Cometh the hour cometh the man

maniac

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

You cant go full retard from both ends. That's how partnership works. Rohit usually plays second fiddle to Dhawan at the start. Without Dhawan, Rohit took his job as aggressor and let KLR settle in. I would take 40 in the first 10 overs as long as we dont lose a wicket. We are not England. We play differently and considering our lack of form coming into the tournament and unstable no.4 slot, we should be content with such starts. Also the first few overs are the ones where the ball does a bit

Why would you interpret as batsman having to go either full retard or block? To me it is about playing positive cricket where you play as per the merit and situation by giving respect to good balls, rotating the strike and getting the bad balls away. In the top order, Dhawan and Kohli play normal cricket, while Rohit doesn’t. It is surprising to see that you think Dhawan (and Kohli) play in full retard mode! 

You can take 40/0 or 10/0 but an ideal score is based on conditions. And all this is being said considering Ind (not Eng).

Subcon cricket fans need to understand that things are not in black and white, where either batsmen are going full retard (and when Dhawan and Kohli in top order are not), while Rohit is playing second fiddle (when he is playing pointless cricket in the name of playing 2nd fiddle). 

^^ Guys like you need to understand , he is one of the best batsman in the world and he knows his role to perfection.Aren't you the guy who said Rohit has to be replaced as an opener and were posting stats about him against some countries.Playing cricket on the field is different every time you walk onto the field.Everyday you feel different as a batsman and you try to bat based on your instinct that day.India is lucky to have a guy like Rohit as their opener.

Edited by putrevus
5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Ro is already twice the man that VK is at this moment. This pic taken after the first wicket by Shankar alone proves it. Ro is congratulating him on the wicket whereas VK is mocking him. No wonder Pant felt VK is scary

5d0665470afe9.jpg

Very much true

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

^^ Guys like you need to understand , he is one of the best batsman in the world and he knows his role to perfection.Aren't you the guy who said Rohit has to be replaced as an opener and were posting stats about him against some countries.Playing cricket on the field is different every time you walk onto the field.Everyday you feel different as a batsman and you try to bat based on your instinct that day.India is lucky to have a guy like Rohit as their opener.

Guys like you need to understand that what is being posted already considers the basics of what folks like you post. The discussion is beyond that point. The examples of Dhawan and Kohli, who are good batsmen too, should provide hints 

Edited by zen
6 minutes ago, zen said:

Guys like you need to understand that what is being posted already considers the basics of what folks like you post. The discussion is beyond that point. The examples of Dhawan and Kohli, who are good batsmen too, should provide hints 

No need to understand your basics they are beyond ridiculous.No two batsmen are the same, fact is Rohit has done very well since 2013 should have given guys like you a chance to understand his greatness .You need to understand 70/2 is worse for India than 40/0 after ten overs.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No need to understand your basics they are beyond ridiculous.No two batsmen are the same, fact is Rohit has done very well since 2013 should have given guys like you a chance to understand his greatness .You need to understand 70/2 is worse for India than 40/0 after ten overs.

That is all accounted in my posts. Which is why I said it is beyond what you are bringing to the table. And then you have gone on to post some random numbers when there are various other alternatives/combinations, along with the fact that Dhawan and Kohli, who are also in top order, play normal cricket relatively. 

11 minutes ago, zen said:

That is all accounted in my posts. Which is why I said it is beyond what you are bringing to the table. And then you have gone on to post some random numbers when there are various other alternatives/combinations, along with the fact that Dhawan and Kohli, who are also in top order, play normal cricket relatively. 

You need to cut your losses while still a little ahead :laugh: this is not helping :giggle:

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

You need to cut your losses while still a little ahead :laugh: this is not helping :giggle:

My criteria of wins/losses are different :p: .... I only rate Rohit’s inning against Pak. Vs SA, he got 4-5 chances, which if those had gone to other players, they would have done well too. While the inning vs Aus went nowhere 

Credit where credit is due. No unnecessary hype otherwise 

Edited by zen

I have not posted any random numbers , even now you are saying if other people got chances , they would do the same as Rohit.

News flash for you there is no opener who is remotely as talented and as productive as Rohit in India.To even suggest his numbers were soft as you did discounting his scores against Bangladesh in both World Cup QFs and CT are utterly ridiculous.

Bangladesh are steam rolling WI today.They are much better side than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

I have not posted any random numbers , even now you are saying if other people got chances , they would do the same as Rohit.

News flash for you there is no opener who is remotely as talented and as productive as Rohit in India.To even suggest his numbers were soft as you did discounting his scores against Bangladesh in both World Cup QFs and CT are utterly ridiculous.

Bangladesh are steam rolling WI today.They are much better side than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying that 40/0 is better than 70/2 is random. As someone can pull out numbers to say that 70/2 in 10 is better than 70/2 in 17 overs

Posters like you have no clue for what I "suggest". It is about doing well vs. other teams (no one is saying not to do well vs. BD) 

I skim through your posts so ping me when you have something important to say 

22 hours ago, maniac said:

@Clarke where are thou buddy?

@zen @Pollack @jusarrived @mancalledsting

He played exactly how his criticisers wanted him to play. So don't know what you are on about. :dontknow: Looks like we did wonders.

Top notch innings. Graceful and fluid. Neither too slow nor too reckless on a decent pitch which is exactly how we (criticisers) wanted from him from a long long time rather than his usual selfish innings.