Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

rkt.india

On 11/10/2017 at 7:23 PM, express bowling said:

Ishan Porel picks up 4 wickets in the first innings of his FC debut 

We saw some raw pace from him and atleast 50 nasty, hostile bouncers ... rising steeply and many of them seaming in. Hit a set batsman twice on the helmet in the same over.

He has stamina too, and was seen bowling quick even after sending down 40 overs in 4 sessions. This is an essential quality for a test bowler.

He bowled a decent line and length and did not spray the ball around.

Can seam the ball both ways and gets some swing too on occasions.

A tall, hit-the-deck genuine quick bowler is what we had been waiting for.

He was making the batters hop and hurry with many of his good length  balls too. Keeper was collecting the balls chest to head high, more often than not.

i think his bouncers were around 140 to 143K as they were steep fast but not unplayable i think 144-146k bouncers are too rapid and unplayable..i dont think he is as fast as jasprit bumrah and Umesh and the faster version of Shammi as of today but Yes

i have to say that I am Impressed with ISHAN and the YADAV too ..possibly since ISHAN is taller so he has good chances to play for INDIA.

13 minutes ago, chapetmarunga said:

his full balls are not that fast but bouncers are decent but i dont thinl he's that fast

Check these two full balls. How in the world these not fast? Check the carry to the keeper taking the ball at head in one of the deliveries that too on an Indian patta. Hazelwood is 6'4" and even he did not get this kind of bounce from this length on Indian pitches and he bowled at 135-140K in the recent test series. That delivery keeper gathering at head height is very close to 90 mph if not more. how many 19 year olds have you seen bowling such stuff? I have not seen many.