What is Kohli and team management problem with K L Rahul?

Somethings definitely is wrong with Kohli and Rahul. With so much potential and performance in tests, it should be impossible to drop him. He should have played ahead of Rohit at no 3 or down the order in case he wanted to give Shikhar a shot at it. Rohit has no business being in Test XI except favour from Kohli. Dhawan should have been fighting with Rohit instead of Rahul for the spot.

Rahul has the potential to outshine Kohli as an all format batsman, he isn't a flat track maestro unlike Kohli either, he can play under pressure and on difficult tracks like he showed against Australia early this year. How can Bunty Sajdeh and Kohli allow such a talent to flourish? Plain jealousy and creeping insecurity on Kohli's part. He did the same with Ashwin in tests by deliberately under bowling him after Ash had racked up 7 MOS in no time.

12 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Somethings definitely is wrong with Kohli and Rahul. With so much potential and performance in tests, it should be impossible to drop him. He should have played ahead of Rohit at no 3 or down the order in case he wanted to give Shikhar a shot at it. Rohit has no business being in Test XI except favour from Kohli. Dhawan should have been fighting with Rohit instead of Rahul for the spot.

We are playing 6 batsmen conveniently to accommodate Rohit . That's how important hes to the team . Seems like it was a brilliant strategy to keep any potential threats out till sharma could be brought back in .

59 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ganguly and even Dhoni good  or bad had a core set of youngsters they backed...the only problem was that they overdid it at times but still they groomed them and supported the. . If Kohli wants to achieve that level of recognition as a captain he needs to do that as well...I don’t think it is a regionalism or favoritism here but he doesn’t have the confidence to call the shots when it is his peers.

Dhoni backed youngsters??? Lol...he wanted to flush out Sachin Sehwag to increase his brand value. Except for Rohit none of the players that Dhoni backed did well. He was from the Mumbai batting school anyway. Raina, Jadeja, Mohit sharma etc have done poorly compared to their peers.

Why are people here so much in shock and surprise on this?? this series was specially scheduled to make dhawan the hack look good, they knew dhawan will score against this useless lankan trundlers they also painted dead grass with greenish colour  with flat track underneath it to also fool us about dhawan scoring runs on greenish track! this was the only motive behind this pathetic series.

10 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Then why did we change the 5 batsmen strategy against mighty lankans ?

I feel Kohli is the new age PR aware captain(Might have learnt the media tricks from Anushka :P). Perception is very important in today's age and IMO he is actually doing good job at managing it. The statements he make in media about needing 5 bowlers, personal milestones, etc is just to cater to a certain crowd. His selections, etc are usually very different from what he speaks.  Have to take everything with a pinch of salt. 

Rahul should have been persisted, there is no question about it. Picking 6 batsman would make it even easier to pick Rahul, but unfortunately Kohli is favouring some of his buddies.

16 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

They are resting pandya for sa 

shankahr wil not play any games in sa . Sa will always be about pandya as all rounder at 6 or pure bat in Rohit . So pandya rested give Rohit game time in case needed in sa . Bloody sensible if ask me . As sl ar not mighty hence don’t need strategy and just get boys ready for sa series 

1 minute ago, Shunya said:

I feel Kohli is the new age PR aware captain(Might have learnt the media tricks from Anushka :P). Perception is very important in today's age and IMO he is actually doing good job at managing it. The statements he make in media about needing 5 bowlers, personal milestones, etc is just to cater to a certain crowd. His selections, etc are usually very different from what he speaks.  Have to take everything with a pinch of salt. 

Rahul should have been persisted, there is no question about it. Picking 6 batsman would make it even easier to pick Rahul, but unfortunately Kohli is favouring some of his buddies.

I have been saying this for a while . It's not regionalism . He cares way too much about his image . I don't think Kl will be discared cos he knows how good he can be , but for now it's easier dropping him than vj or pujara or even rahane at this point . Ideally he would have prefered , kl and dhawan opening but the last match hundred messed up things 

25 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Do we need 5 bowlers vs Lanka? Horses for courses.

Even against Aus, we switched our strategy after the first test debacle. Then after the drawn 3rd test, went back to 5 bowlers by adding Kuldeep for the decider. The latter was a management decision, so Captain's writ doesn't always run.

9 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

They are resting pandya for sa 

shankahr wil not play any games in sa . Sa will always be about pandya as all rounder at 6 or pure bat in Rohit . So pandya rested give Rohit game time in case needed in sa . Bloody sensible if ask me . As sl ar not mighty hence don’t need strategy and just get boys ready for sa series 

Virat was playing 5 bowlers till recently , wasnt it supposed to be allproven about taking 20 wickets ? 

So you are confident that we will play 5 batsmen in SA ?  

1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Even against Aus, we switched our strategy after the first test debacle. Then after the drawn 3rd test, went back to 5 bowlers by adding Kuldeep for the decider. The latter was a management decision, so Captain's writ doesn't always run.

Do we need 6 batsmen against SL ? On flat Indian pitches you take the load off your bowlers especially with an important away series , that's sensible and actually being aggressive . 

9 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Virat was playing 5 bowlers till recently , wasnt it supposed to be allproven about taking 20 wickets ? 

So you are confident that we will play 5 batsmen in SA ?  

Well can only play 5 bowlers if have genuine all rounder . Pandya I believe fills that . Shankahr despite icf hype is not this guy . 

I think in sa it probably be 5 Bowlers . Unless it’s thought need 6 batters to start with . If go with 6 batters then sorry has to be Rohit at 6 for this series as experience and I feel actually may do well . 

But i repeat I would open with Raul for Dhawan . And who knows maybe Raul will open 

18 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

So in summary  this thread 

series created to make Dhawan look good 

dhawan and Rohit picked cos mates

regionalislm why Rohit picked ( is kohli from Mumbai ?)

which one is it ? Or all of the above 

Do they warrant a place in test match. Why they are selected ? No one knows. Who pushed for their selection the captain. Do we need to know anything else ?

11 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Do we need 6 batsmen against SL ? On flat Indian pitches you take the load off your bowlers especially with an important away series , that's sensible and actually being aggressive . 

Kohli told his logic. The reason he batted first. He hoped the pitch had something on it and his batsmen get decent outing before the overseas tour. I think he has the bowling line up fixed in his mind, Shami, Ishant and BK. I think he is still not sure which batsman to pick in the final XI overseas

Edited by New guy
1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Well can only play 5 bowlers if have genuine all rounder . Pandya I believe fills that . Shankahr despite icf hype is not this guy . 

I think in sa it probably be 5 Bowlers . Unless it’s thought need 6 batters to start with . If go with 6 batters then sorry has to be Rohit at 6 for this series as experience and I feel actually may do well . 

But i repeat I would open with Raul for Dhawan . And who knows maybe Raul will open 

Rohit time again proved he can't play tests. Even in India he plays against west indies and srilanka and scored well. He failed against South Africa.

13 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

No we don’t need 5 bowers and we don’t need 6 batsman either lol we will win . Management agrees 

so Rohit or pandya will play in sa . So pandya rested so give Rohit game time . It worked as Rohit last test scored ton and got valuable confidence . Very sensible by kohli