India vs England: Ravi Shastri says Team India not making excuses about pitch and conditions

6 hours ago, Khota said:

So what has Shastri contributed to Indian cricket so far?

According to him when he became a part of team in 2014 they started winning overseas firstly they defeated England 3-1 in England.Then reached Semi finals in 2015 WC and defeated Lanka in Lanka 2-1 then 9-0 in 2017 in all formats.In 2016 he ignored 1-4 series defeat and bragged about our t20 whiteash of the Aussies In Australia cheerleader was chest thumping about Asia cup win in 2016 and reaching semi finals in 2016 t20 wc.He boasts about narrowly losing to Proteas 1-2 and beating them in limited overs format.

4 hours ago, Switchblade said:

According to him when he became a part of team in 2014 they started winning overseas firstly they defeated England 3-1 in England.Then reached Semi finals in 2015 WC and defeated Lanka in Lanka 2-1 then 9-0 in 2017 in all formats.In 2016 he ignored 1-4 series defeat and bragged about our t20 whiteash of the Aussies In Australia cheerleader was chest thumping about Asia cup win in 2016 and reaching semi finals in 2016 t20 wc.He boasts about narrowly losing to Proteas 1-2 and beating them in limited overs format.

As an Indian cricket fan, I cringe whenever Shastri talks as an Indian coach. He is so full of himself, has misplaced confidence, talks in rhetoric. And phattu interviewers don't have the b@lls to ask tough cricketing questions.

41 minutes ago, philcric said:

As an Indian cricket fan, I cringe whenever Shastri talks as an Indian coach. He is so full of himself, has misplaced confidence, talks in rhetoric. And phattu interviewers don't have the b@lls to ask tough cricketing questions.

This was back in 2016 Gauti slammed Shastri

"The way Ravi Shastri is reacting, during interviews and all, it only shows his desperation. According to me, there couldn't be a better choice for India's coach than Anil Kumble," Gambhir told ABP News.

"I think Ravi Shastri couldn't accept the fact that he didn't get the job. The way BCCI has selected the coach, Anil Kumble was the best choice among all the candidates. It's no surprise. When Anil Kumble applied for the job, he was the biggest and most professional name," he added.

"Ravi Shastri has been claiming that Indian team was very successful under him but he never told us that India lost ODI series to Bangladesh, lost ODI series to South Africa at home. So if you see, you played two World Cups (50-over World Cup in Australia and World T20 in India) and one of them was held at your home where you could only reach the semifinals. That's not a big achievement.

"You are trying to show that India became No. 1 in T20s and Tests during your tenure, but what did India win in the last 18 months? You didn't win an overseas series, you lost to South Africa at home, you went to Bangladesh and lost," Gambhir further added.

Read more at: https://www.mykhel.com/cricket/gautam-gambhir-attacks-ravi-shastri-sourav-ganguly-anil-kumble-bcci-006639.html

This is old news was published on July 6th but cheerleader is busy reliving his memories of county cricket

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/skull-attack-and-cardiff-highs-ravi-shastri-relives-glamorgan-days/story-PVroE6Jxsc3TQgLbHYOJ9I.html

Ravi Shastri relives Glamorgan days

There were some serious fast bowlers operating in the County circuit when Ravi Shastri played for Glamorgan, but the skull attack that gave Shastri high was the Brains Bitter!

It is not the name of a bowler, but a popular local Welsh brew. “One pint of Brains Bitter beer and your head will feel the impact; that is why it’s called Skull Attack. Three shots and you will see stars. The short form is SA,” says Graham Swarts, a veteran fan of the Cardiff-based club who was at the Indian nets at Sophia Gardens on Thursday to get autographs and catch up with the India coach.

The Welshman has been a lifelong Glamorgan supporter and seen Shastri play for the County (1987 to 1991). He recalled even sharing a beer with the former India all-rounder. As Shastri walked back from training, he chatted with the Welsh fans who were there seeking autographs.

Bonding with fans

Their talk veered to his old days in Cardiff and Swarts reminded him of his favourite watering holes. “We have seen him enjoy his SA at his favourite pubs. I have shared a pint with him once, just walked up to him and chatted.”

Shastri joined the chorus, saying aloud the names of the pubs with the locals. “Cross Keys, Three Horse Shoes… Captain’s Wife,” they sang.

“Where I lived, Dinas Powys, the two pubs he (Swarts) mentioned were Cross keys and Three Horse Shoes, I loved going there. They were my locals. When I moved to Sully, I would frequent Captain’s Wife, which is right in front of the bay,” said Shastri. Swarts joined in, “it was next to where Viv Richards lived.”

It’s not merely for his friendliness and taste for good life that the Welsh remember the India coach.

“Javed Miandad, Viv Richards, Waqar Younis… some big names played for Glamorgan, and Ravi served us well. He is well liked here. He is mentioned in all the Glamorgan souvenir books, they give him a nice write-up.

“He was a fine all-rounder, a tough character, was a fine bowler and a good fielder,” recalled 79-year-old Swarts, a retired field engineer in the oil refineries with UK Construction.

Toughening up

Shastri said: “Fabulous memories, they are great people, very friendly. See there (pointing to Swarts and the group of Glamorgan supporters), I enjoyed the lifestyle here.”

Shastri has always said how his stint here influenced his career, the experience helping him get hundreds against the world’s best teams.

“All County teams had really, really good pros, so you had to adapt. I went and got hundreds against everyone (after the County stint).

“If I got my two hundreds in England at the top of the order, it is because of County cricket. I went on to get hundreds against West Indies (he rates as his finest the 107 out of India’s total of 251 at Bridgetown against Malcolm Marshall, Curtly Ambrose and Courtney Walsh), Pakistan, a double hundred in Australia, and they were all top teams,” said Shastri.

Explaining how the experience changed him as a batsman, he said: “Just challenging conditions, adapting to the new ball, moving ball, seaming ball. Unlike international games where you get better tracks, in County cricket you get grass on the wicket. You got to work hard for your runs. Being with some real good pros, you mention any fast bowler of that time and he was around here – Malcolm Marshall, Wayne Daniel, Wasim Akram, Michael Holding and Sylvester Clarke. When I started, Imran Khan was also playing… you name them and they were all there, so it was good practice.”

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

A test match should have been scheduled in Ireland instead of the T20Is.

If you remember back in 2016 when the selection of coach was to be made Kumble had given interview for nearly 2 hours and one of his priority was to see us do well and win overseas.I am not saying that under him we would be world beaters but at least the guy had a vision for our cricket team few players felt intimidated by him and our captain didn’t want him so he resigned which was disappointing.

I don’t know what exactly has Shastri done he was bitter when he lost out to the coaching job he expected it to be handed to him while he was relaxing in Thailand near a swimming pool and gave interview on Skype.In 2014 I remember he said that under him team will be world beaters I certainly don’t see that also he keeps boasting that he has covered so much games through media that he knows the game and planing aspect pretty well certainly don’t see that happening at the moment.

If you remember back in 2016 when the selection of coach was to be made Kumble had given interview for nearly 2 hours and one of his priority was to see us do well and win overseas.I am not saying that under him we would be world beaters but at least the guy had a vision for our cricket team few players felt intimidated by him and our captain didn’t want him so he resigned which was disappointing.
I don’t know what exactly has Shastri done he was bitter when he lost out to the coaching job he expected it to be handed to him while he was relaxing in Thailand near a swimming pool and gave interview on Skype.In 2014 I remember he said that under him team will be world beaters I certainly don’t see that also he keeps boasting that he has covered so much games through media that he knows the game and planing aspect pretty well certainly don’t see that happening at the moment.

What has kumble done as far as results in one year which Shastri has not done.

What did Kumble do more as a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shastri probably thinks that the difference b/w worrying about pitch and conditions and not worrying about them is 0-3 and 0-4 respectively so there is no point in pondering over those .... However he may be interested in weather forecast as if 2 or 3 guys have an exceptional game and w/ weather playing a role, Ind could squeeze in a draw :tongue:

Edited by zen
21 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What has kumble done as far as results in one year which Shastri has not done.

What did Kumble do more as a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There would have been better planing if Kumble had been the coach not saying we would have definitely won the series overseas but Shastri just talks a lot reducing practice games or saying that we will be able to adjust in the test series after playing whit ball cricket is moronic.

"We take pride in performing wherever we go and we want to be the best travelling side in the world."                                                                Uncle Shastri full of hot air as usual. Best travelling side by what yardstick - max number of airline miles, best selfies, nights spent drinking and dancing away? The BCCI should issue a gag order against this gutless team and coaching crew ahead of any  overseas series. 

Just now, nevada said:

"We take pride in performing wherever we go and we want to be the best travelling side in the world."                                                                Uncle Shastri full of hot air as usual. Best travelling side by what yardstick - max number of airline miles, best selfies, nights spent drinking and dancing away? The BCCI should issue a gag order against this gutless team and coaching crew ahead of any  overseas series. 

Saala ispe sade anhe bhi barbad nahi kar sakte, utha ke omelette bana de aur players ko khila de to :puke:

Edited by R!TTER
4 minutes ago, nevada said:

No wonder Saurav said recently. "Don't interview him in the morning...". :giggle:

5 minutes ago, nevada said:

We know our scorelines in England before this tour: 4-0 [2011], 3-1 [2014]. We want to do much better than that,” he said in an interview to ESPNCricinfo. Did he mean we want it to be 5-0?