Why don’t teams pick an 11 they think will win the game ?

Vk1

31 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Dhawan and Rohit monsters on India tracks . Poor away . Pick them just at home 

Bhai, Dhawan scored century in India 5 years back. 

Can you name a single batsman who hasn't scored century in India for 5 years?

After scoring that that debut century against Aus, he has averaged 29 in India with 0 hundreds and easily worst batsman at home.

Monster. :phehe::phehe:

Even though I agree with the context of the OP and most of his points...disagree on Saha.

Infact most Indian keepers are good in the subcontinent against spinners and also with the bat.

While I agree that you need to contribute a lot more with the bat especially overseas..keeping becomes more critical overseas as the chances are not as straightforward as people are making it seem here...adjusting to the pace and swing also requires great keeping technique regardless of how straightforward it looks. Now add a mediocre slip cordon which drops dollies a good keeper becomes that much more critical.

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

No Bumrah really shocking news 

but it’s official from BCCI resources 

vijay

parthiv

Rahul

pujara

kohli

rahane

Jadeja

pandya

bhuvi

shami

ishant ( support from track) 

==========

jai Shree Krishna 

Bumrah in place of Ishant, otherwise a brilliant team IMO. But what is the source?

Let’s say pick patel one game . Don’t work out get saha back in

but can’t do that in test cricket apparently . As destroyed his confidence . Not fair . Need continuity . Blah blah 

why not pick rohit at home . Better then rahane at home no doubts . Plus at home need quicker runs and Rohit does that . Then in certain conditions pick rahane . 

Its the mind seT in cricket . Not fair on him , does not deserve , continuity . New mindset needed in cricket 

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Let’s say pick patel one game . Don’t work out get saha back in

but can’t do that in test cricket apparently . As destroyed his confidence . Not fair . Need continuity . Blah blah 

why not pick rohit at home . Better then rahane at home no doubts . Plus at home need quicker runs and Rohit does that . Then in certain conditions pick rahane . 

Its the mind seT in cricket . Not fair on him , does not deserve , continuity . New mindset needed in cricket 

On basis of what? I will pick Rahane over even Kohli if it is a turner.

15 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

No Bumrah really shocking news 

but it’s official from BCCI resources 

vijay

parthiv

Rahul

pujara

kohli

rahane

Jadeja

pandya

bhuvi

shami

ishant ( support from track) 

==========

jai Shree Krishna 

I would not have even tried Bumrah in the place of Ishant even in first test. The change is due since then. Glad it is happening now. 

I think the main problem is that India either plays away from home nonstop, or at home nonstop so their is uncertainty on who is the best 11 all condition players are.

TBH I would rather play Rahane even on Indian pitches, he has played some clutch inning on indian pitches and mostly failed when we didn't really need him so score.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Patel over Saha...am I missing something here? Why this sudden love for him? Has Pappu morphed into Gilchrist recently???

He is just an average bat who is capable of a couple of back to the wall cameos and his poor keeping more than makes up for whatever utility he has as a bat.

The back-up keeper is always better than the real one :-)!!