Captain cool will never ever lose his cool like this !!!

velu

4 minutes ago, velu said:

if Dhoni was batting at #3 ( with long hairs ) , he would be having 5/6 double tons by now :phehe:

pees are getting serious here .. as i said , my fans in ICF asked me to post this :p:

The only thing long hair accomplished is seducing Musharraf...forget 200s maybe the long hair could have been used for bigger things like preventing terrorist attacks...if you catch my drift :giggle:

Edited by maniac

I have no idea where this "Bashing of own guys" trolls come from. Its good to be critic but when you hold the bat/ball, we know how good you have done in the middle. It is difficult to adjust your game when 90% of your games happen in different conditions. Despite that he has scored 150 which is by far the best score of the series. Issue is not selection or players. It is the mindset with which they play. Unfortunately, T20s have messed them all up. There is not a play who doesnt do well in IPL. It is going to be very tough for them to adjust to this. Even Vijay & Pujara are not getting us required resistance at the start. In the past I remember, Vijay and Jafar did hold the crease for much longer and gave lot of shielding to our middle order. Here middle order was exposed in 10-15 overs with a trying conditions. 

It was evident that past 40 overs, even players like Ashwin, Bhuvi held the crease very well. So was the case with SAfrican lower order batters. To my expectations, the team didnt do whole lot wrong, little application and they would have been very close to winning these 2 tests. 

We need openers + 1 down to play 30+ overs to be successful in these conditions. Until that happen, keep trolling on Kohli, Saha, Patel or whoever (Rohit), you wont see any results. Many good middle order batters fail when they are exposed early in the innings.

To me bowling was bit disappointing and fielding a bit as well. 

2 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

I have no idea where this "Bashing of own guys" trolls come from. Its good to be critic but when you hold the bat/ball, we know how good you have done in the middle. It is difficult to adjust your game when 90% of your games happen in different conditions. Despite that he has scored 150 which is by far the best score of the series. Issue is not selection or players. It is the mindset with which they play. Unfortunately, T20s have messed them all up. There is not a play who doesnt do well in IPL. It is going to be very tough for them to adjust to this. Even Vijay & Pujara are not getting us required resistance at the start. In the past I remember, Vijay and Jafar did hold the crease for much longer and gave lot of shielding to our middle order. Here middle order was exposed in 10-15 overs with a trying conditions. 

It was evident that past 40 overs, even players like Ashwin, Bhuvi held the crease very well. So was the case with SAfrican lower order batters. To my expectations, the team didnt do whole lot wrong, little application and they would have been very close to winning these 2 tests. 

We need openers + 1 down to play 30+ overs to be successful in these conditions. Until that happen, keep trolling on Kohli, Saha, Patel or whoever (Rohit), you wont see any results. Many good middle order batters fail when they are exposed early in the innings.

Really? But few posters here made us believe everything wrong with Indian test cricket was Dhoni. Once he goes...India will win all games overseas.

9 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

How is the issue not selection of players? 

How do players like Sharma Ishant and dhawan got to play over Rahul rahane and Bhuvi? And how come we keep on selecting a retread like pappu and now Karthik? These are brainless selections.

29 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

Very sensible. If openers dont have 50 on board rest always fall like dominoes.

Kohli already has had 2 bad press conferences after 2 losses overseas. I can imagine he would get up from the chair and throw the mic away or something in future if India looses couple of more series and reporters ask him to own up the responsibility.

He seriously need to grow up a bit quickly or just give up captaincy to remain sane. He is too good a batsman to lose if he breaks down mentally due to captaincy pressures. He does not seem good at mature handling of tough situations. 

Edited by Shunya
4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Really? But few posters here made us believe everything wrong with Indian test cricket was Dhoni. Once he goes...India will win all games overseas.

Test cricket is not about Dhonis and Pandyas. Even polished 1 day players like Rohit appear pretty ordinary in Test. Even a steady players like Pujara finding it so difficult to hold his level in test. To me Kohli stands far ahead of others. This situation is no different that when we had lone warier battling it in the middle. 

There is another test to go. If Vijay/Pujara click, then Kohli, Rohit and Pandya could do very well. Our bowling struggled in my opinion. If we take top order out early then it is not enough. Bowlers also need to cleanup the lower order and provide a very good support to our batsmen. If we get out on 150 then there is no way in the world could SA get 260 in their 3rd innings. It should have been much closer than that. So blame goes equally to bowlers. While Shami, Pandya and Ishant bowled very good in parts, they have equally messed it up in rest of the innings. How come tail ender like philander score 30-40 runs is beyond me. 

Here are my two simple solutions

Batsman, Learn to leave the ball and keep doing it until the bowlers are tired. Defend it if it comes on the wicket. Tire the bowlers out. Test cricket is 90% a mind game. The best way to demoralize bowlers is by not giving away your wicket. If 2 players do that then bowling team concentrate their focus on them more giving leeway to other batters.

Bowlers, you need to learn where to pitch for which batsman. Gosh our bowlers sometimes are so wayward. Do they really need to learn from 20 yo SA bowler or what? Put a mat and bowl on it for days. At least 1 bowler should be able to do that. When Shami did this to de cock and he nicked it 4 times. When Yuvi did it smartly then they all nicked in the first game as well. 

Lastly it is just a game. We cant win them all, at least not all the time. So enjoy

4 hours ago, Laaloo said:

How is the issue not selection of players? 

How do players like Sharma Ishant and dhawan got to play over Rahul rahane and Bhuvi? And how come we keep on selecting a retread like pappu and now Karthik? These are brainless selections.

Selection issue? YOu are making it sound like Kohli made a bradman sit out for PP. Karthik, Rahane, Rahul were all tried and tested 100 times. You have no choice but to try your options. When you lead, you mostly get criticized. I dont think I could single out 1 person to blame here. They all failed miserably. Rahul/Vijay/Pujara/Rohit/Pandya all failed. If it was not for 150 by Kohli, we would have been looking at an innings defeat. Point is, they all are mediocre in these conditions. Dont give me stats, I saw how they played. They couldnt properly get behind the ball. Pandya tried to be a hero by pulling when he has hardly played 10 balls. Thats not test cricket. Thats more like chaddi cricket played in IPL because crowd loves it. What I noticed that they all read the ball at the time of pitching. So many times SRT and RD shared on their success. Read the ball from the bowlers mind, before they release. 

Why do these players get rotated? any answer? Because they are all hopelessly bad in test cricket. Have you heard that Dravid or SRT were made to sit out? Why? So unless you have any such player who was made to sit out, your case that it is a selection problem doesnt hold any ground. We are bunch of FTBs and so are all the sub continental teams. But we are proportionately strong in the opposite scenario as well. But that point apart, these guys need to make concerted effort on solving their batting problem, individually. Play with tennis ball. Start working on your game 1 month before the tour begins. Show us that you are professional. Its a failure on both coach and players side equally. Cant single out any one. Idiots were not behind the line of the ball. All were playing like 3 ft away from the body. Did you see how rahul got out.