Is Dhoni more popular than Sachin ?

velu

Dhoni's popularity much like Sallu Bhai's is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with modern day India, a country of 1.3 billion chewts and rising. In terms of ability/talent/achievement both Dhoni and Sallu aren't even in the top 50 contemporary Indians in their field (sports, entertainment), yet look at the craze. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Dhoni's popularity much like Sallu Bhai's is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with modern day India, a country of 1.3 billion chewts and rising. In terms of ability/talent/achievement both Dhoni and Sallu aren't even in the top 50 contemporary Indians in their field (sports, entertainment), yet look at the craze. 

wat crap, salman is a criminal with no acting talent currently possesed 

Dhoni is atg in Odi and one of the best LOI captain , ill see how many at their dip will avg 60 

10 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Your point noted. But if anything how does it show that trends is better measure popularity than social media numbers. In fact, your example itself shows trends is far from what you're expecting. Social media numbers are closer.

truth to be told ..

i got mixed up with popular and famous :embaressed_smile:

anyway you dont expect me to agree that sachin is more famous or more popular than dhoni :biggrin:

12 hours ago, velu said:

dhoni  is not active in social media .. 

rarely tweets or posts in instgram 

also "more popular" and not "having more fans"  ( can beat you guys in that dept too ) :p:

Problem is he doesn't tell people to wear helmet lmao 

2 hours ago, velu said:

point is it adds no value .. we all know ICF is full of sachi chamchas :p:

and we are bothered about overall popularity and just in icf 

Sachin has more followers/fans than Dhoni on every major social media platform (facebook, twitter and instagram*) both cumulatively as well as individually. So Sachin is more popular at least on social media by a big margin.

Facebook:
Sachin - 28 million
Dhoni - 20 million

Twitter: 
Sachin - 20 million
Dhoni - 7 million

Instagram:

Sachin - 10.2 million

Dhoni - 9.7 million

You are saying that Dhoni is more popular atm as per google trends. Why not let ICF poll be tie breaker to decide this?

I think point is you're scared of getting a phainta in your own thread by ICFers :phehe: . Nothing to fear, I will ensure fair poll :agree: . 

5 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Sachin has more followers/fans than Dhoni on every major social media platform (facebook, twitter and snapchat) both cumulatively as well as individually. So Sachin is more popular at least on social media by a big margin.

Facebook:
Sachin - 28 million
Dhoni - 20 million

Twitter: 
Sachin - 20 million
Dhoni - 7 million

Instagram:

Sachin - 10.2 million

Dhoni - 9.7 million

You are saying that Dhoni is more popular atm as per google trends. Why not let ICF poll be tie breaker to decide this?

I think point is you're scared of getting a phainta in your own thread by ICFers :phehe: . Nothing to fear, I will ensure fair poll :agree: . 

same point was raised by @Trichromatic and gave a fitting reply to him ..  

as i said dhoni is not that active in twitter and insta ( 80 posts vs 400 posts ) :p:

not scared of anyone .. just dont want to trigger you guys :phehe: 

Edited by velu

13 minutes ago, velu said:

same point was raised by @Trichromatic and gave a fitting reply to him ..  

as i said dhoni is not that active in twitter and insta ( 80 posts vs 400 posts ) :p:

not scared of anyone .. just dont want to trigger you guys :phehe: 

Same argument can be made for google trends as Sachin is no longer an active player while Dhoni is.

It's ok bro, you are clearly sh*t scared of an ICF poll :phehe: .

You even admitted defeat yesterday :rofl: .

16 hours ago, velu said:

i think sachin fans will win here in ICF  :phehe:

3 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Same argument can be made for google trends as Sachin is no longer an active player while Dhoni is.

ofcourse this topic about "who is more popular" and not "who was more popular" :phehe: 

3 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

It's ok bro, you are clearly sh*t scared of an ICF poll :phehe: .

You even admitted defeat yesterday :rofl: .

as i said , i am not bothered about losing in ICF :phehe:

Just now, velu said:

as i said , i am not bothered about losing in ICF :phehe:

Don't be scared man, I'm giving you personal guarantee that the poll will be a clean :agree: . I will also let you test the EVM. 

If you still want to chicken out, so be it. 

4 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Don't be scared man, I'm giving you personal guarantee that the poll will be a clean :agree: . I will also let you test the EVM. 

If you still want to chicken out, so be it. 

as i said i am not arguing  that who is more famous or popular in ICF :phehe:

and i conceded this to sachinstas long back .. :dontknow:

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

:phehe: 

I'm a fan of his trolling but sometimes he screws himself over by trying one stunt too many. 

bro ..

i never had any issues in accepting that sachin fans are more here :dontknow: