D Chahar- quick rise to first team

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes ...  our top fast bowlers should be rested in bilateral T20Is.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes ...  our top fast bowlers should be rested in bilateral T20Is.

Yes. We need our best quicks for tests and odi's. No need to waste them on batting shootouts when most bowlers are gonna get smashed anyway. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats what m getting pissed off to , just becoz he played for CSK does that make him bad

M no fan of him, ill prefer rajpoot over him but he earned his selection by performing it on A-tour n lets not demean it coz he played for CSK .

You are no fan of him. You'll prefer Rajpoot over him. Then why are you defending his selection over Rajpoot. Many times I mentioned here I don't like his selection over others who have done equally good were in wait list for a reasonable time and plus add more skills than Chahar can offer. Obviously you are defending this only because of CSK. 

Obviously he hasn't earned his selections if he is selected ahead of equally performing and better skilled bowlers. Some outside influence worked for him which is quite obvious.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, IPL also played a big part and no broadcast of vH trophy also played a part.

I remember you debating that IPL has very less influence on selection and selection is based on domestic performance only. It's actually other way around. You need to perform in domestics which obviously is qualifying criteria generally but you definitely need to perform in IPL and most importantly for CSK (Dhoni bhaiyya) , MI (universal lobby :om:  or RCB (Kohli bhaijaan).

Edited by Pollack
5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

You are no fan of him. You'll prefer Rajpoot over him. Then why are you defending his selection over Rajpoot. Many times I mentioned here I don't like his selection over others who have done equally good were in wait list for a reasonable time and plus add more skills than Chahar can offer. Obviously you are defending this only because of CSK. 

Yup , but my problem is ppl demeaning his selection by calling him CSk quota.......no he has earned it 

I dnt like mayank but if tomm he gets selected i wnt call it quota . 

M not an owner of CSK ( fan yes but in that case also i shud have defened raydu selection which i hated it but still cnt deny he perfomed)

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Obviously he hasn't earned his selections if he is selected ahead of equally performing and better skilled bowlers. Some outside influence worked for him which is quite obvious.

He perfomed in SMA

HE performed in IPL

HE perfomed on A-tour so he earned 

He did well in t20 n got selected that to as backup not as main n their shudnt be any problem with that 

Now the question comes about skill, yes someone like rajpoot is more skilled but are selectors even considering him for Odi . To be honest his skills are good for t20s. Unfortunately not , SO how are we even expecting him too get Selected. Sadly this team mngmt will not work in ways that we like or else rahul wud have been getting regular chances for over an yr. N krunal wud have been in this team a yr ago 

Ur n mine opinions dnt cause selection, still its not right to call his selection only to CSK quota coz then even jadeja shud get selected for Indian team over krunal n axar

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bhuvi didnt become that over night , it takes time to develop skill. Even sid kaul did so its not impossible 

He has improved his pace remarkably so he can improve it to . In t20 he can get away with it as bhuvi also was doing well ever since he started playing t20 when his death skills werent great . 

Irony in the other thread I was talking abt Shaw performance across all formats and in current A tour and u were comparing him to dhwan, rohit and other established pro stats and discard him saying he all be exposed in internationals. And here u are clearly  suppoting a player who shall be far behind in picking order, As we have so  many other bowlers with impressive first class stats ahead of him. As OP was mentioning on what basis he has been selected for A tours, when he has quite mediocre stats in domestic games. Also here you are claiming he ll improved with time than  y don't he go back in domestic to improve and showcase what he poses, just like  u asked for pant, Shaw and other youngsters. What's the hurry of getting him in national team, when u have Saini, Rajput clearly ahead of him on the basis of overall performance.One more thing other thread when I asked y Pandya has been selected on the basis of one A tour u quickly responded all-rounder are rare and so he was fast tracked, surprisingly  u r asking same question to OP just to support chahar selection.

His performance in IPL was not good enough to earn him a place in Indian team, I have said it during IPL he looked innocuous when no swing in offer and so was the case yesterday, definitely there is influence of dhoni bhaijaan for his selection, we will never be free of nepotism as long as dhoni is there, during his captaincy days he was the baap of nepotism and favoritism.

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

Irony in the other thread I was talking abt Shaw performance across all formats and in current A tour and u were comparing him to dhwan, rohit and other established pro stats and discard him saying he all be exposed in internationals.

May be then u didnt read few lines

My problem with shaw was he is in his 1st season 

N one more line i specifically said 

Batsman n spinner take time to mature, pacer can be fast tracked

Deepak chahar has been playing for domestic for few yrs

And here u are clearly  suppoting a player who shall be far behind in picking order, As we have so  many other bowlers with impressive first class stats ahead of him. As OP was mentioning on what basis he has been selected for A tours, when he has quite mediocre stats in domestic games.

OP is cribbing about his red ball stats

When he did well in SMA with white ball, IPL white ball n he got selected for white ball competition only 

So OP main idea was crying for no reason 

Also here you are claiming he ll improved with time than  y don't he go back in domestic to improve and showcase what he poses, just like  u asked for pant, Shaw and other youngsters.

Doesnt everyone improve with time 

But im asking for pant selection, when did i say not to select him 

Shaw is in his 1st season. Pant n chahar are not . Understand my concern with pant........i want him to go through grind n beocme more poilished. Chahar n pant have already gone through their 1st challenges 

What's the hurry of getting him in national team, when u have Saini, Rajput clearly ahead of him on the basis of overall performance.

Saini is not a t20 bowler

I myself is asking for rajputs selection 

One more thing other thread when I asked y Pandya has been selected on the basis of one A tour u quickly responded all-rounder are rare and so he was fast tracked, surprisingly  u r asking same question to OP just to support chahar selection.

Actually pandya also wen through A games, he made a 70+ on a green track in australia where every batsman failed 

M not asking for suppourt m asking not to demean his selection by calling him quota.....huge diff 

I appreciate every one has a diff choice - rajpoot is mine , khallel of other but lets not call anyone quota

Calling quota to someone is unfair, If even shaw gets selected ill not quota mumbai cricket quota 

I can have diff opinion but thats not insulting to someone hard work, calling a quota selection is 

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

May be then u didnt read few lines

My problem with shaw was he is in his 1st season 

N one more line i specifically said 

Batsman n spinner take time to mature, pacer can be fast tracked

Deepak chahar has been playing for domestic for few yrs

OP is cribbing about his red ball stats

When he did well in SMA with white ball, IPL white ball n he got selected for white ball competition only 

So OP main idea was crying for no reason 

Doesnt everyone improve with time 

But im asking for pant selection, when did i say not to select him 

Shaw is in his 1st season. Pant n chahar are not . Understand my concern with pant........i want him to go through grind n beocme more poilished. Chahar n pant have already gone through their 1st challenges 

Saini is not a t20 bowler

I myself is asking for rajputs selection 

Actually pandya also wen through A games, he made a 70+ on a green track in australia where every batsman failed 

M not asking for suppourt m asking not to demean his selection by calling him quota.....huge diff 

I appreciate every one has a diff choice - rajpoot is mine , khallel of other but lets not call anyone quota

Calling quota to someone is unfair, If even shaw gets selected ill not quota mumbai cricket quota 

I can have diff opinion but thats not insulting to someone hard work, calling a quota selection is 

Because theres been history with CSK player that after one good stint they have been fast tracked to international. And at that point top domestic( SMA,Runjee,Duleep) performance has been completely ignored. I will give you examples, Mohit Sharma, R Jadeja,  Manprit Goni and now Chahar there are few batsmens as well. And i disagree that only batsmen and spinners take time to mature and not fast bowlers, See ZAK and  Srinath 2 of the best fast bowlers which we had, they also improved with time.They have been selected on the basis of potential as they both were fast. I am not against Chahar selection but i am always against biased selection where potential is completely ignored for few players and then there are other few who has been selected on the basis of fake potential.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

I remember you debating that IPL has very less influence on selection and selection is based on domestic performance only. It's actually other way around. You need to perform in domestics which obviously is qualifying criteria generally but you definitely need to perform in IPL and most importantly for CSK (Dhoni bhaiyya) , MI (universal lobby :om:  or RCB (Kohli bhaijaan).

I had said IPL alone isnt the criteria. Only IPL won't get a player selected. Most of the players that debut for India have done well in domestics first and then IPL before getting selected. You can get selected even if you haven't done much in IPL but done well in domestic. Shardul is an example. He had done nothing in IPL when he first played for India. While someone like Rajpoot who is the only uncapped bowler to get a fifer in IPL can't make it to the team even A team for one days.

27 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Because theres been history with CSK player that after one good stint they have been fast tracked to international. And at that point top domestic( SMA,Runjee,Duleep) performance has been completely ignored. I will give you examples, Mohit Sharma, R Jadeja,  Manprit Goni and now Chahar there are few batsmens as well. And i disagree that only batsmen and spinners take time to mature and not fast bowlers, See ZAK and  Srinath 2 of the best fast bowlers which we had, they also improved with time.They have been selected on the basis of potential as they both were fast. I am not against Chahar selection but i am always against biased selection where potential is completely ignored for few players and then there are other few who has been selected on the basis of fake potential.

Mohit sharma also did well in domestic n for india for a while till he was soughted out and then got dropped

Jadeja played for india when he was in RR

Gony looked to have qualitues but didnt worked n got chucked soon

They all got chances after doing well n when they failed they got chucked. 

Every cricketer will tell u this time batsman n spinner needs more time, fast bowlers can be fast tracked. I didnt make that line

Zak n srinath were ready for international cricket, the better ur talking about when they reached next level which made them mainstay of the team

How is chahar a biased one??? he perfomed in SMA, IPL n then A tour....if u look at his List A stats he has 30 wkst in 15 games at avg on 19 , terrific stats 

32 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Mohit Sharma was second highest Wicket taker in Ranji trophy. Manprit Gony was taking lot of Wickets in domestics. Chahar was top Wicket taker in SMA trophy.

21 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mohit sharma also did well in domestic n for india for a while till he was soughted out and then got dropped

Jadeja played for india when he was in RR

Gony looked to have qualitues but didnt worked n got chucked soon

They all got chances after doing well n when they failed they got chucked. 

Every cricketer will tell u this time batsman n spinner needs more time, fast bowlers can be fast tracked. I didnt make that line

Zak n srinath were ready for international cricket, the better ur talking about when they reached next level which made them mainstay of the team

How is chahar a biased one??? he perfomed in SMA, IPL n then A tour....if u look at his List A stats he has 30 wkst in 15 games at avg on 19 , terrific stats 

Rajput also did  well.i dint oppose chaha4 selection he can come good or not time ll tell. All I m saying is most of these players got in to teams after having stint with csk.

42 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Rajput also did  well.i dint oppose chaha4 selection he can come good or not time ll tell. All I m saying is most of these players got in to teams after having stint with csk.

Many players have made it from even RR, SRH, n MI to.......

All these sides have been good sides in IPL and obv these guys perform thats why these sides are good so its their perfomance only that gets them selected. All these sides have gotten better out of players due to their environment.

If tomm RCB becomes a good n consistent side ull see players from RCB to 

45 minutes ago, raki05 said:

But Ipl stint with csk was the prime influenced in India's selection for aforementioned players.

What about Yuzi who got in from RCB

IPL is a televised tournament so its get more attention but they all did perform in domestic also. Just a csk logo doesnt get u in team.

N wasnt IPL a platform for youngster to showcase their talent 

16 minutes ago, asterix said:

I’m sorry Ankit but you’re trying hard.

Chahar has no exceptional skills to get selected other than his closeness to Dhoni...

Sometimes their is a thing called timing n luck with selection

HE performed in SMA

Hsi list A numbers are terrific (30 wkts in 15 games with an avg of 19)

He played well for CSK , got chance for A tour 

Did well on A-tour 

Bumrah got injured and then he got a chance for t20s and he has IPL + SMA+ being their in england on a tour working for him

I dnt see any biasness in it, ur trying way to hard to establish a connection 

Jadeja is more close to dhoni then chahar n he cud have also gotten in once sundar was injured .....guess what both axar n krunal gotten in , gowtham made it on A-tour but jadeja no were

N still u wanna say n make theories then i cnt stop u but choose a better headlines " that kohli shud step down with immediate effect as its still dhoni who is ruling" 

About his skill- good enough for t20 , other formats might get caught but he isnt being selected in another format

To be honest im also not keen on it but i dnt see biasness to . About skills for many years we got raydu who i never beilved had the quality as other indian batsman but its shows selectors doesnt also have the eye for gr8 talent to as times, At times they look for other logistics like current form , incase of chahar he was also in england performing on A-tour 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Did pandya play fir CSK or even Bumrah? Or Shardul when he made his India debut? Kaul didn't play for CSK. Sundar played for Pune. 

Do u think bumrah and chahar is same kind of bowler. Bumrah has performed in domestic, also he dint get selected after his first season of Ipl for the national team. Pand ya as everyone said is a fast bowling all-rounder rare and India was looking someone for that position.Who is happy with kaul selection people opposed kaul selection as well. Sundar again performed for TN and  also fighting for all-rounder spin position which is vacant since jadeja exit in loi.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Many players have made it from even RR, SRH, n MI to.......

All these sides have been good sides in IPL and obv these guys perform thats why these sides are good so its their perfomance only that gets them selected. All these sides have gotten better out of players due to their environment.

If tomm RCB becomes a good n consistent side ull see players from RCB to 

What about Yuzi who got in from RCB

IPL is a televised tournament so its get more attention but they all did perform in domestic also. Just a csk logo doesnt get u in team.

N wasnt IPL a platform for youngster to showcase their talent 

I know yuzi gets lot of favor from kohli otherwise there's no way he gets selected every time when lone spinner needed. Kuldeep is much better than Yuzi and yuzi starts loosing when batter go after him. That's what we are highlighting if player with potential and performance in domestic getting selected no issues, but if they get select only because captain have some unknown liking for him because they play for same franchise. Rajput, Rahul, Pant they all showcased talent why they are not getting at all or getting consistent chance even in t20. 

10 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Do u think bumrah and chahar is same kind of bowler. Bumrah has performed in domestic, also he dint get selected after his first season of Ipl for the national team. Pand ya as everyone said is a fast bowling all-rounder rare and India was looking someone for that position.Who is happy with kaul selection people opposed kaul selection as well. Sundar again performed for TN and  also fighting for all-rounder spin position which is vacant since jadeja exit in loi.

First thing, Chahar is not selected just based on IPL. Second, this was not his first IPL, this was his 3rd.  Third Bumrah debuted in IPL at 19, while Chahar is 25 at this point. Last time, a 19-year-old fast bowler debuted for India was Unadkat and you already know how it went. Fourth, Chahar has also done well in short forms in domestic cricket and made his FC debut in 2010 if I remember at an 18 year old.  What has Sundar done for TN? please take a look at his record. There is nothing great about it. He was purley picked based on IPL.