Team management reduces 4 day practice game to 3 day

1 minute ago, Sachinism said:

Seeing that Hardik tweet reminds me. Was driving in the area of the team hotel in London and spotted DK and Shardul. Asked for a pic, said no, we need to get to gym.

I'm sure they are aware better than us what training and preparation is required.

Lol im surprised you actually wanted Shardul's pic, he's a nobody (for now).  I didnt even stop to take Dhoni's autograph

8 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Seeing that Hardik tweet reminds me. Was driving in the area of the team hotel in London and spotted DK and Shardul. Asked for a pic, said no, we need to get to gym.

I'm sure they are aware better than us what training and preparation is required.

I am well aware that I need to go to the gym too. Doesn't mean I care to go to the gym as much as I should.  

11 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

I have heard Rahane in general is very nice to the fans was he not there though funny to see how a nobody like Thakur or even mediocre DK act like huge celebrities best thing to do is to ignore these people as they  behave like heroes.

don't they have gym in the hotel ?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I have heard Rahane in general is very nice to the fans was he not there though funny to see how a nobody like Thakur or even mediocre DK act like huge celebrities best thing to do is to ignore these people as they  behave like heroes.

Rahane is super duper nice!!
He is a pure gentleman according to people who have met him.
He talks to everybody in the nicest possible tone and his wife is too a great friendly person.

One of my seniors worked with KKR team this summer and gave good reviews about DK.
That he is a nice , easy going person , hard working and considerate.
So maybe he wasn't in the mood-or excessive fame changed him?

About Shardul, didn't he try to pull off a PR stunt to make himself endearing to the masses by boarding a crowded Mumbai Local when he could have just hailed a cab?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Indian cricket will never improve unless this cheerleader Ravi Shastri is kicked out of the dressing room. He has issues in every tour - cancelled the warm up game in SA and now reduced the warm up game here. What an idiot :mad:

Needed a coach like Kumble who understands the importance of away tour and was a thorough professional but our players were intimidated by him.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I would have thought that getting batting practice on a greentop would get them prepared for atleast one kind of extreme condition. 

Fielding need not be done seriously if there are some outfield issues.

Yeah, really wondering how bad condition can be for them to avoid a day. Otherwise it sounds just like an excuse.

They saw the ground and were disappointed. 

These are the situations where coaches have to play a role. Players are sometimes reluctant to do difficult practice and coaches have push them. But seems like Shastri himself had encouraged this.

5 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Needed a coach like Kumble who understands the importance of away tour and was a thorough professional but our players were intimidated by him.

Maybe he was too tough. But then we went with Shastri who probably would be first to jump at idea of ignoring practices and enjoying in England.

Needed some guy somewhere in middle of these two.

I am amazed by the arrogance of this guy (Shastri). The CAC committee (Ganguly, Sachin & VVS) clearly told that though Shastri will be head coach but Zak & Dravid will be bowling & batting consultants respectively for tough overseas tours. Shastri be like none of those working...I need Bharat Arun and Sanjay Bangar. Pathetic.

We already lost the test series in SA. We are almost guaranteed to lose this series because beating Eng in a 5 match series in Eng would be very tough. I hope BCCI kick Shastri out after this tour and if Kohli resists, strip him from captaincy too.