RCB Playing 11

Straight Drive

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

Southee has a good bouncer. Nowadays he is picking a good number of wickets on short pitched stuff, wherein West Indian and Pakistani batters failed to keep the hook and pull down. He got good bounce. He may flop in IPL as wickets are different, but still they will have to pick some international bowler for the sake of boosting their fragile pace attack since Starc bid goodbye. And RCB has to fill the void left by Starc two years back. Tymal Mills R&D boomeranged. Think Southee is sure shot considering what they will look to fill their short comings in pace department.

yes, that's true. in the team I listed, probably swapping mcC with Southee and selecting an Indian batter will be the way to go.

With NcN out, I think RCB should have gone for a fast pacer instead of half and half player like Cory. RCBalready had CdG,Woakes and Moneen Ali..they didn't really need another overseas allrounder.

First match Playing 11 might be

B.Mac

Parthiv

VK

AB

Sarfaraz

CdG

Sundar

Woakes

Umesh

Chahal

Siraj

On 3/31/2018 at 11:17 PM, sourab10forever said:

With NcN out, I think RCB should have gone for a fast pacer instead of half and half player like Cory. RCBalready had CdG,Woakes and Moneen Ali..they didn't really need another overseas allrounder.

First match Playing 11 might be

B.Mac

Parthiv

VK

AB

Sarfaraz

CdG

Sundar

Woakes

Umesh

Chahal

Siraj

QDK ne Chinnaswamy per century banayi thi wo bhool gaye kya?

plus Negi RCB ka highest wicket taker tha aur hitting bhi acchi karta hai.

Edited by zakk

Absence of a lead pace bowler (Bhuvi, Bumrah, Starc etc.) seems like the obvious weakness in this RCB team. They should have at least picked someone like Tom Curran who has some fire in his belly, in place of the injured NCN. Corey Anderson seems like an useless pick considering there's DeGrandhomme who is very similar.

Hopefully Woakes and Southee take the responsibility of the pace bowling and do well consistently.