Many Sikhs in UK don’t want to be identified as ‘Indian’

Switchblade

Just now, mancalledsting said:

Tomorrow go to a Jew and ask what atrocity did Germany Commit on jews. Then go and ask a Tamil what atrocities did Sri Lanka committ on you. Just test this out and see if they give polite responses 

Wait so are you drawing an equivalence between Holocaust (in which millions of Jews were slaughtered) to Op Bluestar a military campaign against hardcore terrorists in which a few innocent Sikhs who got caught in the middle died?

Guys we have a winner here.

Yaar the ‘terrorist’ was taken into custody on the basis of events 30 years ago. You can’t disconnect these two events. The protests were part of that wider context.

I’m not disconnecting Bhai... I’ve been though the 1984 massacre. Also been through everyday transistor bomb blasts killing innocent kids...

I’m just trying to comprehend is Pro-Khalistani also means Pro-Pakistani? Because the Sikhs I know are immensely proud of their roots and hate Pakistanis like enemies...

1 minute ago, asterix said:

I’m not disconnecting Bhai... I’ve been though the 1984 massacre. Also been through everyday transistor bomb blasts killing innocent kids...

I’m just trying to comprehend is Pro-Khalistani also means Pro-Pakistani? Because the Sikhs I know are immensely proud of their roots and hate Pakistanis like enemies...

It’s not about pro this or anti that. If a government commits atrocities on a particular community- then naturally people will feel marginalised. Punjabis aren’t only community in India that has grievances with state govt. At time of Moguls, many atrocities vs sikhs, those are spoken about to this day by Sikh community. My point is these protesters aren’t just targeting India govt for sake of it. There is root cause. My suggestion for India to be united, address that root cause with all states that have grievances not just Punjab 

7 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Yeah they let themselves down in India but seem to be flourishing in UK, US and Canada. I wonder why that is? Stop regurgitating BS narrative from corrupt govts. If you want India to stay united your language needs to be more inclusive

What inclusive?

We are talking about people living outside of India not wanting to be called Indians.

Why should we bother about these guys?

No problem with them excluding themselves. Extremely cool about that .

We do bother about the punjabis in punjab who are the first line of patriots on the border. I would always defend them and stand by them . They are our countrymen.

I don't understand protest against Modi.

Why ?

Bjp has never done anything antisikh.

Why burn the Indian flag?

No body is protesting your decision to go non Indian in India.

This is like throwing a tantrum to get attention when no one really is bothered .

The aftermath of Indira Gandhi's death will always be one of  the darkest chapter of independent India ....but from what I have understood, the right wingers were the ones who helped sikhs that time.

It was the congress and its supporters who were held redponsible for the horrible riots.

So why anti Modi ? What has he done?

If a terrorist was arrested, it is the duty of the Indian govt to act against any anti state agents. 

The idea of Khalistan is anti India and every prime minister will fight it because it is anti India...not as an anti sikh cause .

Don't want to be called Indian...hum kya karen?Your choice and right .

We  have bigger problems including the drug problem and high level of corruption in Punjab politics and many many other problems.

Edited by beetle

10 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Yeah they let themselves down in India but seem to be flourishing in UK, US and Canada. I wonder why that is? Stop regurgitating BS narrative from corrupt govts. If you want India to stay united your language needs to be more inclusive

what let down in India? 

Tomorrow go to a Jew and ask what atrocity did Germany Commit on jews. Then go and ask a Tamil what atrocities did Sri Lanka committ on you. Just test this out and see if they give polite responses 

But they are not like Khalistanis. They’ve moved on from past and don’t protest every now and then or disrespect flags etc. They are immensely proud of their nation and both these communities won’t even hobnob with Muslims and compromise their ideals...

Have you seen Jews protesting against German Chancellor for the holocaust or banning entry of German officials from Synagogues all over the World?

They are not even indulging in any terrorist activities in Germany.

In this case Khalistanis are unique...

Call your self whatever you want and hope you are fully accepted in the country that you want to aspire to belong to. 

Just hope it doesn't become a case of ' na ghar ke , na ghaat ke'.

I wish these guys would inspire more illegal BD residents  to not want to be Indians :p:

10 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

You don’t really know what you’re talking about here. 

I think you’ll find pre annexation of Punjab by British, Ranjeet Singh’s Raj (which mainly consisted of Muslims and Hindus United) was one of most powerful and respected in sub continent. Think about it? What other state has ever won in Afghanistan? Today’s best armies from the west united can’t win there and Ranjeet Singh’s army did by capturing all of today’s NWFP. Also under Ranjit Singh’s Raj, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs were united and lived harmoniously- none of this dirty partisan politics that’s plagued united India. 

The Iranians, aka the historical overlords of Afghanistan, say hello.

The Sikhs in Punjab have moved on and have voted Congress to power in the state...

The Indian Sikhs are immensely proud of India and will do anything to prevent separatism rearing it’s head in Punjab...

Sarkar jokes are a thing of past. There’s great awareness about how Sikhs originated and the actual significance of 12 o clock. Sikh warrior used to raid Muslim/Mughal camps in midnight to free captured Hindu women...

Sikhs I know in the Indian Army and otherwise would rather sacrifice their lives than compromise with Pakistanis...

9 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

First you need to do a bit more reading on prosperity of Punjab pre arrival of British- you’ve really made a mess of a lot of basic historical facts 

Punjab was a mediocre province of the Mughals. That much, is a fact. We have taxation figures ( chauth- all % fixed) from Akbar to Aurangzeb. What we do know, is that Bengal was, by a country mile, the largest revenue generator for the Empire. Followed by Gujarat subah. The combined tax of Multan & Lahore subahs ( the two Subahs that make up Punjab) were less than 60% that of Bengal, just slightly behind that of Bihar.

we do not have taxation figures from Ranjit Singh, so we cannot judge based on hearsay. Those are the facts, feel free to ask for sources if you want to verify. 

32 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The Iranians, aka the historical overlords of Afghanistan, say hello.

No offense to anyone here and I say that being Maharaja Ranjit Singh fan but he didn't conquer Afghanistan.

It was only a few pockets of what is now KPK.

27 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Punjab was a mediocre province of the Mughals. That much, is a fact. We have taxation figures ( chauth- all % fixed) from Akbar to Aurangzeb. What we do know, is that Bengal was, by a country mile, the largest revenue generator for the Empire. Followed by Gujarat subah. The combined tax of Multan & Lahore subahs ( the two Subahs that make up Punjab) were less than 60% that of Bengal, just slightly behind that of Bihar.

we do not have taxation figures from Ranjit Singh, so we cannot judge based on hearsay. Those are the facts, feel free to ask for sources if you want to verify. 

Mulo I beg you please don't start another one of those Bengal vs Punjab arguments.

This is one of the reasons why I cut short my debate on Punajb's prosperity before the British with him since I knew you would jump right in with your Joy Bangla agenda the moment I mentioned Mughals.

Mulo I beg you please don't start another one of those Bengal vs Punjab arguments.
This is one of the reasons why I cut short my debate on Punajb's prosperity before the British with him since I knew you would jump right in with your Joy Bangla agenda the moment I mentioned Mughals.
Man, this cracked me up.

There is so much sincerity and pain in that plea.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk