Still no KL Rahul

4 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Kohli not even captain today or anywhere near the squad. Lol at those people trying to point the blame for his unjustifiable exclusion squarely at Kohli. I always said that Kohli wasn't responsible for his exclusion and that it was part of wider systemic agenda. lol at regionlists for attacking Kohli for KLs exclusion. 

Kohli removed Kumble and he cannot make sure Rahul stays out for one series when he is on rest?Just saying. 

NB: Don't know who is responsible though. Maybe kohli, maybe not. Who knows?

48 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

It can't be just Kohli anymore. Has to be more people involved in this systematic planning to destroy his career.

If you still think this is just a conspiracy theory and there are cricketing reasons (good or bad) for his exclusion, then you're just naive.

People are reading too much into it. The management seems to have decided he should only play as opener. Yes he scored a century at 4, but things that happened after that might have made our management make up their minds.  When no. 4 spot was up for grabs, the first option Kohli and co tried was having Rahul at that position in Sri Lanka, but he miserably failed and looked clueless against spinners. I remember the geniuses on this forum advising that he shouldn't play in the middle order. Yes he should have been given more chances in the middle order, but our shortsighted management didn't think so. It's all down to not having any vision from our captain and coach. That's it. No conspiracy theory, no bullshit. 

18 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Kohli removed Kumble and he cannot make sure Rahul stays out for one series when he is on rest?Just saying. 

NB: Don't know who is responsible though. Maybe kohli, maybe not. Who knows?

Ok so Kohli powerful enough to stop KL playing but not powerful enough to stop Kuldeep in 4th test vs Aus? 

3 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Ok so Kohli powerful enough to stop KL playing but not powerful enough to stop Kuldeep in 4th test vs Aus? 

First of all Kohli is powerful. Every IndIan captain who's also darling of public is double powerful.

Second, I am not implying anything.

Third, to answer your question about kuldeep, kumble was still the coach then, No? Kumble was biting more than he should which may (notice: may) not have gone well with captain monopoly kohli.

Am a resident KLR doubter - don't doubt his ability, but his "play 5, shine, get hurt, miss 10, rinse, repeat" way of operating.  But even I am scratching my head over this.  If he is healthy and in the 15 and the series is quite meaningless, what's the harm in playing him?

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Just to add spice: Rahane was captain and Kohli didn't want to mess with Mumbai lobby with this small issue?

There are conflicting news reports of Rahane or Kumble pushing for Kuldeep selection. 

13 minutes ago, Pollack said:

First of all Kohli is powerful. Every IndIan captain who's also darling of public is double powerful.

Second, I am not implying anything.

Third, to answer your question about kuldeep, kumble was still the coach then, No? Kumble was biting more than he should which may (notice: may) not have gone well with captain monopoly kohli.

Nobody is denying Indian captain has power. It's the degree of power that I'm disputing. Yes at that time Kumble was there. But it proves the generic point, multiple influences go into selection. Do you think now that Kumble has gone, whole BCCI is doing saajda of VK?