IND ODI Sqaud for NZ series announced : Rahul Shami and Umesh out

17 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I might be in the minority here, but I'm fine with Shami and Umesh being dropped. They are our first choice pacers in Tests so I'd rather they rest and prepare for the upcoming Test series'.

Rahul being dropped is disappointing. Should be there in place of Manish Pandey I feel. 

Dinesh Karthik is our contingency plan for the 2019 WC if Dhoni gets injured so his inclusion is not surprising. Selectors have made up their mind.

You think they will rest by in Squad. They will ne playing ranji trophy. Bowling more than they would in ODIs.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

. They will ne playing ranji trophy. Bowling more than they would in ODIs.

Shami bowled 23 overs in a day in the first Ranji match.

Risk of injury while bowling is more than 10-over max ODIs

But, Shami, Umesh and Ishant  will become more ready to bowl 20-overs a day in SA by playing Ranji

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Shami bowled 23 overs in a day in the first Ranji match.

Risk of injury while bowling is more than 10-over max ODIs

But, Shami, Umesh and Ishant  will become more ready to bowl 20-overs a day in SA by playing Ranji

Only if he doesn't get injured by then.

18 hours ago, maniac said:

Whatta joke...you drop a guy who has a huge upside to be your next Kohli for Dinesh fkin Karthik :wall:

Shami dropped,so one of Bumrah or Bhuvi are injured you go with Thakur(I am ok with a new guy being given a shot) .....Umesh I am ok if he is dropped from LOIs.

This selection committee is terrible :finger:

I have a feeling Gambhir etc are going to get farewells as well a la Nehra.

Kohli is looking like a rubber stamp captain by the day...he is being bullied by Shastri,Dhoni,selectors and everyone under the sun. 

There is no serious planning for world cup. Even west Indies and srilankan boards are getting serious. Something wrong with our mindset. It's almost as if it is okay to lose in a semis or final. Or they think they over achieved going by the rankings. Azharuddin times mindset.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bowlers with knee injuries really finds it difficult to survive long. Ryan Harris is an example.

Keeping that in mind, it may be a good idea resting Shami in ODIs.

p.s - Harirs was around 35 when he retired, when pacers retire, injury or not

Edited by express bowling

If we were aspirational we would say we haven't won worldcup outside subcontinent since 35 years.. need for some urgent Brazilian soccer team mindset. That won't come as long as we have that old prick sunny and ilk on tv studios.

Edited by Vk1

Rahul should play all the games. That's a backward step but you never know it might be to save him for the SA series. 

I'm not surprised at DK's selection. He's the only in form keeper in the domestics. Pant has had a series of flop shows. Even if he is selected, Dhoni will only play. Don't mind resting Shami and Yadav either.

We on ICF here know that Rahul is the best opener. But as a captain if you think, Kohli has no reason to drop Rahane or Rohit, nor Dhawan. Hence I feel Rahul should be open to playing in the middle order if he's to be in the playing 11. That way he can move up if one of the openers fail. Could have been picked ahead of Manish Pandey. He looked all at sea in the few outings he had.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You think they will rest by in Squad. They will ne playing ranji trophy. Bowling more than they would in ODIs.

In your opinion, is that good or bad?

I don't think Umesh has a long term future in LOIs but he can play tests for another 3-4 years as he is really fit. Should focus on the longer format. 

Shami will have to manage his workload and pick which Ranji games he plays.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Problem is ... Ranji captains tend to over-bowl their best fast-bowlers

Shami has bowled 9 overs in 1 session again today

Needs to be rested in some Ranji matches .... BCCI should see to it for the sake of injury management.

this is terrible,he wont make it to SA at this rate.he needs to be  protected from idiot captains,