KL Rahul should be given a long rope !!!

velu

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

at the start of IPL it was clear that he needed a great IPL. he has that now, now its his right to play for India. Hope he builds on it.

True. He still has to prove himself. All this glorifying needs to be controlled. Hope he lives up to expectations.

11 minutes ago, Shunya said:

True. He still has to prove himself. All this glorifying needs to be controlled. Hope he lives up to expectations.

correct. He failed in SA tests. He needs to prove himself in international away tours basically. He is no where near Kohli level in batting as of now.

33 minutes ago, Vilander said:

correct. He failed in SA tests. He needs to prove himself in international away tours basically. He is no where near Kohli level in batting as of now.

as of now he wnt be either, it took kohli also yrs to reach where he is and he had the backing of captain which rahul is missing 

A captains backing makes a world of diff 

58 minutes ago, Shunya said:

On topic,

Rahul is going to be perma now...nobody can stop him

M not to sure under kohli, he shud have been permanent long ago only on basis of his international perfomance itself. 

46 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

this England series is  very critical for Rahul..... was pathetic in Saf, was only moderate in AUS , was even moderate in Srilanka.

If he  performs like he did in SAF , then need to move on from him.

We need to move on from rohit , Dhawan , Pujara and even may be VJ/rahane before KL cos all these guys have either been pathetic or at best moderate for past few years by your high standards 

On 6/4/2018 at 5:45 AM, Gollum said:

Big fan of this guy, only a handful of batsmen give me the joy this lad does when he is on the crease, iske chalte I even watched some Kings XI Punjab matches despite being out of touch with IPL for 6-7 years. Sad that he has lost about 2 years because of politics and nepotism. At least now give him a long run for the next 8 or so years, he is destined to become a colossal figure of the game. 

INJURIES, sprinkled with politics and nepotism.  Jazbaati mein aake don't forget the role of injuries in his stop-start career.  Here's hoping those are all behind him and he can stay healthy for a decade. 

Article from 2017:

Injury prone

Rahul is no stranger to injuries or illness, and he has been in/out of the Indian team in his short 18-Test career.

In fact, hardly a season has gone past since his debut in 2014 when he has not been out of the team nursing some or the other injury. It has obviously made a serious impact on a young and promising player.

When asked to compare the wait due to injuries with the time before he made his Test debut, he replied, "I think this is a lot more difficult because in physical injuries, you want to do a lot of things.

"We as sportsmen, we're not used to just sitting at home and being at home all day. We want to go out, we want to play sport, we want to be in the gym, want to train, we want to hit balls, and when you're not physically able to do that, it's really tough. It starts playing on the mind a lot more.

"I have kind of gotten used to this. More than playing for a long time, I have been in and out of the team because of injuries. It’s never easy to come back.

"It takes you a couple of games to get back into your groove as an opening batsman, understand where your off-stump is, to understand what pace you have to play at, how many shots are too many shots, how slow is too much slow - there are a lot of things, a lot of doubts in your mind if you keep going out and coming back in. But I have enjoyed the challenge," said Rahul.

"People might say there is certain part where I can control my body and I can take care of my body but sometimes it just happens. No matter how well I have taken care of my body, I have been injured a few times which is very unfortunate and which is very disappointing. But each time I have come back, I have come back stronger and I have come back hungrier."

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

this England series is  very critical for Rahul..... was pathetic in Saf, was only moderate in AUS , was even moderate in Srilanka.

If he  performs like he did in SAF , then need to move on from him.

If that is the definition of pathetic, then according to you half of the Indian team are even more pathetic.