Vijay Shankar (Batting Pacer Allrounder) - Performance Watch thread

He reminds me of Reetinder Singh Sodhi, I guess we have moved a long way from those times. Unless Shankar does something extraordinary in the coming days no way should he even be in our A team squad. I wish the lad well, he looks like a domestic bully cum honest trier, hope he earns some $$ in IPL and becomes a domestic cricket legend. 

Edited by Gollum

Don't think T20 is Vijay Shankar's game (against international class bowling), he comes across very lumbersome, reminds me of the other big dude from Jharkand, Saurab Tiwary, bullied domestic trundlers and spinners but struggled against quality pace bowlers

maybe suited for longer format.

Add to that, Gambhir hardly trusts him for bowling.

Got lucky in the Auction, probably due to hype and debut in Nidahas Cup.

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He reminds me of Reetinder Singh Sodhi, I guess we have moved a long way from those times. Unless Shankar does something extraordinary in the coming days no way should he even be in our A team squad. I wish the lad well, he looks like a domestic bully cum serious trier, hope he earns some $$ in IPL and becomes a domestic cricket legend. 

Reetinder Sodhi was better in comparison, but that's not saying much about Reetinder as well. 

V Shankar's bowling is sh!T. I have always emphasized this while people were far more optimistic. He definitely has some talent with the bat. I read about his interview after the screw up against bangladesh and was thoroughly unimpressed with his answers and attitude. I can see  why if he doesn't improve much in future. Let's see which way he goes.

5 hours ago, Pollack said:

V Shankar's bowling is sh!T. I have always emphasized this while people were far more optimistic. He definitely has some talent with the bat. I read about his interview after the screw up against bangladesh and was thoroughly unimpressed with his answers and attitude. I can see  why if he doesn't improve much in future. Let's see which way he goes.

His bowling is mediocre. There is zero talent there. He could be a decent bat .

On 3/21/2018 at 7:03 AM, CoverDrive said:

I hope he remembers his 4 with 9 needed. It was a very smart and important moment. Without it Karthik would not have anything left to salvage.

He hit the next ball to be caught at long off. Either his four or the catch at long off will not be remembered its good that karthik won it. 

7 hours ago, Pollack said:

Dude apparently Shankars actual name is Shankara ghatikar. Now I know you think he is greatest after sunny mumbaikar.

This guy scored runs after match was over and CSK knew they were not going to lose.When the match was in balance he hardly score runs and was hoovering under 100 SR.He has gall to say that he can adapt to any situations.

He is 27 not 17 if he is not ready article now , he never will be one. Get him away from Indian team.

He is not fit for T20. ODI he can waste two overs to settle, but there is no luxury to batsmen to settle in T20, unless the team is something like 30/4 in power play or thereabouts. 

Even yesterday he plodded and created pressure on himself as well as RRR. He made up for it but during his innings he never got DD into a winning position. Only when Rishabh was batting there were hopes of DD win. 

He should never make a T20i unless he shows he has the game for it. 

This guy scored runs after match was over and CSK knew they were not going to lose.When the match was in balance he hardly score runs and was hoovering under 100 SR.He has gall to say that he can adapt to any situations.

He is 27 not 17 if he is not ready article now , he never will be one. Get him away from Indian team.

Its 27, not 37. Plenty of time for him to get better.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:21 PM, rkt.india said:

His bowling is effective in days game because he bowls good test match length and bowling at decent Pace now.

If his bowling is effective in tests, how come his FC record is so poor. We should not be trying to manufacture allrounder from bits and pieces players.

How is Stuart Binny inferior to this guy.

Edited by putrevus
20 hours ago, putrevus said:

If his bowling is effective in tests, how come his FC record is so poor. We should be trying to manufacture allrounder from bits and pieces players.

How is Stuart Binny inferior to this guy.

BInny has an FC average of 36, Shankar 49. Here Binny is inferior.  He is a batsman who can bowl. This is what we need in test, someone who can give some relief to our main bowlers overseas.  he is good enough to bowl 10-15 overs a day and bat at #6.

Edited by rkt.india