The Mayank Agarwal Juggernaut

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Illl stand by my opinion that i dnt rate him highly for international cricket,But thats just my opinion

Havin said this guy is performing so well that he is almost breaking the door, he shud be selected with shaw for next test series at home against WI if vijay keeps failing. Ill love if m proven wrong 

Selection seem to be based on certain guidelines set :-

1. Should have experience of domestic cricket and do well.

2. Get selected to A teams based on domestic  performance. 

3. Succeed in overseas A tours.

As he has done well (infact looks like no.1 perfomer on all above recently), selectors have to move him to national team . 

After setting these goal posts , they cannot select someone else . That will be changing the goal posts again. 

Not sure will he be success overseas , but you now cannot deny him a chance to play at test level.

You never know, at that level it is more of temperament and some descipline in shot  selection. 

Looks like will come good on 50 overs atleast.   

45 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

As he has done well (infact looks like no.1 perfomer on all above recently), selectors have to move him to national team . 

After setting these goal posts , they cannot select someone else . That will be changing the goal posts again. 

Not sure will he be success overseas , but you now cannot deny him a chance to play at test level.

You never know, at that level it is more of temperament and some descipline in shot  selection. 

Looks like will come good on 50 overs atleast.   

Yea u never knw, i hve been wrong n right both in past. Its just a personal opinion n ill be happy to be proven wrong

I dnt rate him high, but i cnt deny he has given perfomance which shud force selectors to select him 

In 50 over their is no place but in test their is a vacancy now ...may be even 2

23 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

I believe the Maggernaut only rolls around in India.Dont recall a standout performance in the A tour

His scores for India A in the recent England tour ..

4, 151*, 23, 112, 112, 40, 0, 68, 0, 1

First 6 are List A, last 4 are FC.

He probably should have had one more big score in FC to make it a great tour.