Asaram Guilty of raping minor

Singh bling

I'm willing to believe this. There are quite a few ashrams where this happens. This is done to destroy the faith of people. It also happens in other religions as well.

And the death penalty needs to come back for these kind of crimes.

Edited by Garuda

Great decision. However, would have preferrred a harsher punishment considering how women were exploited over the years and murders of key witnesses 

People should be empowered to speak up. Or these guys feel untouchable and continue to exploit as they please 

AASARAM BELIEVED THAT RAPING WAS NO SIN FOR A BRAHMAGYANI LIKE HIM, CLAIMS WITNESS

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/raping-girls-no-sin-for-brahmgyani-like-him-believed-self-styled-godman-asaram/311386?utm_source=inshorts&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fullarticle

Oh man I'm so glad this chewt has finally been convicted. I hope he suffers for years to come and die a painful death in the prison cell lamenting and regretting his acts.

Disgusting person.

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

AASARAM BELIEVED THAT RAPING WAS NO SIN FOR A BRAHMAGYANI LIKE HIM, CLAIMS WITNESS

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/raping-girls-no-sin-for-brahmgyani-like-him-believed-self-styled-godman-asaram/311386?utm_source=inshorts&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fullarticle

Oh man I'm so glad this chewt has finally been convicted. I hope he suffers for years to come and die a painful death in the prison cell lamenting and regretting his acts.

Disgusting person.

What an absolute cunt. This guy should be impaled on a spike outiside the village and his crimes declared So that no one will entertain the notion of repeating this act. What a dilweed

On 4/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, coffee_rules said:

Good, convicted rapist now. Anti Modi twitterati is having an orgasmic explosion today sharing modi pics with asaram. 

https://www.news18.com/news/opinion/opinion-asarams-downfall-began-10-years-ago-with-a-probe-by-cm-narendra-modi-in-gujarat-1730295.html

The irony of it all, the one center right politician who took on the likes of asaram and togadia is called fascist.

5 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Disgusting person.

One thing i wonder about - why are Indians- even the progressive ones- so hell bent on death penalty ? Is it because life is so fragile and cheap in India that death penalty is not a big deal ?

Like, i'd think a lifetime of incarceration is a far better outcome than inflicting suffering.

The job of the justice system is deterrent and safeguarding the public. Not vengeance/inflicting pain.....

18 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

One thing i wonder about - why are Indians- even the progressive ones- so hell bent on death penalty ? Is it because life is so fragile and cheap in India that death penalty is not a big deal ?

Like, i'd think a lifetime of incarceration is a far better outcome than inflicting suffering.

The job of the justice system is deterrent and safeguarding the public. Not vengeance/inflicting pain.....

Yar I think it has to do with the kind of disgusting crimes we have to witness on a daily basis in this country that all other punishments seem small in comparison. Also there's this mentality that capital punishment would somehow act as a deterrent to the future crimes which of course isn't true as has proven by various researches.

I think the prime reason behind it might be that Indians are still a third world citizens and thus suffer from the same mentality that inflict the denizens of other third world Nations around the globe, even the educated ones.

It would take some decades for people's mentality to change imo. Even in the west if you see in many countries capital punishment was legal as late as 70s and was widely supported by many educated Westerners. Time and value based education will gradually change this.

15 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Yar I think it has to do with the kind of disgusting crimes we have to witness on a daily basis in this country that all other punishments seem small in comparison. Also there's this mentality that capital punishment would somehow act as a deterrent to the future crimes which of course isn't true as has proven by various researches.

I think the prime reason behind it might be that Indians are still a third world citizens and thus suffer from the same mentality that inflict the denizens of other third world Nations around the globe, even the educated ones.

It would take some decades for people's mentality to change imo. Even in the west if you see in many countries capital punishment was legal as late as 70s and was widely supported by many educated Westerners. Time and value based education will gradually change this.

Well put. 
Let me ask you - say you do a crime thats pretty bad (say you walk in on your wife having sex with someone, loose it and grab the kitchen knife and stab both of them). The option is either capital punishment or life without parole behind bars. Which one would you pick ?

I'd pick the 'capital punishment' option- the idea of spending the rest of my life in jail is a far worse one than 'i will suffer greatly for a few moments and then cease to be'.

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Well put. 
Let me ask you - say you do a crime thats pretty bad (say you walk in on your wife having sex with someone, loose it and grab the kitchen knife and stab both of them). The option is either capital punishment or life without parole behind bars. Which one would you pick ?

I'd pick the 'capital punishment' option- the idea of spending the rest of my life in jail is a far worse one than 'i will suffer greatly for a few moments and then cease to be'.

True that. I used to be heavily pro capital punishment, even these days too if I read about some really disgusting crime my instant reaction is ki latka do sale ko but importantly the very fact that we follow and support our impulsive judgements to become as judicial punishments is testament to the fact that how flawed and wrong this whole premise is.

Justice system should definitely serve as primarily a rehabilitation set up whereby we seek to reform the individuals who sometime in a heat of moment do something which they regret for rest of their lives and would want to repent for it if given a proper system in place.

While in case of serial killers or psychopaths, isolated cells should be a way to go. Let the bastards suffer slowly and realize the magnitude of their actions.

But it will take time for that sort of reformation to happen in India. Decades easily. We are still way far behind the west in this regard.

1 minute ago, Stradlater said:

True that. I used to be heavily pro capital punishment, even these days too if I read about some really disgusting crime my instant reaction is ki latka do sale ko but importantly the very fact that we follow and support our impulsive judgements to become as judicial punishments is testament to the fact that how flawed and wrong this whole premise is.

Justice system should definitely serve as primarily a rehabilitation set up whereby we seek to reform the individuals who sometime in a heat of moment do something which they regret for rest of their lives and would want to repent for it if given a proper system in place.

While in case of serial killers or psychopaths, isolated cells should be a way to go. Let the bastards suffer slowly and realize the magnitude of their actions.

But it will take time for that sort of reformation to happen in India. Decades easily. We are still way far behind the west in this regard.

You are nicer than me apparently. 

While i do agree with rehabilitative treatment for the ones who can be rehabilitated, but for the serial killer/mass murderer/psychopathic rapists types, i am all for 'put them in chain gangs, give them to the Indian army and use them for slave labor to build border roads'. 

As far as i am aware, India mostly does not issue capital punishment,even for murders, right ? IIRC, its 'extraordinary circumstances' that gets a death penalty...

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You are nicer than me apparently. 

While i do agree with rehabilitative treatment for the ones who can be rehabilitated, but for the serial killer/mass murderer/psychopathic rapists types, i am all for 'put them in chain gangs, give them to the Indian army and use them for slave labor to build border roads'. 

As far as i am aware, India mostly does not issue capital punishment,even for murders, right ? IIRC, its 'extraordinary circumstances' that gets a death penalty...

That's my saner side talking right now. My blood boils everytime I hear or read about the vile acts committed by rapists or Jihadists.

For instance the Kashmiri stone pelters, I'm a firm believer in army dealing with those chewts in a stern manner. Gotta be cruel at times. Some people aren't meant to be shown mercy. But those are extreme cases, I was talking more in a general way.

Yes it's rarely that one gets capital punishment in India. For 99.9 percent murders they simply serve their sentences in jail.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Death penalty strike fear in heart of many people.Asaram type people will enjoy all facilities in jail.As he is old every other day he will be out on some kind of medical condition to hospital.He may even get parole just like Sanjay Dutt got for few days.Somewhere I read that Ram Rahim's live pravachan are still available on Facebook.

1 minute ago, Singh bling said:

Death penalty strike fear in heart of many people.Asaram type people will enjoy all facilities in jail.As he is old every other day he will be out on some kind of medical condition to hospital.He may even get parole just like Sanjay Dutt got for few days.Somewhere I read that Ram Rahim's live pravachan are still available on Facebook.

See @Muloghonto there's this too. In India the criminals are so confident of the ineffectiveness of judicial system that they don't really give much thought before committing the crime. Therefore like he said it's used to strike fear in their hearts. Although  how much fear it actually puts in them is debatable.