Your most painful cricket related memory against other teams?

As good as the Aussies were in 2003, they actually had quite a few hiccups in the tournament - Pakistan had them in some trouble before Symonds played an ATG knock, England had them 7 or 8 down before Bevan and Bichel rescued them, frickin' Kenya had them 5 down for 120-odd, Bond wrecked them with a 6-fer before another rescue from Bichel/Bevan, SL cleaned up their top order in the SF before another ATG Symonds knock but we on the other hand were absolutely appalling against them in both games. I remember being actually hopeful before the final as I thought we had already had our one bad game out of the way against them (in those days if we won all games before the final it meant a sure shot defeat in the final itself :cantstop:) and had improved as the tournament went on but all hopes were dashed within the first 2-3 overs of the AUS innings.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

@Ankit_sharma03 must have made hospital his home after those many times he got hurt.

The legend the icon that is theThe Realist :hatsoff: is very passionate about Indian cricket he gets very emotional when we don’t do well he must have been hurt a lot during the 90’s era.The way he strives for excellence and develop the art of winning is great a true fan and legend of the Icf.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Yeah right. Shat himself when the series was alive against the mighty Banglas and then made a lejhundary "comeback" in the dead rubber LMAO.

:cantstop: He did when 10du was playing for himself and he couldn't do anything. We saw he finished off in AC2016 trying to erase that sick memories of your 10du from 2012. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

As good as the Aussies were in 2003, they actually had quite a few hiccups in the tournament - Pakistan had them in some trouble before Symonds played an ATG knock, England had them 7 or 8 down before Bevan and Bichel rescued them, frickin' Kenya had them 5 down for 120-odd, Bond wrecked them with a 6-fer before another rescue from Bichel/Bevan, SL cleaned up their top order in the SF before another ATG Symonds knock but we on the other hand were absolutely appalling against them in both games. I remember being actually hopeful before the final as I thought we had already had our one bad game out of the way against them (in those days if we won all games before the final it meant a sure shot defeat in the final itself :cantstop:) and had improved as the tournament went on but all hopes were dashed within the first 2-3 overs of the AUS innings.

i think Srinath and sachin chocked imploded and in the final..only Sehwag stood up..

5 hours ago, speedheat said:

Bot, I know you are a multitasker, you use both Indian and bangla forum, ending up getting confused between bangla and Indian posters :phehe: I know bot its difficult to distinguish the two for you, I some times wish you was a human Bot. :sad:

Software know when to use " ," first.:hysterical: Stop torturing us with your Bangladeshi english. :phehe:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo59AQm4RpXb0QTw2tgh1

Looks like your creator took this way too seriously. 

Edited by Rasgulla
22 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i think Srinath and sachin chocked imploded and in the final..only Sehwag stood up..

The game was well out of reach before we went out to bat. A total of 360 back in those days meant that we had to slog right from the word go which meant the batsmen ending up taking far more risks than they usually would. Sehwag just like SRT was caught when he was on 4. They only difference was it turned out to be a no ball.

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

The game was well out of reach before we went out to bat. A total of 360 back in those days meant that we had to slog right from the word go which meant the batsmen ending up taking far more risks than they usually would. Sehwag just like SRT was caught when he was on 4. They only difference was it turned out to be a no ball.

yeah srinath was the first one who stunk..then zak followed suit. they should nave have been allowed to reach 300 leave alone 357.  Sachin came out to bat and promptly chocked and got out to Mcgrath, did not even show rudimentary resistance. 

30 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

:cantstop: He did when 10du was playing for himself and he couldn't do anything. We saw he finished off in AC2016 trying to erase that sick memories of your 10du from 2012. 

Only after he finished us off in 2015 with his atrocious SR of 62 which led to our first bilateral defeat against Bangladesh :hehe:. You can carry on defending his tuk tuk disasterclass like the infamous Japanese soldier on the island :two_thumbs_up:.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Only after he finished us off in 2015 with his atrocious SR of 62 which led to our first bilateral defeat against Bangladesh :hehe:. You can carry on defending his tuk tuk disasterclass like the infamous Japanese soldier on the island :two_thumbs_up:.

:hysterical: Raina has less SR than match, They are all Better than any tuk tuk by your Ailiaaa for his 100th 100 who no one cares about and his 7(26) at WC which led to embrassing exit like never before. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

:hysterical: Ailiaaa choked at the start, not even a fight in that final. When tough gets going.. He goes missing :(( 

Sehwag > Sachin anyday

1999 wc match against zim 

99 Chennai test 

2008 asia cup final 

2004 asia cup final 

2001 faridavad odi loss vs zim 

2003 wc final 

2004 vb series Sydney game against aus (we should have won )

2005 Bangalore test,Ahmedabad odi against pak 

2012 England home series 

2011 England away series drubbing

2008 horrible batting performance in Lanka 

2014 mcculum 300 wala test 

2004 Chennai test against aus ,final day washed out 

2015 wc semis 

2006 Windies odi series defeat (especially 2nd odi )

2004,2009,17 ct match against pak 

2000 ct final against nzl 

96 test in saf (rain saved them)

96 test match in Barbados  

And many more lol 

23 hours ago, MechEng said:

If any ICFer has noticed one trait about me in this forum, it is that I hardly post comments of dissapointment/anger if India loses big games or any other games, thanks to 2011 4-0 drubbing in England, before that series I was as naive/emotional as an Indian fan could be but after that thrashing I was a different person totally.

We became a joke under dhoni in away tests ,even I grew a thicker skin lol 

16 minutes ago, adi B said:

99 Chennai test 

2008 asia cup final 

2004 asia cup final 

2003 wc final 

2012 England home series 

2015 wc semis 

And many more lol 

abey tu mara nahi...itni chot kha kha ke :giggle: 

20 minutes ago, adi B said:

99 Chennai test 

2008 asia cup final 

2004 asia cup final 

2003 wc final 

2012 England home series 

2015 wc semis 

And many more lol 

Dard ke aage jeet hai :biggrin:

2003 finals was lost more in mind before they batted again, I don't rate ganguly as great captain as he rarely improvised.You have to change team based on opposition and not what worked against other teams..Kumble was the best bowler against Aussies during their league match and there was no need to play Mongia at all.

The team meeting during lunch break which Harsha Bhogle where he quotes Sachin talking on how they needed to score boundary every over and he would be  going for it from ball one was such a wrong strategy. That was such a flat wicket and India had talent in batsmen to make match closer if not win it.All they had to do was play normally and take stock as innings progressed instead of going bang bang from ball one.

2017 CT finals is worst defeat in my view, I could not fathom how they lost to that useless Pakistan team.

Edited by putrevus