Karun Nair , doesn't he deserve a second chance?

rtmohanlal

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

No **** sherlock.

Indeed it is. Which is why he provides enough cover for Kohli and Rahane when they embarrass themselves on rank turners in India. And is generally one of our better players in genuinely seamer friendly conditions overseas (as he has shown at Lords 2014, Colombo 2015, Jo'berg 2018). If anything his biggest weakness is not cashing in on relatively flat wickets abroad.

Yep. SA 2010-11 :phehe:. I remember Pujara having a couple of useful partnerships with Laxman in the Durban Test :winky:.

Nonsense. He has contributed to all of our best wins overseas (Lords, Colombo, Jo'berg) since 2011 and rarely has been the worst player when we have lost. Your failure to provide specific examples of him being the most important reason for our thrashings proves this.

I went thru all the matches of Pujara you specified.Baring that Columbo test(which any way is his strong fort) I didn't find any match in which  Pujara was 'the' major scorer.And his record in alien conditions justifies my criticisms against him.Any way I would stick on with my opinions about him

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Karun Nair,Sreesanth, Abhishek Nayar should all be playing hehe

i got your point. It's not because of that commonness. While proven sustained failures like Pujara,Dhawan,Rohit etc gets chances after chances Karun too deserves a 2nd chance.Other wise it is simply double standard.

Imagine a Mumbai or Delhi/Punjab/Haryana rookie scoring a 300 in his debut series against a top side like England, that kid would get many more chances, wouldn't he? Why can't people admit that certain regions in India are discriminated against when it comes to national selection?  And it is not just limited to cricket, recall how the defending bronze medalist from London was denied a spot in Rio after a sham of a qualification match where she was cheated out against a Haryanvi opponent refereed and judged by the Haryana-Punjab gang. I mean if a 5 time WC cum Olympic medalist like Mary Kom can be cheated out just because of her place of origin, Karun Nair kya cheez hai? 

Edited by Gollum

some people here are supporting Pujara as if he has done exceptionally well in 4  of the most toughest assignments for an Asian batsman ie: AUS,SAF,ENG & NZL. He had toured SAF 2 times , the lone country were he has been very good.But instead of building on it he set the record straight by getting  mediocre  in SAF too by the 3rd tour. I am sure there would be very few batsmen  from higher tier countries  who after playing  57 tests  and being mediocre in all of the most toughest of assignments  still retaining their place .

On 28/01/2018 at 8:49 PM, Gollum said:

He does deserve a 2nd chance. I don't care about other options or scores in domestic cricket. A triple centurion should always be in the reckoning for national selection. If he were a Northie or from Mumbai he would have never been dropped FACT.

++