Yadav's 71-4 or Kumar's 55-0? What would you rather have in ODIs?

Lannister

6 minutes ago, Texan said:

Lol. After they already got 90+.

How many wickets he got in his first spell? What was his ER then?

He did pretty bad. 5 overs 37 runs. And then came back and broke the momentum and got us crucial wickets. Aussies were in same position last match. And it was the spinners who took the wickets. This time spinners didnt take wickets and that's what made the difference. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

i would disagree, we can rummage some stats in the next test series. 

Sure. Look at stats however you'd like. Just be fair to all sides. Don't disregard stats on one side citing "helpful conditions" and do the opposite on the other side citing "bowled well but unlucky". Overall a longish period of time, these things even out. 

Just now, Laaloo said:

He did pretty bad. 5 overs 37 runs. And then came back and broke the momentum and got us crucial wickets. Aussies were in same position last match. And it was the spinners who took the wickets. This time spinners didnt take wickets and that's what made the difference. 

But none of those wickets actually stopped the flow of runs in which case it means the wickets were useless. 

Looks at how Bhuvi and Bumrah have performed in the death overs as a comparison. 

yadav should be nowhere near odi/t20 squad,he should stick to kkr and test side

shami's fitness should be monitored and decided if he should play only tests

there is need to introduce more bowlers who show capability of bowlers yorkers in ipl, i was really impressed with thampi and siraj

also there should be an effort to introduce a left armer in the limited overs set up, we dont have any 

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

Sure. Look at stats however you'd like. Just be fair to all sides. Don't disregard stats on one side citing "helpful conditions" and do the opposite on the other side citing "bowled well but unlucky". Overall a longish period of time, these things even out. 

agreed, but Bhuvi usually never plays in tests when there is a flat wicket, he is just not cut out for it. He will trundle at 130 in a flat deck ineffectively all day, just cant price a wicket. But we will see, just dont have the gumption to go stat hunting now.

Just now, Texan said:

But none of those wickets actually stopped the flow of runs in which case it means the wickets were useless. 

Looks at how Bhuvi and Bumrah have performed in the death overs as a comparison. 

How were they useless? Finch has had some pretty big innings. Smith always hits against us. Bhuvi and Bumrah performed at the death because spinners got us wickets. If they hadn't we would have been chasing more than 294 last match as well.

P.S. I'm not advocating Yadav for Odis. But the point is you need to take wickets upfront.

Just now, Vilander said:

agreed, but Bhuvi usually never plays in tests when there is a flat wicket, he is just not cut out for it. He will trundle at 130 in a flat deck ineffectively all day, just cant price a wicket. But we will see, just dont have the gumption to go stat hunting now.

There you go. Keep harping the "Bhuvi is not good for flat wickets" without realisng that Yadav is equally bad on flat wickets. 

1 minute ago, New guy said:

Shami has played 3 matches since 2016. I think his.time is past

That is due to injury.

Shami still looks like the best all-condition wicket-taking pacer in both ODIs and tests  ( he is bad in T20s ) 

That is because he can consistently bowl those wicket-taking lines and lengths with pace, bounce and movement.   All the other pacer either bowl in defensive areas or spray the ball.

1 minute ago, New guy said:

. BK has improved leaps and bounds in the same period. I think people here are really unfair to him and want him to take a 5 fer every single match

I have pointed out Bhuvi's improvements in multiple posts.

They include good yorkers, knuckle balls, bouncers, slower balls, pace, deck-hitting- ability etc.

But, both Bhuvi and Bumrah are similar in teems of effectiveness .... with Bumrah having a much higher wickets per match.

I want a regular wicket-taker in the first 10-overs.

If Shami does not live-up to this due to injury ..... we need a new wicket-taking pacer .... can try Siraj.

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

How were they useless? Finch has had some pretty big innings. Smith always hits against us. Bhuvi and Bumrah performed at the death because spinners got us wickets. If they hadn't we would have been chasing more than 294 last match as well.

P.S. I'm not advocating Yadav for Odis. But the point is you need to take wickets upfront.

They were because Peter Handscomb walked in and smashed him for a four and a six. Wickets are only useful in ODIs if they can stem the flow of runs.

Bhuvi and Bumrah have been top end over bowlers for a long time. Look at all their recent matches.  

P.S. You guys keep saying that you are not defending Yadav in ODIs but keep defending him. Why so?

43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Our pace bowling universe is not limited to Umesh and Bhuvi

Lots of new exciting talent coming up

Why not try some of them

Yes. And I don't have a problem with trying new pacers. Problem is when people keep drumming up "Bhuvi is useless on flat tracks" to justify Umesh's spot in the team. Umesh is equally bad on flat tracks. 

Would like to see Bumrah given a chance. 

Can't really understand why this guy Umesh is still  in the one day team??.He has played 71 one dayers of mediocrity.An econ: of 5.94 is  worst even by Indian pace bowling standards.In one dayers  despite econ: being more important, he is mediocre in over all bowl avg: too.Today also  all his wkts came when the Aussies started to hit out after 37 overs or so.As usual he conceeded his expensive quota of runs .Would have been lot better if India left out him  for ever from  one dayers.With the series deceided, a new player could have been tested.