Buttler and Sodhi parody Indian fans' poor English

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Surely you have used it once ,at least chupke chupke .Even 40 yr old virgins use it .Else you are definitely a sanskari.

No....not mc bc. 

But I know other foul stuff.

Have to be careful around a kid and non gaali galoch spouse.

I usually take it all out on this forum.:p:

16 hours ago, Cricketics said:

We need to have a funny bome and sense of humor to laugh at ourselves. If the joke is on you, learn to laugh it off. Because we take it to heart is why one is often continued to make fun of. For example a Kid in school mad at his/her friends calling him something, they will comtinue to tease him/her as they know that it annoys the kid.

I suppose so. It'll help my BP for sure. What ticked me off more was that they were making fun of the fans admiration for them. Lack of respect, imo.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sir is common among Indians. If anything North Indians use sir more often. Then some use bro. I am used to getting addressed by name. So it is odd.

Sir isn't common among north Indians,  "sirji" is used but that's a whole different context, you won't find many north Indians addressing foreigners with Sir or sirji, we stay away from such cringeworthy stuff

Calling 'sir' is usually showing a sign of respect for one's position or age. There is nothing wrong with that. My friend has just been promoted to Bank manager and he's only 27, and there's a lot of 45+ year old working under him. He usually refers them as 'sir' to show respect for their age. Since we don't use the term 'Mister', 'sir' is the close term to it. This could be hard to understand for some who are coming from a different culture, if there is even one in the first place. 

Edited by Lannister

Sir is getting out of Indian professional culture gradually. A lot of Executive level resources call me "Sir". However, none one of the  many managers who report to me call me "Sir", rather they call by my name. Sir is also used as respectful term, not necessarily the one who calls it is actually reporting to you. I say that because many shopkeepers refer me as "Sir" when i am at their shop. 

8 hours ago, kira said:

Sir isn't common among north Indians,  "sirji" is used but that's a whole different context, you won't find many north Indians addressing foreigners with Sir or sirji, we stay away from such cringeworthy stuff

Neither northies nor southies address foreigners that way. Atleast where i worked. They address me Sir sometimes based on my experience.

8 hours ago, kira said:

are you sure ? :hmmmm:

in korea my north indian colleagues address our kora managers as "saan" just like rest of us  :p:

48 minutes ago, kira said:

San is cool, but isn't "san" japanese?

P.S.  Your colleagues? Stop pretending that you are employed :rotfl:

nah .. we use either mister or san in korea as well  ..

ex-colleagues .. i am a business magnet :ahaa:

On 5/8/2018 at 7:43 PM, wanted_desi said:

I never understand the logic behind making fun of someone's English, when its not even native language. 

Not everyone, BROWN PEOPLE specifically ... broken brown english with a brown accent while trying to utter the word F**kerrrrrrrrr while continuing to roll the r, if that doesn't make you laugh then you lost your sense of humor. :phehe: 

Edited by Zero_Unit
The Indians calling every celeb a sir is one of the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen, it's more of a south Indian thing though, they even call their actors as sir, fking CRINGE, they deserve to be made fun of.
Thik hai Fir aage se kisi bhi gore ko sir ke badle oye bhosdike ke bol diya karenge.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

Not everyone, BROWN PEOPLE specifically ... broken brown english with a brown accent while trying to utter the word F**kerrrrrrrrr while continuing to roll the r, if that doesn't make you laugh then you lost your sense of humor. :phehe: 

Not everyone can pull off the thick accent. Russell peters does very well.  When it doesn't come off it looks bad.