With Saha in doubt, Pant must play England

8 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Read title of thread if saha not available then play pant not if saha not available then we need to field a young keeper instead of DK or partiv. 

No cricket team will field a young keeper with less FC experience in an important Test series. We already learned it the hard way with Parthiv Patel during the 2003 series.Keeping in Tests is a very hard job especially in England.

33 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Read title of thread if saha not available then play pant not if saha not available then we need to field a young keeper instead of DK or partiv. 

Its not about trying a youngster in seaming Eng pitches nor about  Pant,the response was about why Kishan is out of the race?

Edited by Suhaan
10 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Why are few like you obsessed with pant ? Why isnt anyone talking about Ishan Kishan?  am sure their are other keeper batsman why not them ? Pant as of today isnt the gilchrist avatar you think he is, he maybe in future but i know if saha is injured then DK is our best chance to contribute towards test win in england.

Ishan kishan Is good too. But at the moment Pant edges out him in both keeping skills and batting. I know Pant can be inconsistent at times but Kishan is even more inconsistent as of now. So obviously I will talk about Pant.I wasn't specifically talking about who should replace Saha in tests in England. Only contesting your opinion that Pant did not grab the opportunity which is absurd because he was never given a proper chance.

I want Pant in place of useless Raina who is probably dhoni's/shastri's sifarishi who has done zilch to justify his selection.

Ishan kishan Is good too. But at the moment Pant edges out him in both keeping skills and batting. I know Pant can be inconsistent at times but Kishan is even more inconsistent as of now. So obviously I will talk about Pant.I wasn't specifically talking about who should replace Saha in tests in England. Only contesting your opinion that Pant did not grab the opportunity which is absurd because he was never given a proper chance.
I want Pant in place of useless Raina who is probably dhoni's/shastri's sifarishi who has done zilch to justify his selection.
I don't think Pant will get a chance right now in England even if he performs well enough.
It will be DK or Parthiv.
Don't think Kohli will trust a newbie much.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

See i just want us to win test series and DK today is a better choice than pant or any other keeper. Do you disagree ?

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

which keeper is relaly consistent with the bat? Was Dhoni consistent who averages under 30 overseas without a single 100? why are we looking for a Bradman as a wicket keeper?

16 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Why are few like you obsessed with pant ? Why isnt anyone talking about Ishan Kishan?  am sure their are other keeper batsman why not them ? Pant as of today isnt the gilchrist avatar you think he is, he maybe in future but i know if saha is injured then DK is our best chance to contribute towards test win in england.

Ishan's keeping is not up to the mark yet. A keeper needs to be a good keeper first at least in tests.  DK is a dropper, so, he isnt the best choice.  you may think because he has experience but so does Parthiv who also played last test series in absence of Saha.  Till when we will keep looking back to TTFs and not invest in future?

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ishan's keeping is not up to the mark yet. A keeper needs to be a good keeper first at least in tests.  DK is a dropper, so, he isnt the best choice.  you may think because he has experience but so does Parthiv who also played last test series in absence of Saha.  Till when we will keep looking back to TTFs and not invest in future?

DK is big no.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ojha is going to turn 35 in 8 days time on paper.  we better recall Dhoni if we have to pick Ojha.  At least Dhoni has ekshperience.

Even Saha is 33, fast approaching 34. If we are looking for a stop gap for a single series or even a few Test matches in this series, Ohja is a decent bet. I think DK drops too many chances, and  it's confirmed Parthiv does. 

Pant, of course, is ideal, but it doesn't seem he is being fast-tracked into the team. It seems management will only insert him after more seasoning in Ranji and LOIs.

We saw Chahar and Shardul being picked in T20Is and ODIs respectively based on 50-over A team performances.

Now,  Pant  has  all of  7 dismissals behind the stumps  (  including a spectacular catch )   and 67 not out off 71 balls in a critical run chase to win it for his team in the only 4-day match he has played so far in England.

Will we see fairness prevail in the selection process for test matches too     ????

Edited by express bowling
42 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We saw Chahar and Shardul being picked in T20Is and ODIs respectively based on 50-over A team performances.

Now,  Pant  has  all of  7 dismissals behind the stumps  (  including a spectacular catch )   and 67 not out off 71 balls in a critical run chase to win it for his team in the only 4-day match he has played so far in England.

Will we see fairness prevail in the selection process for test matches too     ????

It is the job of Indian fans to see past stupid cliches of ''experience'' and create pressure/hype for Pant selection. Unfortunately, many still back DK or Parthiv even for the next 5 years, because ''experience'' or Pant's ''lack of experience''.