This is it : Kuldeep-Chahal are the new Ash-Jaddu

42 minutes ago, Gollum said:

True man, I really though we were in for something special the way Hardik was going. Jaddu ruined the experience like he has done countless times in his ODI/T20 career. True heir of Nayan Mongia as far as selfishness is concerned. Mediocrity can be tolerated but not selfishness and corruption in cricket !!!

Nah we wouldnt have won but that was downright selfish by what Jadeja did. What an imbecile. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ash-Jaddu is on their way out, I think. Tests , a different ball game. Now that the foreign tours start, Jaddu will find it tough. Only batting will save him. 

in tests in eng-aussie conditions beleive me jaddu wont be picked... kuldeep will play....as selectors want attacking wrist spinners not miserly bowlers who cant pick up wickets....but chahal only in limited overs

Check the score card of DHARAMSHALA début test for Kuldeep ji.because of him Australia lost test but Mo..match given someone else.

Certain people do not wants him in test team, so political pressure given on VK to NOT TO SELECTS HIM

But I think Ash lacks something on Indian Track now,VK not only keep him in Dharamshala but gave him more opportunity when Axar gets hurt while playing Football.

Ohh please don't jinx them...!!

Ashwin was never really a good ODI bowler. No 5-fers and only a single 4-fer in all List A & ODI cricket, that too coming against lowly UAE. It's a miracle (or should I say BCCI ineptitude) that he played so many ODIs despite having such a poor record.

Jadeja was fairly good at one time, but performances started declining over time in ODIs, while his Test career started taking off.

Let's hope Kuldeep and Chahal can keep their wicket-taking ability instead of being flat restrictive bowlers.

7 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Kuldy should improve his batting. 

Our lower order is pretty weak on limited overs batting. That's why jaddu will always be in contention, like it or not.

even if there will be a need to fortify the lower order,jaddu should be the last option we should look towards,that guy can't be trusted to chase down 40 of 40 balls 

7 hours ago, Texan said:

Ohh please don't jinx them...!!

Ashwin was never really a good ODI bowler. No 5-fers and only a single 4-fer in all List A & ODI cricket, that too coming against lowly UAE. It's a miracle (or should I say BCCI ineptitude) that he played so many ODIs despite having such a poor record.

Jadeja was fairly good at one time, but performances started declining over time in ODIs, while his Test career started taking off.

Let's hope Kuldeep and Chahal can keep their wicket-taking ability instead of being flat restrictive bowlers.

Ashwin and Jadeja delivered in CT 2013. Ashwin was excellent in both 2011 and 2015 WCs. That is as good as you can ask from a spinner...delivering in the grandest stage of them all. 2015 WC pitches were graveyards for spinners and I think Ashwin delivered the greatest bowling performance by an Indian spinner in a WC there, even better than Kumble's 1996 haul which was in a different era with more sluggish/turning tracks. Check the 2015 WC SF Aus innings to get an idea of how well he was bowling at that time.....

I agree that in overseas bilaterals those 2 were underwhelming but you have got to consider the circumstances in the 2011-15 period. Duncan was our coach, MSD was our skipper and we were just going through the motions in all 3 formats, especially overseas. There was no energy, we lost more than we won and the atmosphere never felt right. Right now we are having good results, but if we enter a slump in 2 years time the question will be whether Chahal-Kuldeep can pull themselves together and deliver memorable performances like our spinners did in 2013 CT and 2015 WC. I have enjoyed these 2 bowl thus far but let us admit, they have bowled on some of the most friendliest home pitches since the turn of the decade. They are yet to bowl in graveyards like 2013 Aus home series, so we have to wait and watch. Stats can be deceiving, Mishraji has a world class record with many 4/5fers because he played a bulk of his games against Zimbabwe on turning pitches. Ashwin never played against Zimbabwe, in fact he missed many matches where he could have boosted his stats. When push came to shove Mishraji was exposed while Ashwin still delivered decently. Put Ashwin in the NZ home series, Lanka series or this series, I can bet that he too would have enjoyed bowling against the noobs. Kuldeep and Ash both played together in WI ODIs and I don't think Kuldeep outclassed him there. 

Edited by Gollum
23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ashwin and Jadeja delivered in CT 2013. Ashwin was excellent in both 2011 and 2015 WCs. That is as good as you can ask from a spinner...delivering in the grandest stage of them all. 2015 WC pitches were graveyards for spinners and I think Ashwin delivered the greatest bowling performance by an Indian spinner in a WC there, even better than Kumble's 1996 haul which was in a different era with more sluggish/turning tracks. Check the 2015 WC SF Aus innings to get an idea of how well he was bowling at that time.....

I agree that in overseas bilaterals those 2 were underwhelming but you have got to consider the circumstances in the 2011-15 period. Duncan was our coach, MSD was our skipper and we were just going through the motions in all 3 formats, especially overseas. There was no energy, we lost more than we won and the atmosphere never felt right. Right now we are having good results, but if we enter a slump in 2 years time the question will be whether Chahal-Kuldeep can pull themselves together and deliver memorable performances like our spinners did in 2013 CT and 2015 WC. I have enjoyed these 2 bowl thus far but let us admit, they have bowled on some of the most friendliest home pitches since the turn of the decade. They are yet to bowl in graveyards like 2013 Aus home series, so we have to wait and watch. Stats can be deceiving, Mishraji has a world class record with many 4/5fers because he played a bulk of his games against Zimbabwe on turning pitches. Ashwin never played against Zimbabwe, in fact he missed many matches where he could have boosted his stats. When push came to shove Mishraji was exposed while Ashwin still delivered decently. Put Ashwin in the NZ home series, Lanka series or this series, I can bet that he too would have enjoyed bowling against the noobs. Kuldeep and Ash both played together in WI ODIs and I don't think Kuldeep outclassed him there. 

you need to look at players as a whole career and not at 1-2 tournaments. 1-2 tournaments don't make anyone great.  Regarding WC in Aus, big grounds there helped him. IN CT 2013, pitches were drier than expected. It was a dry summer. What happened this time?

52 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you need to look at players as a whole career and not at 1-2 tournaments. 1-2 tournaments don't make anyone great.  Regarding WC in Aus, big grounds there helped him. IN CT 2013, pitches were drier than expected. It was a dry summer. What happened this time?

If I am not wrong Zimbabwe batsman took special liking to Ashwin in one of the match of worldcup 2015. 

Match against WestIndies did not have flat pitch.

So, Ashwin did good against Pakistan and excellent against South Africa.

Besides that the other teams were Ireland and UAE where he did good but cannot be counted to mean anything.

Overall its amazing how perceptions are made. Ashwin was good in Wc2015 but perception is of being very good. However if one microanalyse one can see the truth.

Microanalysis of any stat is essential least it leads us to illusion.