, people who fancy newer gadgets will go for a $1000 iPhone. In India, it will cost more than 1 lakh, but still there is a big population who want to buy this piece of fancy stuff.

Edited by coffee_rules