North Indians making Goa another Haryana, says minister

Singh bling

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Gollum bro these are your experiences. Mallus have been sociable, friendly, easy to talk to in my experience.. 

Yes bro these are my experiences. I don't mean to put down any community or region of India. All have good and bad points. For example I admired the social harmony of Mallus in my college, they always were together irrespective of religion, really secular folk even their Muslims. 

Edited by Gollum

43 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yes bro these are my experiences. I don't mean to put down any community or region of India. All have good and bad points. For example I admire the social harmony of Mallus, they stick together irrespective of religion, really secular folk even their Muslims. 

Sadly no. You do know that most ISIS Indian recruits come from there? Also North Kerala is quite hostile.

Edited by MechEng

15 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Sadly no. You do know that most ISIS Indian recruits come from there? Also North Kerala is quite hostile.

I was talking about the Mallus in my college, should have worded it better. North Kerala is a different ball game I agree. 

"Will Chase Tourists Away If..." Another Goa Minister Adds To Controversy

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/will-chase-away-tourists-who-dont-respect-goan-culture-tourism-minister-manohar-ajgaonkar-1811193?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

"The tourists who come here should take care of Goa's culture and Goanness, otherwise I will chase them away. I will not listen to anyone. I am saying this clearly," Mr Ajgaonkar said.

We have to preserve our Goan culture and Goanness. We do not want tourists who sell drugs, we do not want hotels which sell drugs," he added

Another clown adds to the circus that is goan politics.

Mr Ajgaonkar....who is stopping you from going after the drug mafia ?

Bloody idiots cannot touch the russian and israeli mafia and have the audacity to bark at the Indian tourists. Bloody corrupt incompetent nincumpoops!!!!! 

13 hours ago, beetle said:

You probably don't know what it means in Goa.

When the trains enter goa.....you start hearing ...beer beer thandi beer instead of chai chai .:p:

Raising taxes will probably cost votes.

its been done before in Kerala as well where tody was banned

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

its been done before in Kerala as well where tody was banned

Alcohol is not the problem in goa...it is the drug and prostitution mafia. 

People in Goa rarely create problems because of drinking . Why would any one want to take away something people enjoy responsibly most times?

If tourists cause problems after drinking  ,then it should be regulated in tourist spots and law enforcement should be stricter there.

Why tax something heavily if it is not a big problem. Why become a restrictive state?

A lot of people from north India especially  migrant workers come to Chennai  and various nooks and corners of TN.  They lead a pretty decent life with family in spite of not knowing  Tamil.  The reason is the people of the state respect hard work.  I can't imagine a Tamil painter going to Delhi or UP for work and sustaining  there for a long time.  He wouldn't  be even minded if he didn't  know Hindi. Coming to auto walas in Chennai,  they rip you off because  they know you have a lot of money :giggle: 

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

A lot of people from north India especially  migrant workers come to Chennai  and various nooks and corners of TN.  They lead a pretty decent life with family in spite of not knowing  Tamil.  The reason is the people of the state respect hard work.  I can't imagine a Tamil painter going to Delhi or UP for work and sustaining  there for a long time.  He wouldn't  be even minded if he didn't  know Hindi. Coming to auto walas in Chennai,  they rip you off because  they know you have a lot of money :giggle: 

You clearly had no knowledge of North India , a lot of Dosawala's from tamil nadu did and still doing good business with very little knowledge of Hindi. When I used to sit on my shop There were few tamilian workers which use to come their and they had very little knowledge of Hindi.

2 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

You clearly had no knowledge of North India , a lot of Dosawala's from tamil nadu did and still doing good business with very little knowledge of Hindi. When I used to sit on my shop There were few tamilian workers which use to come their and they had very little knowledge of Hindi.

I may be wrong about north, but it's not that bad here as it is said to be.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:09 PM, G_B_ said:

So if I was the Goan minister I would

(a) Ban AirBnb in the state. 

(b) Heavily fine people on the spot for littering. If they dont have cash take their wallets and watches

(c) Encourage family friendly travel

(d) Ban any sort of party after 11pm.

(e) Tax the crap out of alcohol.

YOU WOULD NEVER WIN AN ELECTION WITH THIS AS YOUR AGENDA.

a) Airbnb is a massive plus for the local populace. Many Goans now get to actively be a part of tourism industry of the state. They make money hosting people. They understand each others cultures. The tourists can try local cuisine at throw away prices. Most resorts were unnecessarily expensive. The introduction of AirBnB has leveled the playing field. People get an actual feel of Goa, especially in the south. Most hoteliers are conglomerates/ Corporates who could buy/encroach/bribe their way to prime land all over Goa with the help of the land mafia. Happened a lot in the 90s. AirBnB is the common man's fightback. 

b) There already are fines for littering. Who is going to enforce it? Does the municipality ( legally in charge of collecting fines) going to do the grunt work?

e) Why should they tax the crap out of alcohol? There is an unwritten agreement between Goa, Maharashtra, Karnataka. The amount of bootlegging that goes on ensuring that border officials, customs officers, collectors office and everybody all the way up are getting their share of the pie. No way any politician is going to kill his own cash cow. Same thing with fuel price differential in border districts of Maharashtra,Karnataka and Goa.

On 2/10/2018 at 9:03 PM, FischerTal said:

goa is overrated place anyways. nothing to do there, just beaches and alcohol. i would rather visit pondicherry. gorgeous city

Beaches in Goa, in my opinion, are a lot more scenic than those in Pondicherry. Basically, I find beaches along the Arabian sea to be more scenic than those along the Bay of Bengal. At least from my own experience.

If you do not like beaches, why would you even visit Goa? Its like saying Kashmir/Ladakh is an overrated place. Nothing to do there except see snow capped mountains, monasteries and trek. 

57 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Beaches in Goa, in my opinion, are a lot more scenic than those in Pondicherry. Basically, I find beaches along the Arabian sea to be more scenic than those along the Bay of Bengal. At least from my own experience.

If you do not like beaches, why would you even visit Goa? Its like saying Kashmir/Ladakh is an overrated place. Nothing to do there except see snow capped mountains, monasteries and trek. 

there has to be more to a place than just beaches. pure din kya paani main rahoge?

Edited by FischerTal

24 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

there has to be more to a place than just beaches. pure din kya paani main rahoge?

Does Goa have like a ocean drive kind of strip where all the hotels and restaurants are right across the beach? Do they have resorts etc linked to any of the beaches? 

17 hours ago, sarcastic said:

Can I know which parts of Canada, you were made uncomfortable (just out of curiosity). The facts you mentioned about Delhi and Chennai, even I heard that. 

Delhites seem aggressive to outsiders... It is not about Southies alone. My friend from UP also complains about Delhites. 

The complaints of non-tamils or northies about Chennai is very well known. :no: 

I don’t know the exact area but it was somewhere on the  outskirts of Niagara falls way  before entering Toronoto.

I was going to Toronto after visiting Niagara Falls ,ON.

After may be 30-40  miles from Niagara pulled over at a rest area to get some coffee. It felt like some country side.

Once I went inside the rest area,I just got this vibe  that few people were not giving me a very welcoming stare...The place was full of old white people...Then again this was 9 years back...so things might have changed .

Nothing was said to me but you can just feel it sometimes that you are probably not welcome there.

I thought it might have been a one off incident because Toronto is obviously very diverse.

Similarly on the way back...stopped around the same area  or may be a couple of exits before  to  get gas..  After that went inside the store to buy some water...there was this guy chatting with the clerk at the counter for ever,I waited for almost 5-7 mins and noticed this guy wasn’t even  paying or checking in any items , so I eventually thought  he is not a customer and may be just a friend of the clerk or something..

so I just excused myself and asked if she can bill my items.

I will never forget her response....she said “do you guys(I was the only Other person besides her and her friend ) have the  basic common courtesy, we all are in a hurry here”

then literally she made it seem like she was billing my items and doing me a favor because I was in a hurry and trying to  cut the line”  

swear to god that whole scene is etched in my memory like it happened yesterday. This was 2007-2008 so there were no camera phones and the world wasn’t that PC yet.

I have been to Canada a couple of times since and haven’t had any issues.

Even if we think that it was probably a country side which didn’t have too much exposure to other races, I have stopped in many such areas in the US before and never had such problems.

doesnt mean racism doesn’t exist in USA.

As I said this was based on my personal experiences. Just like I had an overall poor experience in Delhi and Chennai but guys like @Cricketics get into convulsions when they hear Delhi without even understanding the context in which it was said. 

Also I have heard from people that UK and Canada do have a lot more racism around the  areas where there is a lot more exposure to Indian culture.dont know if that is true.

20 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I can’t have any bad experience. I am one of those people who gets  along with every personality and its hard for anyone to ever offend me, be it a racist to any morong cursing me or my relifion. People in India or all over the world do behave like snowflakes and hence get offended by little things or find little things which irritate them. 

I never had a bad experience anywhere since my thinking isn’t like that.   I think it has a lot to do with where I grew up or where I was born, which is Delhi. I learned to never talk shyt about anyone actually. I mean I will just tell you this, I sit with people from numeous parts of India who behave like snow flakes and are like “o man these guys served me bad food today, I am going to write a bad review on yelp.”

I hate that kind of attitude. Thats what I like about most people from Delhi. We talk stuff up front instead of silently killing people on the back for example - writing shyt about restaurant on yelp etc which will basically destroy someone’s business.

I like being straight up. I would suggest you too. If someone is being obnoxioous, telll him up front and solve the matter. Most matters and topic can be closed down and you can have better experience everywhere if you can talk it out. 

I hate today’s generation attitude of negative reviewing everyone on the net. It goes on to show the fear in the personality of many. There are of course exceptions when you really should, but most get online to review small business fo ridiculous reasons like personal grudge.

Just talk it out and you will one day feel you were never ripped off.

i mean you lived in USA, probably went theough USCIS, what can be more rip off then those scumbags sitting in numerous centres putting in hours and not doing shyt. That is real rip off, not the ones Indians do to Indians in India.

Ok next time use your charming personality and straightforwardness on a Chennai Auto wallah if you ever visit there. 

You either haven’t travelled a lot or have  travelled in a protected environment like with parents etc or have not been put in situations that needed you to mingle with the normal folk like a local thelewaala,autowallah,the local

hustler etc.

Anyway good to have people around like you who see everything in black and white lol :laugh:

Hope  for your sake you don’t change or are out in a situation where you have to change your views.

Edited by maniac

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Once I went inside the rest area,I just got this vibe  that few people were not giving me a very welcoming stare...The place was full of old white people...Then again this was 9 years back...so things might have changed .

Nothing was said to me but you can just feel it sometimes that you are probably not welcome there.

I thought it might have been a one off incident because Toronto is obviously very diverse.

Rofl, why the hell you want a welcome stare. Kya aarti utarenge teri Canada walein? Lol you expecting too much. Lower your expectations.

Did not get welcome stare lol

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Similarly on the way back...stopped around the same area  or may be a couple of exits before  to  get gas..  After that went inside the store to buy some water...there was this guy chatting with the clerk at the counter for ever,I waited for almost 5-7 mins and noticed this guy wasn’t even  paying or checking in any items , so I eventually thought  he is not a customer and may be just a friend of the clerk or something..

so I just excused myself and asked if she can bill my items.

I will never forget her response....she said “do you guys(I was the only Other person besides her and her friend ) have the  basic common courtesy, we all are in a hurry here”

then literally she made it seem like she was billing my items and doing me a favor because I was in a hurry and trying to  cut the line”  

swear to god that whole scene is etched in my memory like it happened yesterday. This was 2007-2008 so there were no camera phones and the world wasn’t that PC yet.

I have been to Canada a couple of times since and haven’t had any issues.

Dude these things happen everywhere, not just in Canada. It can happen in the friendliest of places. 

Basing of your experience froma grocery store or gas station shop is silly. Every Grocery store in a world would have such nut case who end up talking to customers and then will be mad if you interupt them. Nothing to do with Canada there.

Its common all across the world. 

Again you form your opinion about a country or people too first.

Don’t think too muvh.