Kohli unlikely to play county or Eng series

diga

46 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

what the hell!

IPL is causing our cricketers to pick up injuries before important tours. Kohli should have not played the last game! but it seems money is more if a concercn for BCCI than actually winning a test series.

If he for some reason does not play the England tests due to this injury we will get blanked 5-0 and will demoralise us to lose in Australia too. Lets hope he recovers soon!

Kohli is anyway does not give much hope in England as a batsman.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Hate the IPL even more now. BTW more worried about next year's edition because that comes just before the WC. We may have many injured/fatigued players heading to England right after grueling 2 months. In 2015 (and 2011) this wasn't an issue because IPL took place after the WC. I fear we won't be able to field our best XI and hence jeopardize our chances at getting a 3rd WC.

Kohli here should have been smart and pulled out of IPL the moment he experienced discomfort. Ashwin had sports hernia, so missed last IPL. Even Jadeja, Rahul, Vijay, Umesh (and more guys, don't remember exactly) pulled out of 2017 IPL because of discomfort/injury. All those guys played with pain in the Aus home series and put country above $$$, that was a truly heroic and selfless effort by them. Why didn't Kohli follow their examples? Eng is a big black mark on his career, besides even the next WC will be held there. Poor decision making by his team must say.

Dont know why you hate IPL for this. He could have got injured playing any other series if there was no IPL. We would have been playing somewhere else, some other series.  Injuries are part of the game and there is no way you can cotton wrap the players. Players have every right to earn money.

47 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

not really. Dont expect much from Kohli in England anyway. Like Ponting was dud in India, he will be dud in England.

Ponting had Waugh brothers, Hayden, Gilchrist etc to make up for his failures. And we have Rahane and Pujara...lol

Kohli is the key to our test batting as evident from SA tour. Without him, we are actually screwed.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Ponting had Waugh brothers, Hayden, Gilchrist etc to make up for his failures. And we have Rahane and Pujara...lol

Kohli is the key to our test batting as evident from SA tour. Without him, we are actually screwed.

Even on SA tour Kohli scored on flat SC-like Centurian pitch, failed in Capetown, scored a 50 at Wanderers where Pujara also scored a 50.

On last England tour, Vijay and Rahane our top run getters and you cant compete if you depend on one batsman to score runs.  All of the top six will have to do it.  Kohli may be key anywhere else but in England, he is yet to prove it. Rahane has been our best overseas batsman if you exclude SA where he was benched.

Even on SA tour Kohli scored on flat SC-like Centurian pitch, failed in Capetown, scored a 50 at Wanderers where Pujara also scored a 50.

On last England tour, Vijay and Rahane our top run getters and you cant compete if you depend on one batsman to score runs.  All of the top six will have to do it.  Kohli may be key anywhere else but in England, he is yet to prove it. Rahane has been our best overseas batsman if you exclude SA where he was benched.

So who told you we are going to get all green tracks in Eng? Its already hot here now and India is coming here in late summer. Expect a lot of batting friendly tracks and spinners will come into play.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pathetic post as usual. Even KL Rahul himself would not wish an injury for Kohli, India's greatest batsman. But some fans I tell you :flushed:

It's not my fault if you want to lick it up blindly like a typical Dhoni fan you are. Who is wishing for an injury to Kohli? Stop twisting it to suit your pathetic agendas. 

6 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

For how long you stayed away from exercise? Could you go to office?

First two months are pretty bad. Hard to even sit in car or at desk. I work for the government and they have good benifits plan and are flexible. they supported me during my recovery phase and I took 2 months off fully paid from work. Now I am 70% recovered and have started going back to work and not much pain sitting. I am sure I will fully recover in next 2 months. 

But one thing is for sure, I will never bowl fast again in my life.  My Doc(he knows the dynamics of Cricket) has told me I should never bowl again as I might herniate the disc. Something died inside me when I heard that from the doc. :((

I haven’t exercised for past 3 months. 

First two months are pretty bad. Hard to even sit in car or at desk. I work for the government and they have good benifits plan and are flexible. they supported me during my recovery phase and I took 2 months off fully paid from work. Now I am 70% recovered and have started going back to work and not much pain sitting. I am sure I will fully recover in next 2 months. 

But one thing is for sure, I will never bowl fast again in my life.  My Doc(he knows the dynamics of Cricket) has told me I should never bowl again as I might herniate the disc. Something died inside me when I heard that from the doc. :((
I haven’t exercised for past 3 months. 
You are a cricketer?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

He should have skipped useless IPL.  But hey now he will never have a good stat in Eng in his career probably -> so thats that - if he misses a season because of this then he is done demoted from GOAT contender to Great or Good.

Hope he recovers fully quickly.