2nd test: India Vs England at: 3.30 pm IST on 9 August at Lords

tweaker

If I’d been the professional coach in place of that cheerleader, I’d’ve ensured a better tour preparation for the batsmen. Kohli might think it’s a waste but not all batsmen bat like him...
they bloody practiced little bit only a day before the match... what did they do for a week? Shopping? Partying? Swimming in the hotel pool?

Well if they keep on losing matches there’ll definitely be danda coming from BCCI...

6 minutes ago, asterix said:

If I’d been the professional coach in place of that cheerleader, I’d’ve ensured a better tour preparation for the batsmen. Kohli might think it’s a waste but not all batsmen bat like him...
they bloody practiced little bit only a day before the match... what did they do for a week? Shopping? Partying? Swimming in the hotel pool?

Well if they keep on losing matches there’ll definitely be danda coming from BCCI...

BCCI babus don’t give a shyt it’s only home series that matters to them.

Edited by Switchblade
BCCI babus don’t give a shyt it’s only home series that matters for them.

They do... the countries happiness quotient is linked with the team winning or losing... if public starts getting angry it could affect BJP... So I expect BJP contacts in BCCI start doing Danda pretty soon...
5 minutes ago, asterix said:

They do... the countries happiness quotient is linked with the team winning or losing... if public starts getting angry it could affect BJP... So I expect BJP contacts in BCCI start doing Danda pretty soon...

Dada jab 2014 me nahi hua to ab kya hoga uske next year home series karwa di thi unhone.

48 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

I knew before it started England always had the edge.

They are well short of preparation. They didn't learn in SA in the first place. Same story before the 1st test in this series. Repeated the same mistake before this test as well. Only the rain gods can save us now. 

Extremely disappointed by our performances with red ball cricket overseas. The players are responsible for these repeated failures but Shastri, Bangar, R. Sridhar need to be blamed as well.

36 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

They are well short of preparation. They didn't learn in SA in the first place. Same story before the 1st test in this series. Repeated the same mistake before this test as well. Only the rain gods can save us now. 

Extremely disappointed by our performances with red ball cricket overseas. The players are responsible for these repeated failures but Shastri, Bangar, R. Sridhar need to be blamed as well.

Theya re well short of ability. Ability to defend or leave the ball won't come from practice matches. Test cricket needs great discipline.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Theya re well short of ability. Ability to defend or leave the ball won't come from practice matches. Test cricket needs great discipline.

The same batsmen, esp Rahane performed really well in our previous overseas cycle whereas our bowling was awful (except Lord's test). Vijay was the leading scorer from our side in 2014 tour. Yet this time they have been poking outside off stump & making silly mistakes. Pujara been runout 3rd time this year. They have simply forgotten playing the delivery according to its merit & to understand the value of their wicket. 

They have shown the ability in the past but in patches. Will get to a solid start then throw it away. Tbh mentally they've been shot. Don't know what's the environment currently in the dressing room.